Friendly Match: Spain-Argentina 27 March 2018 (R)

Discussion in 'Spain: National Teams' started by Pichi, Mar 21, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pichi

Pichi Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 17, 1999
    San Jose, CA
    Club:
    Real Betis
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Spain hosts Argentina in the Metropolitano Stadium in Madrid on Tuesday at 2030 hrs. The game will be televised here in the US on ESPN Deportes 1530 hrs EST, 1230 hrs PST.

Aupa Espana y La Furia Roja!

2. Juanele

Juanele Member+

Aug 4, 1999
    Colorado, US
    Hopefully the players that didn't get any time vs Germany get some time here. Why bother calling them up if you don't find out how they will do in a friendly?

I'm not the biggest fan of Parejo but let's find out how he can do against a top class opponent. Same with Rodri (although I have no opinion on him one way or another but let's find out how he will do). Give Iniesta and Thiago a rest, David Silva will not play but those other two don't need to prove anything.

3. unclesox

unclesox BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 8, 2003
    209, California
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Starting XI
    De Gea, Carvajal, Piqué, Ramos, Alba, Thiago, Koke, Iniesta, Asensio, Isco, Diego Costa.

4. unclesox

unclesox BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 8, 2003
    209, California
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Argentina:
    Sergio Romero, Bustos, Otamendi, Rojo, Tagliafico, Biglia, Mascherano, Banega, Meza, Lo Celso, Higuaín.

5. Oscar

Oscar Member+

Nov 30, 2001
    Holland
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Don't like the away kit.

Fun game. I think the scoreline is a little flattering, as Argentina actually looks a bit better than us.We can't play our usual holding game, their placement and hunting for the ball is actually very well done against us. Do they have more possession than us? It looked like they might.

Even though Costa scored I'm not sure about him. Wouldn't mind seeing what Rodrigo does tonight (though after the goal in the last game, he didn't actually do all that much)

Ramos is having a horrible game. Higauin could have scored the first goal of the match with him weakly falling down after the duel. He's losing balls left and right. And I think the header goal was his mark, though not sure about that.

Asensio best of the pack for me so far, I think he assisted both goals (?)

2-1 HT

6. Juanele

Juanele Member+

Aug 4, 1999
    Colorado, US
    Good first half synopsis. There is a huge difference without Busquets and Silva. I like Asensio but he is a completely different player to Silva in how we keep the ball. Also, Koke has been poor, just immense difference between him and Busquets

Oh and RE: Costa, Aspas came in and made a huge contribution in both goals after half time. Costa is a fighter but we really don't need that in this team

7. Zacarías

Zacarías Member

Real Betis
    Spain
    Jul 19, 2017
    Sevilla
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    ¡Hola a todos!

Soy nuevo en el foro de fútbol español, pero espero que pueda contribuir a la discusión.

I think after watching this match, despite my skepticism, I think we Aspas in Russia. Although Argentina have been poor tonight, and generally are poor without Messi, Aspas has played an emense part in the second half.

8. Oscar

Oscar Member+

Nov 30, 2001
    Holland
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Not to downplay his contribution, but there was a bit of luck to his contributions to the goals (one can say that's the case in most all goals though) Aspas I mean. But overall I liked him a lot better than Costa. That one goal with the assist from De Gea, couldn't happen with Costa there. He opened himself a lot more as well. Very good game from him.

Isco motm overall, he (and the rest of the team) picked up his game a lot in the 2nd half. Asensio dipped a bit, but he was still ok. I think we regained control of the possession stat again due to the 2nd half, which shows how the game changed.

I expected us to win, but I sure as Hell didn't expect a 6-1 :D

Argentina weren't even that bad tonight, though going with Higauin while leaving at home Icardi and Dybala seems like a mistake (he should have scored the 0-1). Which will probably get overturned because of this match. Shots on goal was pretty much equal, it's just that (for a change) we were lethal with our chances.

9. Juanele

Juanele Member+

Aug 4, 1999
    Colorado, US
    I said this elsewhere but my only disappointment is that the new call-ups didn't get much time or any time in either game (Rodri didn't see anything, what's the point of calling him up?)

10. Oscar

Oscar Member+

Nov 30, 2001
    Holland
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    To fill a spot I guess. Realistically, does he even have a chance? I don't think so. The only spot which is still a question mark is the striker. Everything else is pretty much set. It's just a question of who to take as the subs, and most of those are pretty predictable as well.

11. Zacarías

Zacarías Member

Real Betis
    Spain
    Jul 19, 2017
    Sevilla
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Vosotros pensáis que Morata o Costa son mucho mejores que Aspas?

12. Juanele

Juanele Member+

Aug 4, 1999
    Colorado, US
    por la seleccion? No

13. Zacarías

Zacarías Member

Real Betis
    Spain
    Jul 19, 2017
    Sevilla
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Pues, Iago podría ser otra opción, especialmente porque juega muy diferente que los otros delanteros en la selección.

14. Pichi

Pichi Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 17, 1999
    San Jose, CA
    Club:
    Real Betis
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Always good to see the motherland give the Argies an ass whooping even in a friendly and without Messi and Aguero! Nice assist by DeGea, Isco is set for WC2018 and Caballero looked awful in goal tonight!

Aupa Espana y La Furia Roja!