From the mouths of babes and sundry other juveniles

Discussion in 'Parenting & Family' started by bungadiri, Feb 1, 2007.

1. bungadiri

bungadiri Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 25, 2002
    Acnestia
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    A thank-you note from my 11 year old nephew (picture this in a reasonably legible scrawl, drifting down the page at a left to right angle):

"Dear Uncle David and Aunt Linda,

Thank you for getting me the Risk game for Christmas. I enjoy Risk but I haven't had the chance to play it. This is mainly because of the lack of enthusiasm from those around me. I look forward to playing it though. Well thanks again, hope to see you soon.

Love, Daniel"

[My sister has drawn a line to the "lack of enthusiasm" sentence and added "My bad!"]

2. Twenty26Six

Twenty26Six Feeling Sheepish...

Jan 2, 2004
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm not sure whether this is a good or bad thing. But I played Risk well into my teens and thoroughly enjoyed it. At one venture, my friends and I used to play it while drinking. Which is the bad part b.c we were 16. :eek:

Regardless, fun game. Now I'm off to go try and play it online.

3. Ringo

Ringo Member

Jun 10, 2002
    Rough and Ready
    Club:
    Yeovil Town FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Risk? Geez, aunt and uncle way to cheap on the kid's christmas present!

;)

:D

I know the kid's pain. half of my childhood was spent wandering from mom to dad to brother to sister with a boardgame in hand. more often than not, nobody would play. :(

4. bungadiri

bungadiri Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 25, 2002
    Acnestia
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, but we've got a standard limit of around $50 tops for a present. Actually, the Risk game I got him was some new version that came pretty close to breaking that limit, IIRC.

I'm not blaming my sister much for not playing with him, either. Those Risk games can run on for days.

5. Ringo

Ringo Member

Jun 10, 2002
    Rough and Ready
    Club:
    Yeovil Town FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    well, either way Risk is a badass game so it was worth it.