Futbol En Vivo Thread

Discussion in 'Austin Aztex' started by TexasBarcaFan, Oct 25, 2010.

1. TexasBarcaFan

TexasBarcaFan Member

Aug 31, 2007
    Austin, TX
    Hey everyone... Ives Galarcep from Soccer By Ives will be our guest today on Futbol En Vivo.

2. TexasBarcaFan

TexasBarcaFan Member

Aug 31, 2007
    Austin, TX
    Fun show today.

Jens Busch of Austin Blues and Manchester United Superfan Lanny Short will be in to preview Sunday's Man Utd-Chelsea.

If we're lucky, they'll get into a fight and brawl in the studio.

Also... there are whispers of a David Alvarez appearance. Tune in!

3. TexasBarcaFan

TexasBarcaFan Member

Aug 31, 2007
    Austin, TX
    Hey everyone.

Working on getting some good guests for Futbol En Vivo in the upcoming weeks.

Trying to line up some US national team guys and would appreciate some feedback from everyone.

Would Mix Diskerud be someone y'all wanna hear? Maybe Alejandro Bedoya? Clay Goodson?

Who are some people Austin soccer fans wanna hear?

4. TwoMeters

TwoMeters Member

Jan 27, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Club:
    Austin Aztex
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Clarence Goodson would be good. Kenny Cooper would be another good one. And possibly Diego Maradona, to focus on his plans for the future at Blackburn Rovers.

5. TexasBarcaFan

TexasBarcaFan Member

Aug 31, 2007
    Austin, TX
    Just confirmed.

Tuesday's guest on Futbol En Vivo. The newest addition to the Houston Dynamo, right back Hunter Freeman!

6. TexasBarcaFan

TexasBarcaFan Member

Aug 31, 2007
    Austin, TX
    Schedule change:

Tuesday we will have Miguel Gallardo.

December 28: Hunter Freeman

January 4: Jeremy St. Louis of the Fox Soccer Report

7. mgrayscale

mgrayscale Member

Mar 10, 2008
    Buda, TX
    Club:
    Austin Aztex
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm looking forward to hearing from Miguel on Tuesday. He's always been a fan favorite, and as of today, he's still listed as an Orlando City roster player. I hope he talks about how the move has affected him as a player, especially since he's got roots here in Austin.

8. TexasBarcaFan

TexasBarcaFan Member

Aug 31, 2007
    Austin, TX
    Reminder!

Jeremy St. Louis from the Fox Soccer Report will be joining us on Futbol En Vivo tomorrow! Please have a listen! We're excited that he's coming on.

9. FrogHammer

FrogHammer Member

May 26, 2005
    wow, I am bummed I missed it. You get some great guests on the show. Did you ask him if he is still dating Michelle Lissel? I noticed she is back on the show.

10. TexasBarcaFan

TexasBarcaFan Member

Aug 31, 2007
    Austin, TX
    Jeremy is actually married to Terri Leigh who used to be an anchor there.

Pretty sure a podcast will be up on chanticosarmy.com if you wanna listen. Jeremy was terrific.

11. TwoMeters

TwoMeters Member

Jan 27, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Club:
    Austin Aztex
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  12. TwoMeters

TwoMeters Member

Jan 27, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Club:
    Austin Aztex
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Between his time at SMU and the good year at FCD last year, Schellas Hyndman might be another good one.

13. JustinR1015

JustinR1015 Member

Dec 30, 2009
    Austin, TX
    Club:
    Austin Aztex
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I've really been impressed with the guest lineup, particularly of late, but while some suggestions are being made, I wouldn't mind hearing from some local people, like Concordia/St. Eds/UT personalities, or maybe some of the youth club people.

Topics for the college coaches might include: "How do you find players?", "What is your goal for your players? Do many attempt to go pro? Coaching? Simple preparation for the rest of life?". I'm just curious how the game is shaped and operates at the lower levels here before you get to the likes of MLS, the Primera, and Europe.

Thanks, and keep up the good work!

14. TexasBarcaFan

TexasBarcaFan Member

Aug 31, 2007
    Austin, TX
    Good thoughts y'all.

We did have the UT club soccer guys on several months ago but yes, we certainly could benefit from a visit with the St. Ed's and Concordia coaches. I'll make that happen.

Schellas is a good thought. I'll start working on that too. Also trying to land David Ferreira for the Spanish portion of the show.

I also have a message into Grant Wahl. He's a busy dude but we know each other so we'll see.

I've tried contacting LoneStar people but have not had much luck. Perhaps someone could help on that front?

15. FrogHammer

FrogHammer Member

May 26, 2005
    Cool, I will check it out! Keep up the great work. I am pretty sure he used to date Michelle as well. With all due respect to Terri, she was more of a pretty face than a legitimate broadcaster. At least Michelle can read the cards and seems to understand the game.

16. TexasBarcaFan

TexasBarcaFan Member

Aug 31, 2007
    Austin, TX
    None other than Matthew Gray will be joining us on Futbol En Vivo today. Talking Corpus road trip!

17. TexasBarcaFan

TexasBarcaFan Member

Aug 31, 2007
    Austin, TX
    Just wanted to post a quick note here and extend my thanks to everyone who listens and supports the show.

We won a 2010 KOOP Silver Mic Award! 'Best Program For Learning A Foreign Language'!

18. TexasBarcaFan

TexasBarcaFan Member

Aug 31, 2007
    Austin, TX
    Today on Futbol En Vivo: Some local flavor! St. Edward's University men's soccer coach Brian Young. 1-2pm KOOP 91.7 FM. koop.org.

19. TexasBarcaFan

TexasBarcaFan Member

Aug 31, 2007
    Austin, TX
    Very pumped about our next guest on Tuesday January 25th.

Grant Wahl!

20. TexasBarcaFan

TexasBarcaFan Member

Aug 31, 2007
    Austin, TX
    Grant will be joining us at 1:30. Listen in!

Next week, tenatively scheduled to have new AMSA president Matt Prewett.

21. TexasBarcaFan

TexasBarcaFan Member

Aug 31, 2007
    Austin, TX
    Tomorrow on the show: Matt Prewett, new President of AMSA and also coach of UT Men's club team.

Feb. 8th: Hoping for Julie Foudy to talk about sexism in soccer. Backup plan is former USWNT GK Amy Allmann.

Feb. 15th: Shooting for Bobby McMahon from the Fox Soccer Report to discuss upcoming Champions League matches and EPL.

22. TexasBarcaFan

TexasBarcaFan Member

Aug 31, 2007
    Austin, TX
    Bobby has been moved up a week.

Tuesday Feb 8th.

Bobby McMahon of the Fox Soccer Report on Futbol En Vivo. 1:30.

23. TexasBarcaFan

TexasBarcaFan Member

Aug 31, 2007
    Austin, TX
    Just a heads up for everyone that for the next two weeks we will have the KOOP Membership Drive so this is your chnace to chip in a few $$$ and help support KOOP and keep Futbol En Vivo on the radio!

It'll make us look really good if you call during the show with your donations. :)

24. TexasBarcaFan

TexasBarcaFan Member

Aug 31, 2007
    Austin, TX
    Many thanks to Chris Grayson for his donation yesterday during Futbol En Vivo! :)

25. JustinR1015

JustinR1015 Member

Dec 30, 2009
    Austin, TX
    Club:
    Austin Aztex
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Good work Chris!