FUTBOL FROM ECUADOR

Discussion in 'CONMEBOL' started by anderson, Sep 19, 2002.

1. anderson

anderson Member+

Feb 28, 2002
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Estadio Monumental - Guayaquil

On Wed's FSWE broadcast of the Copa Sudamericana game between Barcelona and Alianza Lima held at the Monumental in Guayaquil the announcer said something about the stadium having suites like a hotel - rooms along one side of the stadium in which you could spend the night. Sounds fascinating. ;)

Has anyone ever been there?

2. NACIONAL

NACIONAL New Member

Dec 31, 2001
    Medellin, Colombia
    no... but the thing is not new.... but i thought that the barcelona's stadium didn't have that

3. biosoccer

biosoccer New Member

Yes, I've been there, it's quite nice. But I think the way you are picturing it is quite exaggerated. Is a MILLION times better to watch a game in a suite than in any other place of a stadium, though I've never seen a bed in one of those :D.
    The one I went to (which was from Barcelona's vice-president -friend of my dad's) had couches, a fridge, telephone and "room" service.

4. NACIONAL

NACIONAL New Member

Dec 31, 2001
    Medellin, Colombia
    really????

5. biosoccer

biosoccer New Member

Are you kidding me????
    Do you know the climate in Guayaquil???
    A nice air conditioned place is always welcomed when you have sit for almost 2 hours in the early afternoon!!!!!

6. NACIONAL

NACIONAL New Member

Dec 31, 2001
    Medellin, Colombia
    anout 45º degrees celcius or what... please explain

7. Deleted USer

Deleted USer Member+

Jan 7, 2001
    I hear you.

I would much rather sit in the AC.

I can somewhat relate to this.

I for one did not want Enron Stadium (houston)to get built. I loved the astrodome. They build a dome 30+ years ago to keep its fans away from the heat, humidity, and mosquitos.... and then they build this retractable roof stadium in 2000. Did we get dumber?

The seats are alot better in the dome. Its cooler (temperature wise).

I have been to enron many times. Not every seat int he house is a good seat. When they close the roof, the humidity inside the stadium stays. They crank up the AC, but it seems that that the hot air is circulating in the stadium.

8. sidspaceman

sidspaceman Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 20, 2002
    AMÉRICA DE CALI
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I thought the Astrodome was a dump. Last time I went to the dome was the divisional playoffs versus the Pads in 98. The chair in front of me smelled like ass and the place was really run down.

9. Deleted USer

Deleted USer Member+

Jan 7, 2001
    You need to wash your upper lip...:d jk

No, the astrodome was cool.

Granted wre dont have a ruffles or a chivas regal bar or a swimming pool.... but it was nice, cozy, and comfy

10. sidspaceman

sidspaceman Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 20, 2002
    AMÉRICA DE CALI
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I guess to each his own

11. biosoccer

biosoccer New Member

mean temp.=40°C
    Humidity= 99% (at least it feels like that!)

12. NACIONAL

NACIONAL New Member

Dec 31, 2001
    Medellin, Colombia
    i think that it is a little hot....

13. Martin Cutler

Martin Cutler New Member

Sep 30, 2002
    San Diego
    Guayaquil is hot and humid but not that hot and humid on normal! Today for example the temperature is 29 C (84 F) and the humidity is 62%. Yes from November -May the temperature will be slightly higher and the humidity higher but it isn't that bad. Guayaquil's weather is comparable to New Orleans or Miami.

14. NACIONAL

NACIONAL New Member

Dec 31, 2001
    Medellin, Colombia
    and you are proud of that?????.... I've heard things about melting stuff out there.....

15. Martin Cutler

Martin Cutler New Member

Sep 30, 2002
    San Diego

LOL, all I was trying to say is the temperature doesn't average 40 C as someone else pointed out. It gets warm in Guayaquil but not that warm! Right now in fact it is quite pleasant there.

Anyway I'm new to these boards and looking forward to discussing South American soccer with everyone.

