Futbol de HONDURAS, news & comments- part III

Discussion in 'Central America' started by jcvf90, Jul 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    CONVOCATORIA DE RUEDA
    Los futbolistas llamados a la bicolor que militan en nuestro fútbol, viajarán este lunes 11 a Guatemala, donde permanecerán hasta el 19. Ese día partirán a México.
    Porteros (3): Noel Valladares (Olimpia), John Bodden (Victoria), y Víctor Coello (Marathón).
    Defensas (6): Víctor Bernárdez (Motagua / a prueba en el Birmingham), Osman Chávez (Platense), Boniek García (Olimpia), Emilio Izaguirre (Motagua/ a prueba en el Ipswich Town), Maynor Figueroa (Wigan), Sergio Mendoza (Olimpia).
    Volantes (7): Edgard Álvarez (Roma), Miguel Castillo (Motagua), Julio César "Rambo" León (Parma), Iván Guerrero (DC United), Amado Guevara (Toronto FC), Wilson Palacios (Wigan), Danilo Turcios (Olimpia).
    Delanteros (4): Carlo Costly (GKS Belchatow), Saúl Martínez (Marathón), Milton "Tyson" Núñez (Marathón), David Suazo (Inter).

big names missing...Hendry,Emil,Caballero,Pipo Castro,El Bombero,Mejia,Leveron, and Nunez

but now Im starting to warm up to the squad, but i think there are some names that should be there over others.

2. Vamos Ticos

Vamos Ticos Member

Jul 18, 2006
    I think you guys have the same exact problem as us. We have a lot of players playing abroad...and their clubs probably don't want to lend them all. So you guys had to call up the important ones like Suazo, Rambo, and Palacios. You guys are also in the Olympics right now so players like Thomas, Nunez, Caballero, ect...won't be able to show up. I remember when we played you guys last qualifiers we were missing players because of the Olympics too.

Do any of you guys know if Mexico will be missing some of their European based players too? Maybe that's why they called up the South Americans Leandro and Vuoso. Hope you guys can get a good result (at least a tie) :cool:.

3. Azuran

Azuran Member

Nov 15, 2006
    Toronto, ON
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Milton Nunez? Hahaha, what a joke. So, what's wrong with Walter Ramirez?

Anyways, I bet even Rueda knows this game is a lost cause.

4. jcvf90

jcvf90 Member

Dec 12, 2006
    Boca Raton, FL
    horrible milton and saul martinez, horrible wat happened with el pery, or el bombero or mitchell or even lalin.

5. Moises

Moises Member

Feb 8, 2007
    miami
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    did any one watch the superliga wedsday night?? castro couldnt of been more fantastic.

also how did honduras do against italy? even though we lost how were we?

6. angelsfan

angelsfan Member+

Jun 4, 2008
    So Cal

No were goin all out here

Marquez,Pardo,Guardado,Vela,Gio,Salcido,Maza rodriguez,Nery,Galindo,etc..............

7. soccer krazy

soccer krazy Member

Nov 30, 2005
    California
    Yeah there are some good players missing i will definitely agree, but i still believe that Honduras has a good enough squad to at least manage a tie especially since its eriksson's first game

8. jonny63

jonny63 Member+

Feb 17, 2005
    Norway
    Boss Jim Magilton has decided not to offer a contract to Honduran international trialist Emilio Izaguirre. The 22-year-old has been with the Blues for the last three weeks.

Magilton told the club site: "I don't think we are going to take it any further. We have had a look at him over the last 10 days and I don't think it's going to happen."

Reports in Honduras last weekend claimed Izaguirre would be offered a deal, however, Magilton was keen to see the Montagua man in action in a game situation before making his final decision.

9. catracho19

catracho19 New Member

Apr 21, 2008
    Walter Martinez has a shoulder injury and he is out for 10 weeks. Rueda probably called up Tyson, Saul Martinez and Coello because they are fast and that is our best tactic against Mexico. I would have liked to see Marvin Chavez from Marathon be on the list but he wouldn't be able to play with players like Palacios, Amado, Dani Turcios and Rambo on the field. Also, we didn't call up Carlos Will Mejia because he is more of a tactical player and he doesn't fit the scheme in our lineup. We need players like Edgard Alvarez (good choice), David Suazo, and Carlo Costly that can play the counter attack and get past Mexico's slow defenders. Trust in Rueda, he has always been a great coach and we have gone 8 matches undefeated. That just shows that he probably knows better than any of us.

