Futbol de HONDURAS, news & comments- part II

Discussion in 'Central America' started by Katie!, Feb 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. safcfan

safcfan Member

Feb 28, 2003
    USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    2-2 score is just so far. Honduras is not dominating the game, neither is PR. Honduras insists on sending long balls into the box without any real purpose. really bad showing. PR simply waits for Honduras to turn the ball over.

2. R9Kevinr9

R9Kevinr9 Member+

Feb 2, 2007
    ATX
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    Puerto Rico 2 Honduras 2??!??!?!??!?! ARe you serious? Honduras must be taking it easy.

3. safcfan

safcfan Member

Feb 28, 2003
    USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    2-2 game almost over. full team for Honduras. They are playing bad, even if they were 'taking it easy' they should at least dominate possession. Towards the end they have most possession due to PR fatigue, but for about 60-70 minutes it was 50-50, it seemed to me.

4. R9Kevinr9

R9Kevinr9 Member+

Feb 2, 2007
    ATX
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    WOoooooo, what's up with everyone lately!? No need to panic though Honduras doesn't mind the draw, they will come back stronger i think.

5. Azuran

Azuran Member

Nov 15, 2006
    Toronto, ON
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Horrible, horrible game. Hopefully they learned something out of this.

6. safcfan

safcfan Member

Feb 28, 2003
    USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    no panicking. not sure why you thought that...if a team is not playing well why should it not be pointed out?

you can expect anyone to be satisfied with a draw against PR. At least, you shouldn't be if you have ambitions to qualify. Yes, Honduras have plenty of time to sort out the problems. But they must recognize that problems do exist...complacency never gets a team very far, does it?

Towards the end Honduras began to dominate, PR ran out of energy. PR goalie is decent.

2-2 final score. (Palacios and Suazo scored for Honduras).

7. jcvf90

jcvf90 Member

Dec 12, 2006
    Boca Raton, FL
    embarassing just embarassing.

8. Azuran

Azuran Member

Nov 15, 2006
    Toronto, ON
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Today's backline was a joke. They better work on that part or well get thrashed by Mexico for sure.

9. rceveda

rceveda New Member

Mar 7, 2008
    Durham, NC
    Club:
    CD Olimpia
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    We never ever, ever,EVER learn anything!!!

I believe we have the best talent but the least intelligence on the turf.

10. 703catracho

703catracho New Member

Mar 27, 2008
    this always f****** happens, we get too confident because we think its a small team and we end up getting surprised, thats what happened against guadalupe in gold cup.F*&#

11. Zimbabwe_National

Zimbabwe_National New Member

Jan 15, 2007
    Harare, Zimbabwe
    well know Honduras can concentrate on the mexico - belize game, maybe an upset who knows... and cheer on some of the honduran born belizeans.

12. Ronaldinho11

Ronaldinho11 Red Card

Jul 28, 2003
    San Pedro Sula
    Club:
    CD Olimpia
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    A sad showing from Honduras last night.. I like it though now they get their feet back on the ground and work on the problems and not just walk around with their heads up high thinking they are the best

13. jcvf90

jcvf90 Member

Dec 12, 2006
    Boca Raton, FL
    Ronnie11 is right at least it happened early not like in 2001 against T&T when the next and last game was at the azteca for all the marbles.

14. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    we have what roughly 2 months?? I feel we're the better team, we can take on mexico.

15. rceveda

rceveda New Member

Mar 7, 2008
    Durham, NC
    Club:
    CD Olimpia
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    welcome to the forum catracho azul

16. ottoevans

ottoevans Member

Apr 7, 2007
    im glad this happens so Rueda has a reason to ride the team, and get them focus against Mexico.

ps. we have a friendly against Antigua Hollandes

17. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    lol thank you

18. jcvf90

jcvf90 Member

Dec 12, 2006
    Boca Raton, FL
    welcom catracho azul, and btw great to have another aguila azul in the house. Viva el Ciclon Azul!!!!
    Viva Honduras!!!!

19. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras

VUELAN LOS AGUILAS PARA SIEMPRE!!!!!!:cool:

20. hereje

hereje New Member

Mar 15, 2007
    houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    i couldn't see the game over the weekend but i just saw the goals yesterday and let me tell you, that second goal was beautiful, what a play from our wigan boy then that superb pass from suazo then that great great definition, i mean great goal i loved it, wish i had seen the game.

21. Chelelobo

Chelelobo Member

Jun 18, 2008
    Honduran back four.

I've been an avid HON National team fan for a long time now and think that the current squad has the talent to make a run for it. My only concern is the defense. Can anyone think of someone Rueda hasn't given an opportunity to that would help solidify our back line? Would you move Alvarez back?

22. jcvf90

jcvf90 Member

Dec 12, 2006
    Boca Raton, FL
    Re: Honduran back four.

The problem is that the defenders we have are by consensus, i dare to say the best, there is lack IQ in the defenders because they are physically able. but mentally weak.

23. rceveda

rceveda New Member

Mar 7, 2008
    Durham, NC
    Club:
    CD Olimpia
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    Lets stick with what we know works... lets bring Caballero back, and in the attack lets bring Pavon.

24. jcvf90

jcvf90 Member

Dec 12, 2006
    Boca Raton, FL
    No pavon.

No Sammy.

We need players who can run, did u see pavon with real espana this season he didnt do ****.

If we want us to have a future we need our young players to get the time, look at CR right now they keep on playing those old players and that has not worked, we need players who play at the top level, no one mentions a diamond midfield with palacios up top in the mid below him Maynor Suazo or Hendry Thomas that will help out the defense they are both the kind of players who are big and intimidating, they absorb ball in the middle, you might as well call them the Dark Holes, also up front Costly with suazo doesnt work. We could go like this as well

Suazo
    Rambo-------------Guevara---------Palacios
    Hendry--------------M.Suazo
    thats up front the defense will have to stay the way it was until the season in honduras starts and we can look at something better, also if the two UDinese defenders play and do well, we might as well give them some playing time with the NT.

thats my two cents.

25. Chelelobo

Chelelobo Member

Jun 18, 2008
    I think a huge problem with the back four....is their inablility to play SMART balls out of the back. We have size, strength, speed and agility(which is great) but lack composure and seem to rely on long clearing balls way too much..... this is why I think we struggle against "weaker" teams who play the long ball. Our defenders aren't yet able to turn the ball away from goal and find an open mid ,forward or even another defender consistently. we panic and clear or we panic and give the ball up with nervous passing. If we become a team with a composed back line...we qualify for South Africa.