16. sidspaceman

sidspaceman Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 20, 2002
    AMÉRICA DE CALI
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Welcome to Bigsoccer Martin. I think you will find the Sudamerica forum full of intreasting people. Best thing is beside the occasional visit by Juan Luisa Guerra and his sock puppets there are no trolls here.

17. El_Maestro

El_Maestro Member

Jun 5, 2002
    Planet Earth
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    About el Monumental de Guayaquil, I'm from that city and a huge Barcelona fan, although I live in the States now, in the DC area (what's the deal with that frigging sniper).

I may be biased, but I think it's the finest piece of sports real state around, I mean, the building is just beautiful and you can enjoy the game from anywhere in the stadium, and the fact that you can buy either a suite or single seats for life is a plus.

I used to own two lifetime single seats as well as four seats in a suite. Besides the suites themselves, you have between 9 and 12 seats outside, in a balcony.

My suite had the basic stuff: AC, couch, chairs, minibar, bathroom, and of course a tv with closed circuit, great for replays.

But of course there were the ultra luxury suites, some of them were three in one, they were this huge things, basically small apartments.

Even though I never heard about people actually having beds there, I knew of a guy that used it as his loveshack.

[​IMG]

18. condor11

condor11 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 2, 2002
    New Zealand
    universitario of peru
    also has a very modern stadium

to bad their team is crap

19. adila4

adila4 New Member

Aug 8, 2002
    new york
    ive been there before my cousins father live in ecuador and owns a suite at that stadium its a very nice place to watch a game its WAY better then the other teams stadium in guayaquil which is emelec

20. biosoccer

biosoccer New Member

Well, just what I said about the stadium.
    And about the climate, Guayaquil is much warmer than Miami (I mean in winter time Miami can get really cold, Guayaquil will never). I was born and raised in Guayaquil until I was 7 and spent my life in Ecuador up to my 18's so I know what I'm talking about.

21. Martin Cutler

Martin Cutler New Member

Sep 30, 2002
    San Diego
    Miami cold??? OK, i'm not going to keep debating this issue biosoccer but for those who know US cities' climate and want a comparison with Guayaquil's, New Orleans and Miami are fairly close to Guayaquil climate wise.

Speaking of nice stadiums in South America, I also like the Estadio Monumental in Lima. Like Guayaquil's stadium, it is one of the nicest in South America.

22. biosoccer

biosoccer New Member

On December... yes. In Guayaquil... never.

Just compare the latitudes and it will sound reasonable. (I've been at least 5 times to Miami and lived 7 years in Guayaquil).

23. efernandez9

efernandez9 Member

Jun 6, 1999
    Joe Pool Lake
    new coach for quito

El técnico colombiano Luis Augusto "Chiqui" García es desde hoy el nuevo director técnico del club ecuatoriano Deportivo Quito, tras la renuncia del argentino Pedro Marchetta, indicaron fuentes del equipo.

Con la contratación del "Chiqui" García el Deportivo Quito volverá a tener director técnico tras la renuncia de Marchetta el martes pasado y una serie de conflictos internos que desembocaron en la renuncia de los principales directivos del club, entre ellos su presidente, Francisco Chiriboga.

24. sidspaceman

sidspaceman Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 20, 2002
    AMÉRICA DE CALI
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Luis García continuará en el Quito si clasifica a la Libertadores

El presidente de la Comisión de Fútbol del Deportivo Quito, Fernando Herrera, aseguró que el contrato que se firmó, hasta el próximo 31 de diciembre, con el técnico colombiano Luis Augusto García se renovará automáticamente si el equipo se clasifica para la Copa Libertadores de América.

http://www.colombia.com/futbol/noticias/DetalleNoticia14080.asp

25. Martin Cutler

Martin Cutler New Member

Sep 30, 2002
    San Diego
    OK I guess this has become the thread for Ecuadoran soccer. I will be interested to see how Garcia does with Deportivo Quito. I think they have a pretty talented roster but with their internal turmoil who knows how "Los Chullas" will react. Still a team with players like Sandro Borja, Segundo Castillo, the Guerron brothers, Marlon Ayovi, Hector Carabali and Edison Mendez has to be a contender for one of the Copa Libertadores spots.