Futbol on TV thread

Discussion in 'Peru' started by FARFAN 17, Jul 27, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FARFAN 17

FARFAN 17 Member

Jan 29, 2005
    Back in NJ :(
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    I started this thread because basically I did not know where to post this good news.

Yesterday they said on GOLTV that they would show Hamnburg vs. Hertha, I could not beleive it, but I checked out the website and it is true:

http://www.goltv.tv/en_index.php (Check the far left, schedule (Sat.)

It is a German League Cup I think. Anyone know if this means they will also show the German League in general.

Well, let us keep this thread so we can inform each other on when there will be a good game to watch on GOLTV, or FSE, or FSC, or for those lucky enough to have ESPN Deportes ;)

Again I'll start it off:

GOLTV
    Saturday 29
    09.30 am -Hamburgo x Hertha Berlin
    12.15 pm - Schalke 04 x Bayer Lev

2. KesOne

KesOne BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 11, 2005
    Nueva Jersey
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    Thank you jeezus!

[​IMG]

3. KesOne

Mar 11, 2005
    Nueva Jersey
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
  4. KesOne

Mar 11, 2005
    Nueva Jersey
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    :rolleyes: I dont see no other German games scheduled there.

Any news on PSV games on ESPN Deportes?

5. FARFAN 17

FARFAN 17 Member

Jan 29, 2005
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    I actually heard that ESPN Deportes no longers shows Dutch games :( and Setanta on DirecTV owns those rights. Lets hope it ain't true

6. KesOne

Mar 11, 2005
    Nueva Jersey
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    I think its true. Have you checked the ESPN Deportes guide? I forgot the link.

7. Visca...

Visca... Member

Sep 13, 2004
    ATL
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    Setanta Sports got the TV rights for the Dutch Eredivisie.

GOLtv looks set to have the Bundesliga as Setanta dropped from contract talks. Setanta had it last year. If Setanta gets back and renews (very slim) though, GOLtv would act as this season's FSC in Bundesliga coverage. 2nd choice match which would pretty much mean no Bayern Munich and the rest of the big teams on GOLtv. :( :mad:

https://www.bigsoccer.com/forum/showpost.php?p=9160722&postcount=186

Good thread that one.

8. KesOne

Mar 11, 2005
    Nueva Jersey
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    Looks like we'll be seeing alot of Guerrero :confused:

9. Visca...

Visca... Member

Sep 13, 2004
    ATL
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    That's only if Setanta gets back in on the deal again.

Looks like they won't though, which means GOLtv will own all the rights to all the games. No 2nd choice crap.

10. FARFAN 17

FARFAN 17 Member

Jan 29, 2005
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    I don't get this.....

What are you saying, that GOlTV won't show any big name team like Bayern? If Setanta does not have Bundesliga, than who will show big name teams?

Anyone know what is ESPN Deportes main Futbol League now, that they do not have Eredivisie?

Okay never mind I think I got now, but anyone have an answer to my last Question?

11. Visca...

Visca... Member

Sep 13, 2004
    ATL
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    IF (big if) Setanta does renew their Bundesliga rights, then Setanta will get 1st choice match. They would choose 1st (they'd always choose Bayern Munich and big teams like Bremen, Schalke and now Hamburg) and then give GOLtv to choose from the rest of games.

GOLtv would play FSC's role from last year. FSC got the 2nd choice game, while Setanta got the 1st choice game (Bayern, Schalke). As we know, FSC never showed Bayern Munich games (maybe in the last dying games at the end of the season) because Setanta always had first choice.

But from the comment I quoted from that other thread, it seems that Setanta has dropped from contract talks and GOLtv looks set to have all the rights, hence all the games. If Setanta gets a cut, then look for GOLtv to get the 2nd choice match. No Bayern Munich (Pizarro) and maybe no Hamburg (Guerrero) as Hamburg is considered a contender due to last season's performance.

I'd say GOLtv gets the whole package.
    Mexican League :eek: :mad:
    Poor us :D

Champions League is ESPN Deportes' main attraction. I wonder if Holland NT games stay on ESPN Deportes or they went with the league TV rights deal to Setanta. That was great. All of Holland's games were live on Deportes whether it was qualifying or friendly. Gonna miss that.

Also La Liga's TV rights haven't been confirmed. GOLtv expects to have it back next season, but looks like ESPN is making a push to get them back.

https://www.bigsoccer.com/forum/showpost.php?p=9161597&postcount=189

12. FARFAN 17

FARFAN 17 Member

Jan 29, 2005
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    Is N. America the only place in the world where ESPN doesn't have rights to all major futbol leagues?

