News: Friday, April 28 , 2017

Discussion in 'MLS: News & Analysis' started by Fiosfan, Apr 28, 2017.

1. Fiosfan

Fiosfan Red Card

Mar 21, 2010
    Nevada
    Club:
    New York City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  2. Fiosfan

Fiosfan Red Card

Mar 21, 2010
    Nevada
    Club:
    New York City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #2 Fiosfan, Apr 28, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2017
  3. Fiosfan

Fiosfan Red Card

Mar 21, 2010
    Nevada
    Club:
    New York City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  4. Fiosfan

Fiosfan Red Card

Mar 21, 2010
    Nevada
    Club:
    New York City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  5. JasonMa

JasonMa Member+

Mar 20, 2000
    Arvada, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So its April and the Rapids have officially punted on this season:
    This might already be a lost season for the Rapids...and that's part of the plan
    FourFourTwo

So, who do I see about getting my season ticket money back? If w'ere not playing for this season why am I paying for it?

rslfanboy, Kejsare, UxSxAxfooty and 11 others repped this.
  6. ToMhIlL

ToMhIlL Member+

Feb 18, 1999
    Boxborough, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Did anyone really think this was actually going to happen? Too bad, since it could have been a great location. Yes, the state would have had to kick in some money to reroute the traffic circle that is dangerous, outdated adn the root of many of the traffic problems, but that's something they would need to do anyway, stadium or not. The problem is, Kraft was likely looking for a sweetheart deal, which just isn't going to happen. The red Sox, Celtics and Bruins, not to mention the Pats all have had trouble getting things built, and if they couldn't get public support, do you reall think a team that its own owner barely ackowledges could?

I wish we hadn't played you guys the first gme of the season. The kool-Aid Drinkin' spin doctors were all, "Colorado is a good team and it's really hard to win at altitude." How the once-mighty have fallen. And we're barely a couple of months into the season...

7. Fiosfan

Fiosfan Red Card

Mar 21, 2010
    Nevada
    Club:
    New York City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  8. footballfantatic

Mar 27, 2008
    Ontario, California
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Jones: MLS' Rowdies sounds good, but not sold on it happening
    Tampabay.com
    Someone please troll this moron!

9. Autogolazo

Autogolazo BigSoccer Supporter

Feb 19, 2000
    Bombay Beach, CA
    The Rapids were happy with how they played in last week’s 1-0 loss to Minnesota and in a late loss to RSL the previous week, which ended Colorado's 18-month unbeaten streak at DSG Park.

Well, if losing to two of the weaker teams in the league including their most bitter rival (at home) made them "happy", they're really gonna be happy after Saturday in Orlando.

10. Fiosfan

Fiosfan Red Card

Mar 21, 2010
    Nevada
    Club:
    New York City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  11. Fiosfan

Fiosfan Red Card

Mar 21, 2010
    Nevada
    Club:
    New York City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #11 Fiosfan, Apr 28, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2017
  12. Boloni86

Boloni86 Member+

Jun 7, 2000
    Baltimore
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Gibraltar
    Step 1) blow up the defense and defensive midfield that were the only good part of last year's team
    Step 2) ?
    Step 3) Success!

I'm really impressed by Colorado's clever 5 dimensional chess moves. They're seeing things that literally nobody else is seeing.

13. Boloni86

Boloni86 Member+

Jun 7, 2000
    Baltimore
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Gibraltar
  14. bbsbt

bbsbt Member+

Feb 26, 2003
    Jeesh... whatever happened to the "__________ till I die" mantra?

15. dougtee

dougtee Member+

Feb 7, 2007
    that revs stadium looked great. nothing screams urban soccer stadium nirvana like a ring of parking lots encircling the place

16. JasonMa

JasonMa Member+

Mar 20, 2000
    Arvada, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I never said I wasn't going to root for them, I just don't want to pay regular season prices for a season-long training camp, which is what Pablo just admitted 2017 is.

17. FlapJack

FlapJack Member+

Mar 3, 2006
    Los Angeles
    You're building for next year. Just think how good your in game cheering, chanting, and heckling (MLS approved don't cross the line!) will be. And I'm seeing real improvement in your beer line game-day strategy.

18. btharner

btharner Member

Jan 22, 2007
    Selinsgrove, Pa.
    When I read Bayside, I started having Saved by the Bell flashbacks.

I honestly believe Boston will try to make the Red Sox play in Fenway for at least another 200 years, let alone do anything to help the Revs.

19. jayd8888

jayd8888 Member+

Aug 22, 2006
    Denver CO
    I'm not making the drive down to Commerce this season. Blow up 2017 before May? Heads will need to roll before I give this dumpster fire money.

JasonMa repped this.
  20. sitruc

sitruc Member+

Jul 25, 2006
    Virginia
    How many concept drawings have looked nearly identical to this? There's always the flag and scarf shot from the corner. It's funny to me that the drawing didn't feature suites or a club section. The "revised stadium design" had suites and featured a club level close to the field that we have come to expect. There may have even been standing in two corners and behind a goal.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

21. Honore de Ballsac

Oct 28, 2005
    France.
    Totally looks like an intern did those. I like how the Krafts have now officially responded, after first stammering with their pants down. What a piece of shit the Revs organization is... and such a fine team for the last five years IMO. Think what they could do with a little interest and support from their billionaire ownership.

22. Placid Casual

Placid Casual Member+

Apr 2, 2004
    Bentley's Roof
    Looks like they used a create a stadium feature on a video game.

23. Burr

Burr Member+

Boca Juniors
    Argentina
    Jul 8, 2014
    Tampa, FL
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I also liked the line where he asked if anyone could watch more than one league. Hello like literally every soccer fan does that already, lol. (Okay I know there are some MLS only fans in this forum).

Tom Jones is just your typical hot take columnist. Can't stand him when he writes about the Lightning either.

I will say though he's handled the responses on Twitter well at least. Some skepticism is fair game. The Rays struggles will always loom large in any discussion of St. Pete. But he doesn't understand the soccer aspect of it at all.

footballfantatic repped this.
  24. Len

Len Member+

Club: Dallas Tornado
    Jan 18, 1999
    Everywhere and Nowhere.....I'm the wind, baby.
    I don't see that used very often, but I agree it's a weak argument. Most American football fans don't have trouble watching the NFL and college football.........as well as those who also follow their local HS team.