10. jcvf90

jcvf90 Member

Dec 12, 2006
    Boca Raton, FL
    Ur right we over reacted, i will trust Rueda he has shown to have great tactical knowledge and if he feels those are the players he need well then i got his back. For one Saul is not a bad call up if ut hink about b/c he has experience against big teams (Brazil) mayb he has something in him.

11. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    I think Rueda's method will be, like Ivory Coast's olympic one...and that is to out run your ass off. i think we play D and then when we get the ball we fly in a counter attack with Edgard and Suazo, also i think Pipo wouldnt be able to keep up with Guardado i think thats why Edgard is there, and Saul has looked good so far for Marathon. im still looking for a Maynor Suazo call up :D
    lol

12. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    i think with this call up...about 5-6 maybe 7 of them can run endlessly and at full pace. we should be able to handle mexico wih our pace, hense the players he called up. i like it.

now...whats weary is whats the starting 11.

13. jcvf90

jcvf90 Member

Dec 12, 2006
    Boca Raton, FL
    ___________Noel
    Boniek--Osman--Muma--Maynor
    Edgar--Wilson---Amado--Rambo
    ______ Costly----David

Rambo and Egar will run and get overlaped by maynor and bonieksoo we will take advantage of the speed, Amado and wilson will prbably play a more defensive role holding up balls coming throug the middle, and in offense mostly feeding balls to the flank or mayb a few through balls to david. Muma and Osman are good in the back because they kno each other. If emil were here i would have played him in maynor's spot and maynor in muma's spot.

14. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    we will miss Emil creative dribbling side.

15. catracho19

catracho19 New Member

Apr 21, 2008
    Pretty good lineup. I would chose between that one or this one:

___________Noel
    Boniek--Muma--Maynor--Izaguirre
    Edgar--Wilson---Amado--Rambo
    ______ Costly----David

I don't know if Osman is ready to take on Vela... I like Maynor Figueroa on the left side though. It's a tough call.. Maybe he should play center where he has more expirience. Hopefully, Victor Bernardez becomes the next Samuel Caballero and can kiss Cuauhtemoc for all of Honduras. Then we don't have to worry about who we put in the middle haha..

16. BigSoccer Bot

BigSoccer Bot I am not real.

Feb 25, 2005
    News: El campeón y el invitado

En Sarandí, Arsenal, vigente campeón, debutará hoy ante el CD Motagua, de Honduras. Comenzará a las 21.30.

More...

17. Azuran

Azuran Member

Nov 15, 2006
    Toronto, ON
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    And Motagua embarrasses Honduras in the Sudamericana.

Good job. We all know is a hard fact that Papa Olimpia is the only one who can do things in that country.

18. La-H

La-H Member

Aug 2, 2007
    Northeast
    Low blow..."llena del arbol caido", no?

The team that Motagua sent out there did not play a bad first half, in fact, the 4-0 is misleading (the Argentinean commentators agreed). It was a decent first half and a meltdown in the latter stages of the second where Motagua was trying to play offensively and left gaps in the back(included one completely bogus penalty.

Moreover, and most importantly, you and I both know that this team is missing at least 5-6 high caliber players whom were quite responsible for Motagua's success.

Guevara, Bernardez, Chaves, Izaguirre, (all nat. team), "El Wicho" (can't think of name) Rodas, etc.!

19. jcvf90

jcvf90 Member

Dec 12, 2006
    Boca Raton, FL
    LA-H u said it, that is it, we were missing player and in the 2nd half when we were trying to catchup b/c of a bad pk call, we left open space because our best defenders arent here. I am not saying am happy just that the 4-0 was misleading.

20. Moises

Moises Member

Feb 8, 2007
    miami
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    motagua played abit crappy though there first 25mins. like when they ripped the other arsenal players shirt that was pretty sad in motaguas player part.

21. el_webo_mas_wevon

Aug 22, 2007

Hey donde esta tu sig??

22. La-H

La-H Member

Aug 2, 2007
    Northeast
    See below....I have had it up since I owned up to my wager.

23. el_webo_mas_wevon

Aug 22, 2007

Gracias por respetar tu palabra amigo.

Nos vemos en Honduras el proximo partido, tambien felicitarlos por un buen partido!

Los aficinados Hondureños fueron muy respetuosos y no hicieron problemas.

Bueno, suerte contra Canada!

24. rceveda

rceveda New Member

Mar 7, 2008
    Durham, NC
    Club:
    CD Olimpia
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    TE JODIERON VA LOKO? YO PEDI QUE NO ME PUSIERAN LA BANDERA DE MEXICO, ES TODO...

25. Azuran

Azuran Member

Nov 15, 2006
    Toronto, ON
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Why are you guys making pointless bets n the first place?