Because whenever they show highlites of any game on let's say any noticiero, it is alwways has the ESPN logo on top. And when I used to watch that CCTV-5 on Streams, alot of the games where all from ESPN.

I want ESPN to dish out the major $$$$ and just kill FSC and Setanta with their wallets, and get the rights here in the US.

Right now it seems this is the order of value when it comes to programming:

1. GolTV
    2.Setanta
    3.FSE
    4.FSC
    5.ESPN Deportes

or that is atleast my conception of things.

13. Visca...

Visca... Member

Sep 13, 2004
    ATL
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    yeah pretty much. ESPN has most of the TV rights in Asia for the major Euro leagues. They're coverage in Latin America has gotten cut though as GOLtv has gone in the Latin American market and are a contender now to ESPN. ESPN will always have Champions League though.
    I can't see ESPN Deportes give the good coverage that GOLtv gives La Liga. Fuk ESPN really.
    I agree with your list. GOLtv is definitely 1st. They do a great job, great coverage, good commentating crew. The Bundesliga is a great addition to the lineup. They are growing and I don't see them stopping.

Setanta has stepped it up. They're gonna get some EPL now, the dutch league, possibly Holland NT, French Ligue 1 plus what they've always had.

FSE with Libertadores, Sudamericana.

FSC is not america's soccer channel anymore. GOLtv is.

ESPNDeportes has Champions League and that's about it. oh yeah...the mexican league :D. If they get La Liga though, that's a big plus to their depleted lineup.

14. PERU CAMPEON !!

PERU CAMPEON !! Arriba Peru !!

Universitario de deportes
    Peru
    May 9, 2005
    MONUMENTAL
    Club:
    Universitario de Deportes
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    this is all trough dish network right?

what company do guys have ?

If u want dish network, I got some good discounts.

15. locotl

locotl Member+

Mar 28, 2005
    florida
    so what would FSC give us: Argie league @10pm?

16. FARFAN 17

FARFAN 17 Member

Jan 29, 2005
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    Can everyone post on what Satelite/cable service they have, and what package. And of course what Futbol channels they get.

I have Dish, with the Latino dos package I think. I get FSE, FSC, GOLTV and ESPN Deportes (But no ESPN, and ESPN2 :( )

What about you guys? thanks for the info, in the end we are all just trying to get the best out of our dollar

17. PERU CAMPEON !!

Peru
    May 9, 2005
    MONUMENTAL
    Club:
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    I HAVE THE SAME AS U.
    I know here in California Direct tv offers goltv, FSE, FSC, TYC sports, Sur Peru and now the setanta sports

18. Martín1186

Martín1186 New Member

Feb 16, 2006
    NYC
    I have Time Warner Cable. Standard, Premium, DTV w/ Español Packages and the MLS Package :rolleyes:. The futbol channels I get are ESPN, ESPN2, FSC, FSE, RAI, DEUTSCHE WELLE, TV 5 MONDE, and MLS Direct Kick:rolleyes:. Oh and some channel called WRNN but that channel only showed a couple of Bundesliga matches and Scottish games. Hasn't shown futbol in months so I wouldn't consider it a futbol channel.
    I also have Dish Network with Dish Latino Package. I get ESPN Deportes, Go, TV and FSE. TV Chile and Canal 1 show Chile NT games and Ecuadorian League games, respectively.

I think ESPN Deportes won't have the Dutch League anymore, and that was the only reason why we got Dish :( . So I think I'll switch to Direct TV because they have Setanta, TYC Sports and Sur Peru:D. Not to mention, Gol TV and FSE.

19. FARFAN 17

FARFAN 17 Member

Jan 29, 2005
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    Damn you are all set. I think I'll swith to DirecTV soon, since they Have Eredivisie on SETANTA

20. PERU CAMPEON !!

Peru
    May 9, 2005
    MONUMENTAL
    Club:
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    thats true guys :mad:

21. KesOne

Mar 11, 2005
    Nueva Jersey
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    WTF, no more PSV on Espn Deportes. Is this for sure. Oh man this sucks.

22. KesOne

Mar 11, 2005
    Nueva Jersey
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
  23. FARFAN 17

FARFAN 17 Member

Jan 29, 2005
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    I don't think Paolo will play 2day, and Pizza might miss his game too :(

24. KesOne

Mar 11, 2005
    Nueva Jersey
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    LOL, this freakin sucks. So far tv rights are not working out in our favor.

25. Visca...

Visca... Member

Sep 13, 2004
    ATL
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    jaja :D

they truly suck, don't they?