Friendly: Belgium vs México; November 10, 2017

Discussion in 'Mexico National Team' started by Philip J. Fry, Oct 29, 2017.

1. Puro_Sinaloa

Puro_Sinaloa Member+

Dec 3, 2005
    I still remember when he was the next Ronaldinho lol

DaTruth repped this.
  2. Puro_Sinaloa

Puro_Sinaloa Member+

Dec 3, 2005
    Pinché Holanda no a ganado nada! Lol

3. DaTruth

DaTruth Member+

Jul 15, 2007
    IE, Cali
    You said Salcedo left him wide open, when in fact it was Reyes that stopped marking him. I guess we can argue that Salcedo should have cleaned up Reyes' mess, but the video shows Reyes quitting and not making an effort defensively when they got to our box. Just look at his reaction before Hazard scores the goal, it's pathetic.

EDIT: I hope Osorio took note with his red pen... lol

4. Special_talent23

Real Sociedad
    Mexico
    Mar 26, 2017
    Ya lo había comentado...

Herrera abandono a la selección por problemas musculares:

http://www.mediotiempo.com/futbol/2...rera-y-alvarez-son-bajas-del-tri-ante-polonia

Toda la culpa de Osorio, trono al jugador físicamente para su beneficio personal.

Espero no le termine pasando factura con el Porto donde esta jugando a un gran nivel y donde la exigencia es alta.

5. Special_talent23

Real Sociedad
    Mexico
    Mar 26, 2017
    Gano una Eurocopa... lamentablemente no pudieron ganar alguna de sus tres finales mundialistas pero no hay duda alguna de que Holanda es una potencia histórica en este deporte y que cuenta con una enorme tradición, tanto a nivel clubes como en selección.

TOP-10 en la historia del fútbol.

Tenemos mucho que aprenderle a los holandeses.

6. OneJillion$$$

OneJillion$$$ Member+

Jun 19, 2015
    Sometimes I wish Rafa could go as an assistant coach or something like that and coach up the defense.
    Or JCO should at least fix the damn thing, like fvck dude, we look like swiss cheese out there

7. Sanchito

Sanchito Member+

Jul 15, 2005
    an island in my mind
    Ugh. Watching Rafa point our guys into running into open space, then passing into that space and then pulling an extremo back to shore up the defense was beautiful. Like watching a puppet master.

8. Miguel Myers

Miguel Myers Member+

Dec 3, 2011
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
  9. Hecho en Chivas

Hecho en Chivas Member+

Apr 22, 2004
    Chulajuana
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Like I said yesterday after the game, this game against the Belgians showed why we still rely on Rafa

Rafa is a master at marking and controlling the backline. Something that Moreno should be doing but he lacks the leadership qualities that Rafa has

10. Pirru

Pirru Member+

Sep 21, 2004
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Salcedo will cost us a penalty in the WC.

Go ahead and make peace with that right now.

11. Otaku

Otaku Member+

Dec 9, 2003
    Club:
    CDSC Cruz Azul
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Araujo is a lock for me at CB. We need to find a pair for him in either Rafa, Reyes, or someone else. Like many have said Moreno hasn't been the same for a while and he hasn't been getting minutes at Roma. He was giving himself up at the first feint on many of the plays, I don't know if he is rusty or the speed of Serie A has affected him. I know he has been injured but he needs to really turn it on this first part of 2018 or I would bench him.

Salcedo is the best we have at RB, sure he is boneheaded sometimes but I also saw him defend well and clear headers out well. Only thing is he doesn't offer a lot of offense going forward, Paul Aguilar should be given another look and a chance to compete.

It pains me to say Layun is really struggling. His defending is poor and he has a lot of hustle but doesn't provide much up top in either crossing or connecting with players like he used to. I don't know if we have a better option here though.

From what I have seen Alvarez has to take that DM spot. Disciplined and makes the easy and smart passes to stay out of trouble. Neither HH or Reyes should be played here anymore.

In general Mexico needs to be more lethal and efficient. Too many times they get to the box only to pass it back instead of shooting. I get trying to get the best chance but sometimes you just have to take a shot or risk losing the ball (which happened many times.)

12. Phenom

Phenom Member+

Apr 9, 2007
    Oregon
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I agree that he should have been more aware, but that was Reyes' guy. I hope we move Reyes back to CB where he's excelled in the past. If that's for Moreno then so be it.

13. Miguel Myers

Miguel Myers Member+

Dec 3, 2011
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Agreed

14. Dutch top 3 clubs won:
    3x club world cup
    3x European Supercup
    6 x EC1/CL
    4x UEFA Cup (now called Europa League)
    1x European Cup winners Cup (now called Europa League)

Nada es mas

15. Miguel Myers

Miguel Myers Member+

Dec 3, 2011
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Your overall individual talent is very high, though. The level of play your team is at every week is something I envy for Mexican players.

Belgian guy, OG Junglist and DankYummy repped this.
  16. Puro_Sinaloa

Puro_Sinaloa Member+

Dec 3, 2005
    It was a tongue in cheek comment. :rolleyes:

El_Huero repped this.
  17. Puro_Sinaloa

Puro_Sinaloa Member+

Dec 3, 2005
    It was not a serious comment...

18. It's okay;) Gave the chance to brag:thumbsup:

JJV1994, Sleepy Spaceman, Phenom and 2 others repped this.
  19. Centauro del Norte

FC Juárez
    Sep 15, 2013
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Villarreal CF
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    A pity Osorio won't call Madueña up... He's like the best natural RB at the moment...

He covers a lot of ground, has an eye for a pass, and his passing range is pretty decent... He whips in a lot of decent crosses, and his dribbling it's pretty good for a defender... Plus, he ain't that short. It's funny how Osorio will call up Luis Reyes, but not Madueña... Madueña could be slotted in a back line of 4, or a wing-back in a line of 5...

Puro_Sinaloa, Otaku, DaTruth and 7 others repped this.
  20. Centauro del Norte

FC Juárez
    Sep 15, 2013
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Villarreal CF
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    He's that good... There's not many full-backs that can dribble inside the final third and inside the box... Not even Paul Aguilar when he was at his best moment...

DaTruth, Hecho en Chivas and DankYummy repped this.
  21. la fresa

la fresa Member+

Oct 31, 2005
    texas
    Club:
    Serbian White Eagles
    I second Puro Sinalo's comment, Let's start a petition to get Juan Manuel Marquez' trainer Memo Herida to dope Rafa up on some of those untraceable PED's. Let's start a cash pool to fund it, or have rafa put that narco money to good use

22. LaMascara

LaMascara Member+

Apr 11, 2013
    Club:
    Pachuca CF
    he gain mass and lost speed

23. Phenom

Phenom Member+

Apr 9, 2007
    Oregon
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara