G.Best vs Messi& Cristiano Ronaldo

Discussion in 'Players & Legends' started by Homesmoina204, Apr 11, 2011.

1. Jaweirdo

Jaweirdo Member+

Aug 19, 2011
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Puck you generally have anti-Messi messages, which you have admitted yourself. I am curious as to why you think he will win the world cup in 2014? Is it that the team is playing better, is he playing better himself, or I guess you were being sarcastic?

2. JamesBH11

JamesBH11 Member+

Sep 17, 2004
    Calm down .. I just repeated what Maradona's claim. Not my opinion

Like puck said he will have his chance at 26,27 next year,
    I have no doubt he will be "great" there - for what he has done (so much improved) with Argentina team last 7,8 games (X fingers)

3. RoyOfTheRovers

Jul 24, 2009
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England

["Howls, HOWLS of derisive laughter, Bruce!!" :ROFLMAO: & :rolleyes:]

4. RoyOfTheRovers

Jul 24, 2009
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    For "PDG" & others; more footage of Best in action:

#!

5. RoyOfTheRovers

Jul 24, 2009
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    A very good biopic/special on Best that originally aired on Sky IIRC:

United_xxx repped this.
  6. Don Carlo

Don Carlo Member

Jul 26, 2014
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Going by the eye test rather than digging out stats I can say that Messi on ability is a top 10 all time player... George Best on ability at his best 1964-71 is a top 10 player... and quite easily IMO.... CR7 is maybe top 25.

If George Best was in his prime today, the discussion would be between Messi and Best for best player in the world, Ronaldo would be in 3rd place... just my personal opinion.

7. JamesBH11

JamesBH11 Member+

Sep 17, 2004
    #82 JamesBH11, Sep 11, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2014
    Totally different style! at his best form (66-69) Best was a true great individually.

Best's style is more like in between Garrincha and Ronaldo fenomeno (pre-injured) or Maradona in his younger days 78-82. Very individualistic and a ONE MAN show in his team/
    As mentioned he often resolved a game by his own talent ... before ...he would create for the team (liek Garrincha and Ronaldo)
    In brief, Best was like a Sniper who functioned alone on a side to help the commando squad

Messi was great in Barca shirt, and was more of a great player shining bright out of a great system ...
    Messi blended well with the team in movement and synchronization and exploited the best from that to rising up above all!
    Messi was like the best fighter in the commando squad

8. Jaweirdo

Jaweirdo Member+

Aug 19, 2011
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Your hate for Messi has made you delusional. Its official. Take a deep breath slowly, exhale and repeat 10 times

9. JamesBH11

JamesBH11 Member+

Sep 17, 2004
    no I like Messi a lot (a great skillful and nice personality)
    I just hate his fan boys who got so much of imagination and illusion to inflate his performance for Argentina!

Now look back at what I responded to you BEFORE WC: (march 2014) just a few post back ward same thread:

Like puck said he will have his chance at 26,27 next year,
    I have no doubt he will be "great" there - for what he has done (so much improved) with Argentina team last 7,8 games (X fingers)

10. La-Máquina

La-Máquina BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 5, 2013
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy