From 108th to 73rd, Proving to the World That We Could Do It: The 2011 National Team Thread

Discussion in 'China' started by ntg., Jul 31, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ntg.

ntg. Moderator
    Staff Member

May 9, 2007
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Continued from: https://www.bigsoccer.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1614759

As the old thread bypassed 500 posts, it's time for a new one.

As many of you are aware that the FIFA just finished it's World Cup qualifying draws, China has a long tedious journey to its dream of entering World Cup 2014.

Third Round Qualifying Draw:
    Group A
    China, Jordan, Iraq, Singapore

Upcoming Schedule:
    Friendly
    August 10th: Jamaica (Home) - unconfirmed by CFA.

World Cup 2014 Qualifying - Third Round
    September 2nd: Singapore (Home)
    September 6th: Jordan (Away)
    October 11th: Iraq (Home)
    November 11th: Iraq (Away)
    November 15th: Singapore (Away)
    February 29th (2012): Jordan (Home)

2. ntg.

ntg. Moderator
    Staff Member

May 9, 2007
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Re: From 108th to 73rd, Fighting for the 2014 World Cup: The 2011 National Team Thread [R]

Zhou Botong's discussion, which I agree (especially with China's tendency to 輕敵)

3. ntg.

ntg. Moderator
    Staff Member

May 9, 2007
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Re: From 108th to 73rd, Fighting for the 2014 World Cup: The 2011 National Team Thread [R]

CAMACHO RUMOURED TO REPLACE GAO HONGBO

Chinese media reported that Camacho was seen in Beijing with his lawyer to finalize the documents to become the new Team China coach. It was rumoured that Yu Hongchen, CFA topman, will conduct a personal interview to se if Camacho is the best fit for the job.

4. Zhou Botong

Zhou Botong Member

Oct 15, 2007

What so soon? With hardly time for preparation against very different opponents from the second round. And new coach not even confirmed and has only about a month to get to know the team and conditions in China. Maybe Gao Hongbo will continue for 3rd round and I think he should, provided he has made a firm decision on his first eleven and stopped experimenting.

5. ntg.

ntg. Moderator
    Staff Member

May 9, 2007
    Club:
    Arsenal FC

it was rumoured that the potential new coach will not play his first game in the jamaican friendly, which makes it much difficult for him to prepare if he doesn't arrange a friendly before the crucial qualifiers :rolleyes:

i agree that gao hongbo should stay at least until the third round end.
    or if miracle happens, china wins all first four matches to secure the qualifying, then the new coach could take over and use the remaining two games + friendlies to build up the team.

i actually wish the cfa would gtfo and return the coach-hiring fund back to wanda lol.

6. ruazn2

ruazn2 Member

Jul 25, 2006
    California
    Club:
    Shanghai Shenhua
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    Re: From 108th to 73rd, Proving to the World That We Could Do It: The 2011 National Team Thread [R]

I think China just got an okay draw. Prob third easiest, after group B and D. Each of those group have 2 very obvious weak teams and so it will be easier to get the top 2 places. Group A's teams are all very close in terms of abilities. There doesn't seem to be a clear top 2 teams. It definately won't be easy for China.

7. jonny63

jonny63 Member+

Feb 17, 2005
    Norway
  8. Zhou Botong

Zhou Botong Member

Oct 15, 2007

If China wins all first 4 matches under Gao then he should not be replaced.
    The dilemma now is that CFA has put the cart before the horse creating a situation where engaging a new coach seems ambiguous.

If China does not advance there is no need for a foreign coach now because Asian Cup is 4 years away and World Cup after Brazil is 7 years away. If China advances it means Gao is doing well and it would be really silly to replace him. I wonder if the big boss in CFA realises that.

9. Zhou Botong

Zhou Botong Member

Oct 15, 2007
    Re: From 108th to 73rd, Proving to the World That We Could Do It: The 2011 National Team Thread [R]

Third easiest is also third hardest:D
    Yes definitely not easy but climbing up the ranking has also helped China avoid the big 4 making it much easier at this stage than in the 2010 qualifiers third round. Not the best draw but neither the worst. So China must know how to make use of this opportunity.

10. Zhou Botong

Zhou Botong Member

Oct 15, 2007

Should play friendly against a middle eastern team like Saudi Arabia, Iran or UAE to prepare for Jordan and Iraq and a South East Asian team like Malaysia or Thailand to prepare for Singapore.

