Friendlies: @ Argentina (November 16th and November 20th)

Discussion in 'Mexico National Team' started by Regulus Tera, Oct 10, 2018.

1. Lukato

Lukato Member+

Sep 7, 2012
    Club:
    CDSC Cruz Azul
    you are used to wasting, after all you waste your time all the time watching the wilas play.

beat junky, Colima24, AMLO2018 and 7 others repped this.
  2. Henruchito

Henruchito Member

Real Madrid
    Mexico
    Jun 10, 2017
    Lo que se mira en el tricolor ya se venia cantando desde que se instauro que cual quier club podia contratar a cuanto extranjero qusiera y aunque pusieron 10 limites maquillando ese error con tanto extranjero el nivel de la seleccion va ir bajando , no defiendo al tuca aclaro no me agrada su estilo de juego pero esto se mira en la calidad de jugadores argentina es potencia y mexico pues no y con tanto extranjero en la liga muy x se van ir abriendo mas las brechas con las potencias tarde o temprano mas bien dicho temprano con tanto extranjero no se va llegar a un mundial y hasta que eso pase no van a cambiar las cosas .

3. AMLO2018

AMLO2018 Member+

Mexico
    Jul 12, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    The politics surrounding Mexican football are disgusting me more & more as teams that have legit talent expose Mex

In a football crazed country of 120 millions plus 10-30 mil in the states is the best we can do Chaka Rodriguez ? :rolleyes::sick:

i hate pay-to-play/ train / tryout and how mediocre players like Guemez run rampant in the 1st divsion + National team

4. Special_talent23

Real Sociedad
    Mexico
    Mar 26, 2017
    #229 Special_talent23, Nov 21, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 21, 2018
    Ojalá todo este apoyo y marketing se lo dieran a los boxeadores mexicanos.

Ellos ss lo merecen, no está bola de mierdas inservibles, perdedores seriales y los mafiosos directivos que solo hacen pasar vergüenza.

Tengo ya varios meses que deje ver la mierda de la liga MX, que de mexicana nada más tiene el nombre.

Neymadres, AMLO2018 and thedragonrik58 repped this.
  5. Lukato

Lukato Member+

Sep 7, 2012
    Club:
    CDSC Cruz Azul
    Eh that's exaggerated, half of the country prefers baseball or other american sports over football (see the NFL game being a massive deal to the point AMLO himself had to get ), football is mostly popular in the bajio, Mexico City and the southwest and even then most fans are just villamelones, most people confuse the nationalism woken when the NT plays with being crazy about football.

6. Rafael Hernandez

Rafael Hernandez Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 6, 2002
    I love how football fans are villamelones but that NFL game outrage that didn't start until the day the NFL send their inspectors means half the country likes the NFL and is not football obsessed. :rolleyes:

7. Salmos

Salmos Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 26, 2010
    Berkeley, CA
    Club:
    Pachuca CF
    AM football seems on the rise. I think something like 15% of Mexicans are self proclaimed football fans which is not bad. But to say that soccer isn’t by far the most popular sport in the country is absurd.

JJV1994 repped this.
  8. Lukato

Lukato Member+

Sep 7, 2012
    Club:
    CDSC Cruz Azul
    it depends on the region, the problem is that most people just focus in central and southwestern Mexico when it comes to talking about the whole country. In places like Sonora, Campeche, QRoo, Yucatan, both Baja Californias (Xolos hype is dying fast here) and Sinaloa baseball is the main sport. And even in the places where futbol is the main sport most fans are villamelones that just "follow" Chivas, America and Cruz Azul because it is what everyone does, "football crazy" is far from what I would describe Mexico.

Hecho en Chivas repped this.
  9. Rafael Hernandez

Staff Member

Mar 6, 2002
    Football is the main sport no doubt and it's not even close. NFL has been followed a lot but it's not new and it's never been as popular not matter how much the NFL only fans (who could be single most annoying Mexican along with the "Spain lovers") might claim. And that regions thing is BS as if "states with less people than people who take the subway a day in Mexico City" are going to determine things.

