Futbol En Vivo Thread

Discussion in 'Austin Aztex' started by TexasBarcaFan, Oct 25, 2010.

1. TexasBarcaFan

TexasBarcaFan Member

Aug 31, 2007
    Austin, TX
    Might as well alert everyone that Mgrayscale will be joining me (David is still out) on Futbol En Vivo tomorrow. KOOP Radio 91.7 FM. 1-2pm.

First half hour in Spanish, second half hour in English. Also online at www.koop.org.

Obviously, we will have alot to talk about... and hopefully without obscenities!

2. TexasBarcaFan

TexasBarcaFan Member

Aug 31, 2007
    Austin, TX
    Just a reminder that Futbol En Vivo is today.

English portion from 1:30-2pm with Mgrayscale.

I'm not able to take phone calls but certainly welcome your texts during the show which i'll read out loud.

512-826-2189

3. TexasBarcaFan

TexasBarcaFan Member

Aug 31, 2007
    Austin, TX
    There is a decent chnace that Phil will be joining us on Futbol En Vivo next week. He will be out of town so it would be a phone interview.

Still trying to firm up the details.

4. dspence2311

dspence2311 Member+

Oct 14, 2007
    I don't know whether to listen and hope for some genuine contrition, or to avoid it on the chance that it'll make it tougher to just move on. And what to make of this medium for communicating with Austin fans, given the personal relationships Phil developed with supporters while the team was here? I'll have to process that for a while.

5. VioletCrown

VioletCrown Member+

FC Dallas
    United States
    Aug 30, 2000
    Austin, Texas
    Club:
    Austin Aztex
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Likewise.

At least we'll know about it ahead of time. Unlike any appearance he might happen to make on 1300. This year, I never knew about those ahead of time.

6. duality72

duality72 Member

Jun 3, 2002
    San Francisco, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Expect contrition, feigned or not. This kerfuffle has been bad for business and we know how important that is, right?

7. VioletCrown

VioletCrown Member+

FC Dallas
    United States
    Aug 30, 2000
    Austin, Texas
    Club:
    Austin Aztex
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    True. Makes me even less likely to listen. Sorry, TexasBarcaFan.

8. TexasBarcaFan

TexasBarcaFan Member

Aug 31, 2007
    Austin, TX
    Unfortunately Phil is having to cancel so he will not be joining us on Futbol En Vivo tomorrow. He will be traveling at that time.

Hoping to have someone else from the team on. If not, we'll have former MLS Manager of Communications Stephen Rodriguez.

9. TexasBarcaFan

TexasBarcaFan Member

Aug 31, 2007
    Austin, TX
    Aggghhhh.

So Phil is unable to join us and Stephen Rodriguez is sick. I asked Djorn is he wanted to come on but he has indicated that he'd like to hold off on any media stuff for a while.

Anyhow, will be talking SuperClasico (Boca-River), Champs League and MLS playoffs today.

BTW, we're looking to make phone interviews a bigger part of the show which means I'll be trying to get interviews with players from all over including some national team guys and also respected soccer journalists like Jeff Carlisle (ESPN) and Grant Wahl.

Stay tuned.

10. tallpauluk/usa

tallpauluk/usa New Member

Aug 19, 2010
    Austin TX
    Club:
    Austin Aztex
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You know TexasBarcaFan how about doing a small item oh how there is a ground swell in exploring the idea of getting a new team started by the way of surporters and maybe you could do that in spanish and english.

11. TexasBarcaFan

TexasBarcaFan Member

Aug 31, 2007
    Austin, TX
    Absolutely. In fact on our next show we will be talking about that with our guest Alex Dresser, who did Aztex games for Univision Radio during their first season.

He'll be able to share some insight at the Aztex failure to market to the Hispanic community and speak to what is a remaining interest for pro soccer in Austin.

A bit of his background:

Chief Licensing Officer for the Korea/Japan 2002 World Cup. Responsible for the rights to Mexico, Colombia, Venezuela, Chile, Argentina and Uruguay.

Born and raised in Colombia. Left Colombia in 1969 to try out with Juventus when he turned 16, but was injured and opted to pursue an education and stayed in America since. Played in college for San Jose State University and for one season in a semi-pro league in the San Francisco Bay Area.

12. KillerMoth

KillerMoth Member

May 12, 2008
    South Austin
    Club:
    Austin Aztex
    Impressive background. If he was interested in participating, he'd probably be a huge help.

13. KillerMoth

KillerMoth Member

May 12, 2008
    South Austin
    Club:
    Austin Aztex
    I wasn't able to catch this, as I was at work when this aired.

If anyone could share a synopsis, I'd appreciate it!

14. JustinR1015

JustinR1015 Member

Dec 30, 2009
    Austin, TX
    Club:
    Austin Aztex
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  15. TexasBarcaFan

TexasBarcaFan Member

Aug 31, 2007
    Austin, TX
    Alex will be on the show tomorrow.

Next Tuesday the 16th we are tentatively scheduled to be joined by Jeff Carlisle of ESPN Soccernet.

16. HinchaAztex

HinchaAztex Member

Apr 26, 2009
    Austin
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    You should ask Sergio Tristan of Goal.com to join you.... That guy knows about soccer.

Sergio

17. TexasBarcaFan

TexasBarcaFan Member

Aug 31, 2007
    Austin, TX
    Reminder!

Jeff Carlisle from ESPN SoccerNet will be our guest tomorrow.

1-2pm. 91.7 FM. KOOP Radio

18. TexasBarcaFan

TexasBarcaFan Member

Aug 31, 2007
    Austin, TX
    I hope everyone enjoyed the show today, especially listening to Jeff. thought he did great!

19. mgrayscale

mgrayscale Member

Mar 10, 2008
    Buda, TX
    Club:
    Austin Aztex
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I listened to the show this morning while at the gym, and thought it was a really good show. Great thoughts on what Jeff expects from this weekends MLS Cup.

Thanks also for the shout out on our December 4th meeting!!

20. TexasBarcaFan

TexasBarcaFan Member

Aug 31, 2007
    Austin, TX
    We will definitely continue to remind folks of the December 4th meeting.

Gearing up for El Clasico now. Hoping to have GolTV's Phil Schoen on to preview that for us.

21. TexasBarcaFan

TexasBarcaFan Member

Aug 31, 2007
    Austin, TX
    Woo hoo!

Heard back from Phil and he is good to go for Tuesday.

Very cool. The voice of the Clasico will be on Futbol En Vivo!

22. TexasBarcaFan

TexasBarcaFan Member

Aug 31, 2007
    Austin, TX
    Reminder that Phil Schoen of GolTV will be joining us tomorrow on Futbol En Vivo.

Upcoming guests also include Ramiro Aldunate of Marca (huge Spanish soccer daily), Ives Galarcep and Honefoss BK (Norway) goalkeeper Steve Clark in studio.

23. JustinR1015

JustinR1015 Member

Dec 30, 2009
    Austin, TX
    Club:
    Austin Aztex
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wow. That's some pretty good guests. Keep up the good work!

24. TexasBarcaFan

TexasBarcaFan Member

Aug 31, 2007
    Austin, TX
    Unfortunately Ramiro Aldunate from Marca had to cancel but never fear, we have another futbol expert who will join us tomorrow... none other than Adrian Heath!!

We will be talking about Barca's devastating win in El Clasico and will hit on some Aztex/Orlando City SC stuff.

25. mgrayscale

mgrayscale Member

Mar 10, 2008
    Buda, TX
    Club:
    Austin Aztex
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Great catch! We'll be sure to record and post the podcast tonight.