11. greenlion

greenlion Member

Apr 22, 2004
    CHINA
    Club:
    Beijing Guoan
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR

Oh yes, the 1980 defets against Singapore, But the match was not considers as a FIFA international as 1980 Oluympic qualifier is organised by IOC? I've only listed FIFA A Matchs,

regards the thread title, I'm just writing a new artical for asianfootballfeast and one of the paragraph is about Team China's succesful improvement on FIFA Ranking, and I am glad to post the paragraph here as a review of team china's performance in recent years

12. chinesefootballfan

Oct 11, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR

I saw the draw and have to admit that it is favorable. The toughest opponent is Iraq. However, top 2 advances right? If that's the case, China should advance.

I have to say, doing well in those friendlies made a huge difference. It put us in Pot A for the draw. Otherwise, we'd have two tough opponents.

Alright China, don't choke. Make it to the final round and impress the fans for a change.

13. ntg.

ntg. Moderator
    Staff Member

May 9, 2007
    Club:
    Arsenal FC

CFA is known for changing friendlies and announcing wrong time.
    I have yet to see the Chinese media making a 'concrete' news saying the Jamaican friendly is coming.

I might not be surprised that a random Chinese club shows up for friendly instead :rolleyes:

14. ntg.

ntg. Moderator
    Staff Member

May 9, 2007
    Club:
    Arsenal FC

Although some of the news mentioned Gao Hongbo might have managed his final game after the Laos' second leg, the media announced that Gao might extend his management until the first game of the World Cup Qualifying Round 3, the Singapore game played in Kunming.

15. jaredk

jaredk Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Club:
    --other--

No doubt in my mind we will fufil our potential eventually. Look at the rise of our mens swimming team. 5 years ago and now, the difference is obvious. Lets get behind the football for once.

16. lu0hh

lu0hh Member

Dec 12, 2010
    Club:
    Guangzhou Yiyao
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR

just passed my birthday and my wish was for china to beat Jamaica and qualify for WC!

JIA YOU!!

17. ntg.

ntg. Moderator
    Staff Member

May 9, 2007
    Club:
    Arsenal FC

happy birthday lu0hh :)
    although i am 39 minutes late, i wish you all the best, 心想事成.
    要女得女, 要錢得錢, 要成功得成功 :D

hope china would give jamaica...or whatever substitute team a mulling.

18. Puckodum

Puckodum Member

Jun 27, 2007
    Sweden
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR

生日快樂!

19. lu0hh

lu0hh Member

Dec 12, 2010
    Club:
    Guangzhou Yiyao
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR

多谢了兄弟们~

20. zuqiu85

zuqiu85 Member

Mar 30, 2009
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I've recently begun to follow the Chinese National team this year and I watched parts of the last 2 qualifiers. I'm starting to get acquainted with the players but I still don't know much about them. So I was wondering if perhaps some of you guys who are more familiar with the team could do a little bit of prediction about the starting lineup for the upcoming friendly with Jamaica (or the qualifier with Singapore). Who would you pick for the squad? What kind of formation? Which players that have been ignored by coach Gao (if any) would you include?

21. lu0hh

lu0hh Member

Dec 12, 2010
    Club:
    Guangzhou Yiyao
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR

striker: yang xu
    lam: feng renliang cam: chen tao(maybe deng zhuoxiang) ram: hao junmin
    ldm:huang bowen rdm: zhengzhi(maybe zhao xuri)
    lb cao yang cb: du wei cb feng xiaoting rb zhang linpeng

dunno about the defense haha
    just players from the top of my head.

22. zuqiu85

zuqiu85 Member

Mar 30, 2009
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

[LINEUP-4-5-1]Yang Xu, Feng Renliang, Hao Junmin, Huang Bowen, Chen Tao, Zheng Zhi, Cao Yang, Du Wei, Feng Xiaoting, Zhang Linpeng, Yang Zhi[/LINEUP-4-5-1]

Something like this?

23. chinesefootballfan

Oct 11, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR

Du Wei and Feng Xiaoting use to be hot prospects. I still remember Du Wei on trail with Celtic. How did Feng Xiaoting do in the K-League?

24. ruazn2

ruazn2 Member

Jul 25, 2006
    California
    Club:
    Shanghai Shenhua
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR

Du Wei played a grand total of 1 game for Celtic, only for 45 mins if I remember correctly and then was promptly shipped back to China.

25. ntg.

ntg. Moderator
    Staff Member

May 9, 2007
    Club:
    Arsenal FC

dude, seriously?