JJV1994 repped this.
  10. Lukato

Lukato Member+

Sep 7, 2012
    Club:
    CDSC Cruz Azul
    thanks for proving my point

11. Rafael Hernandez

Staff Member

Mar 6, 2002
    What point? Your bullshit point trying to make it out as if the country isn't football crazy by going after every regions no matter how they are population wise? GTFO. Keep trying with your BS like how football fans are villamelones but apparently in other sports they must be hardcore fans which is why no sports league comes close to Liga MX in Mexico.

For the non geography knowledgeable this dude is trying to act as if somebody said "People think the (NFL or whatever sport) is popular in the US because they count that it is in California and Texas but they don't count that (Y sport) is the most popular in Montana, Idaho, the Dakotas and Colorado, etc etc.

JJV1994 repped this.
  12. Salmos

Salmos Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 26, 2010
    Berkeley, CA
    Club:
    Pachuca CF
    I don’t think Villamelones vs real fans is the right way to measure things though. Regional sports like baseball and basketball which are more concentrated are going to look more diehard. I personally think a huge chunk of UFC fans are idiots who just want to see blood, but I don’t get to discard them from the numbers when talking about the MMA fan base. They buy tickets, PPVs, and merchandise. All sports draw casuals. It’s only natural to see it in the biggest sport, especially because it’s the only sport with a significant draw when it comes to international games. Boxing is similar in that regard although I personally don’t believe in watching boxing through a nationalistic lens.

13. Miguel Myers

Miguel Myers Member+

Dec 3, 2011
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Immediately out in 2019: Guemez, Chaka, Cata, Aquino, Dueñas

JJV1994 repped this.
  14. chivamex10

chivamex10 Member+

Mar 1, 2010
    your mom's house
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Adding to your list
    Players that do not ever need to be called up again until they prove me wrong

Gio 2 saints
    Peralta
    Crown Jesus
    Brizuela
    Pulido
    Zaldivar
    Aquino
    Damm
    Hugo Gonzalez
    Hugo Ayala
    Alanis
    Elias Hernandez
    Jesus Molina

[​IMG]

JJV1994, TGO, GrandeSoccer and 4 others repped this.
  15. LGRod

LGRod Member+

Mexico
    Aug 14, 2010
    Listenin to Los Bookies
    Club:
    Club Tijuana
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Edson Alvarez

16. Philip J. Fry

Philip J. Fry Member+

Mexico
    Jun 12, 2013
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Too young for that.

JJV1994 and thedragonrik58 repped this.
  17. Rafael Hernandez

Staff Member

Mar 6, 2002
    Plus he wasn't bad against Argentina. It would have been a massacre had he played like Cata.

AMLO2018, JJV1994, Philip J. Fry and 2 others repped this.
  18. turibird

turibird Member+

Jun 1, 2008
    Juarez
    They’re one in the same.. the golden generation isn’t confined to just the u-17 winners but I consider it a range starting with Ochoa (32) down to Herrera (28) which will include players like:
    Layun
    Moreno
    Ochoa
    Fabian
    Aquino
    Juarez
    Barrera
    Gio
    Jonathan
    Vela
    Guardado
    Chicha
    Pulido
    Gullit
    Etc.

I’d say Jimenez is right on the cusp

JJV1994 and Robertinho21 repped this.
  19. Salmos

Salmos Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 26, 2010
    Berkeley, CA
    Club:
    Pachuca CF
    Edson looked awful in the first goal only because Cata came off his line to “pressure” the argie player and ended up doing nothing other than leaving a huge defensive gap. Calling this dude is as close to trolling as I’ve ever seen from a manager. Well maybe the other instance would be Aguirre starting a 10 lbs overweight old Bofo vs Argentina.

20. LGRod

LGRod Member+

Mexico
    Aug 14, 2010
    Listenin to Los Bookies
    Club:
    Club Tijuana
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    and Franco. :rolleyes:

21. Rafael Hernandez

Staff Member

Mar 6, 2002
    Yeah somebody tell that dumbfvck Luis Garcia. I saw some upload and he was going hard on Alvarez. Don't know if he said anything about Cata but it figures he would miss his "performance".

JJV1994, GrandeSoccer and Miguel Myers repped this.
  22. TGO

TGO Member+

Jul 4, 2011
    Agree with the players who we need to drop but I give Edson more time before making a definite conclusion about him. He's still rough around the edges but you can see there is definite talent in the kid.

JJV1994, Philip J. Fry and LGRod repped this.