From Colombia With Love - The James Rodriguez Welcome Thread!

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by babai_here, Jul 22, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. snooop

snooop Member

Apr 26, 2015
    Club:
    Real Madrid
  2. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Yup that team is a mess, still I'd actually get more of a chance to still watch him there than if he goes to the EPL, and especially if he goes to Manure, so for purely selfish reasons alone I hope it is Italy where he ends up

Umar and J-Mezzy repped this.
  3. Froboy69

Froboy69 Member+

Inter Milan
    Colombia
    Mar 25, 2011
    San Diego
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    When Real Madrid win the champions league, I don't he'll mind missing out on one season of not playing in it again after winning a second trophy in a row.

But I rather he not join Inter Milan as the team is not in good condition and I rather he stay in a team that is stable unless with a wonderful coach.

4. Saint Iker

Saint Iker Ronaldo's Right Foot

Dec 5, 2009
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    He'd probably get all the playing time he could ever dream of at Inter but that club aren't winning any major trophies anytime soon. Even if he moves there now, I see him leaving in 2 seasons or so. He's too good for that club and their current trajectory.

5. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
    @J-Mezzy What are the reliable sources from Colombia saying. Inter or United?

6. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Inter, but Colombian media rarely has any connections lol

7. Froboy69

Froboy69 Member+

Inter Milan
    Colombia
    Mar 25, 2011
    San Diego
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    We have a history with that club and Man United isn't exactly mainstream popular when it comes to the best interest to our players.

8. Deep Pal

Deep Pal Member+

Jun 19, 2013
    India,Kolkata
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    India
    James to score UCL WINNER.

Mimadridsta and J-Mezzy repped this.
  9. Deep Pal

Deep Pal Member+

Jun 19, 2013
    India,Kolkata
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    India
    I doubt Inter , they have offered 42 million, I am sure we will easily get better offers and I hope we do not , so that we can keep him !

10. robnycus

robnycus Member+

Jun 28, 2010
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    I dont think james has any good offeres from top teams. What if he ends up staying again.
    Can the team force him out even if the player does not want to leave to second rate teams?
    His has a contract until 2019 I think.

11. Umar

Umar Member+

Sep 13, 2005
    One step ahead
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Palestine
    If the player has a contract, the player decides if he wants to leave or not. The club can only determine playing time and whether he is in the squad lists, not whether he is employed by the club next year or not. He has a legally binding contract and can't be forced to sign somewhere he doesn't want to go.

If he wants to stay I'd be totally cool with that, but I don't see him getting into the 1st 11, or being a regular substitute. As things stand, I would play Asensio over him every week.

12. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    I hope he goes to Inter. Serie A has been shit for many years now, but I have fond memories watching it when the Juve/Roma, Juve/Milan, Inter/Milan, Roma/Lazio drew interest from people outside of Italy. I want to see more quality players go there.

Digital, Doni and natenate101 repped this.
  13. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    He had his moment when he scored against Farza, but then freaking Messi had to ruin it lol

14. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    Not if they are cheap and think we should sell for 42ME.

That's a pathetic offer.

J-Mezzy and 9Qui repped this.
  15. Froboy69

Froboy69 Member+

Inter Milan
    Colombia
    Mar 25, 2011
    San Diego
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

Well you don't play him often anymore hence it's kinda hard to convince a team on a budget that you hold him at that high of a value. It did go down when he lost a lot of minutes from this and last season.

16. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
    Its not like he got 500mins this season. He's played a fair bit and more importantly he's played well every time. Look at the stats. His value should be high. I'm not saying we should get more than what he paid but taking into account the going rate for players of his level, his age, marketability and obvious talents which he showed this season............. anything below 65-70M is a joke.

Lets say we get low balled all summer. We can just keep him and have an awesome bench again.

17. Froboy69

Froboy69 Member+

Inter Milan
    Colombia
    Mar 25, 2011
    San Diego
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Well someone email me on how it goes; I am going on deployment quite soon and I won't have solid access to the internet.

18. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Not to mention Fiorentina with Batigol and Rui Costa, all good teams and games back in the day

Zidane05 repped this.
  19. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    Oh man, two of my favorites. Rui Costa was such a magician.

raven3k and Digital repped this.
  20. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    Enough of that bullshit. For one he has played a bit, he just doesn't start consistently. Secondly, if they are on a budget and can't afford him let them go find a player more suitable to their situation. Real Madrid isn't a charity for Chinese owned Italian clubs.

If that is the case we might as well keep him.

21. saadomar

saadomar Member+

Real Madrid
    Mar 21, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    James should just move to whichever team gives him the most money and lets him play all day. Since winning Mickey mouse trophies is what he's going for at this point. Heck, he can even pull an Oscar and go to China and roll in the dough. Why try to stay in a team that might actually win the CL or compete for the league?

22. saadomar

saadomar Member+

Real Madrid
    Mar 21, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    And the thing is: Idgaf. We don't have to sell him if we don't want to. He can sit in the bench until his contract runs out, and moan to the media all day.

23. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    I don't know why you would have anger against James. He changed from the whinning and had been very professional. I don't blame him for wanting to play more at all.

J-Mezzy, Mimadridsta, rhexis07 and 2 others repped this.
  24. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
    He doesn't really cry or moan to anyone anymore. I have nothing but good feelings towards him. Good guy. Will be sad to see him leave.

25. saadomar

saadomar Member+

Real Madrid
    Mar 21, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I am not mad at James. I just think it's a mistake to let him go. He's gonna be sensational, I know he will. Think about this, despite his meager minutes, he played exceptionally and scored some phenomenal goals and had many moments where his quality shined through. He even came on in the last clasico for like 10 minutes and almost defined the game with the equalizing goal. The guy is going to be a ballon d'or candidate, he can be the next superstar for this team (because Bale sure as hell won't at the rate he gets injured) and I hate to see a player this talented, this marketable, and this much of a madridista at heart to be sent off when we can use him in the future. What's awesome also is that this guy scores beautifully, I mean golazos after golazos.

Mimadridsta repped this.