Frickson Erazo: "El Elegante" - Flamengo [R]

Discussion in 'Ecuador - Players Abroad' started by Mengão86, Jan 14, 2014.

1. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I figured I'd kick start this thread for you guys.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Quilotoa

Quilotoa Member

Sep 26, 2008
    Brasilia, Brazil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
  3. Manolo

Manolo Moderator
    Staff Member

May 14, 1997
    Queens, NY
    Top class defender. Always said he should be in Europe, but that is extra hard for defenders. Brazil will be a great challenge because there are plenty of good attacking players.

4. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Erazo made his debut yesterday. He had a decent first half but an awful second. He was sent off when someone played a poor ball back to him and forced him to make a bad challenge. Hopefully he can shake that off and play better next time out.

5. LDU4ever

LDU4ever Moderator
    Staff Member

Liga de Quito
    Ecuador
    Nov 21, 2004
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Not the finest debut, but considering what Mengao just mentioned, he was put into situation that we'd say is "comprometedor". I'm sure he'll bounce back. He needs to adjust to this system. Reasco and Espinoza were the last defenders that we had go to Brazil (as I can recall), and one was plagued with injuries while the other did a relatively okay job. We need this!!!!!!

6. Luigi408

Luigi408 Member

May 16, 2010
    San Jose, Ca
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    He'll get better. I think this is his first time playing for a club internationally. Should be a huge boost to our NT for sure.

7. Primitive Ways

Primitive Ways Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    Florida
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Hopefully he lasts more than 6 months.

8. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    He is projected to start tomorrow's clássico vs Fluminense.

9. Manolo

Manolo Moderator
    Staff Member

May 14, 1997
    Queens, NY
    Looks like he is having a nightmare beginning.

10. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Yeah, he was at fault for at least 2 of the goals yesterday. It might take him a while to adapt.

11. Primitive Ways

Primitive Ways Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    Florida
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Didn't start today.

12. Primitive Ways

Primitive Ways Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    Florida
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Didn't start today either...

13. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    He'll probably end up playing our less important fixture from now on. We have a pretty good young CB and a solid CB starter who had a good season last year, so it isn't exactly that easy to break into the starting lineup.

14. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    and this is where you say.....Erazo you f*cked up!! why would you leave 6 months before the WC?? IDIOT!

15. Manolo

Manolo Moderator
    Staff Member

May 14, 1997
    Queens, NY
    It is looking like a very bad situation for everybody. The question is how can a CB be expected to join a team in the middle of the season and make an impact? Of all positions, CB is the most important for communicating and coordinating the defense. Of course he needs time!

16. Manolo

Manolo Moderator
    Staff Member

May 14, 1997
    Queens, NY
    Do you have any idea why they would buy Erazo if they have depth in that position?

It's like bringing sand to the beach.

17. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    About your post above, it's actually the start of the Brazilian season.

Fla brought in Erazo for his Libertadores experience and as an insurance policy. He started with the first team in his two appearances because Fla intended him to start, but we can't afford the mistakes.

He'll start with our 'B' squad on Wednesday in a Rio de Janeiro (Carioca) state championship game:

Manolo repped this.
  18. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Here's what I posted on the Flamengo thread about Erazo last night. It was an improvement, but still not good and not what he is capable of.

19. Manolo

Manolo Moderator
    Staff Member

May 14, 1997
    Queens, NY
    We'll see what happens. He's not a new kid on the block, he's a full international on an Ecuador defense that was one of the best in the qualifiers. That means he played against some of the best attacking players in the world. Barring a total disaster, he will start and play in the World Cup. I think it's clearly not a question of ability, but like any player he will need time to adapt to his teammates and opponents, which I imagine is even harder for a central defender which is a position that is not about individual skill, but mostly about awareness and organization.

20. Luigi408

Luigi408 Member

May 16, 2010
    San Jose, Ca
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Yeah. Not a bit worried about Erazo. He is pretty talented and he is a great leader. Once he develops chemistry with his teammates. He'll win the starting spot. It will just take time because I don't think he has ever played in a club outside of Ecuador.

21. Manolo

Manolo Moderator
    Staff Member

May 14, 1997
    Queens, NY
    I didn't watch the game but your analysis is interesting. The last part about his ability to play from the back is a huge asset. He is excellent on the ball and can pick out passes to start good attacks.

Those who saw him at El Nacional and Barcelona can comment more, but based on his games with Ecuador, his positioning and aerial abilities were sometimes suspect, but never a problem. This is where he needs a good partner and time to adapt because his job is also to make sure others are in position since he is the last man.

Finally his other great attribute that hopefully will be seen is his tackling. He is very strong and has long legs and he takes the ball away very cleanly from opponents, which is how he got his nickname.

22. barcelonista1981

May 16, 2007
    GUAYAQUIL
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I hate the fact he went to Brazil, a lot of our good players didnt do so good there, Pato Urrutia come s to mind, Guerron in Cruzeiro, Espinoza sort of did ok there tho and Erazo is better than him, Luis Bolanos failed like in 2 different clubs there.

23. javer

javer Member

Sep 11, 2012
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    #23 javer, Feb 22, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 22, 2014
    Wow guerron was decent so was Espinoza bolanos had a lot of disciplinary problems n yea urrutia reasco ect didn't do so well but I'm glad he went to Brazil excellent league he deserves to be their maybe he shouldn't have gone before the World Cup and And maybe he should have gone to turkey last year but hey he is a good defender he need to be challenged and able to adapt to a different league if he adapts quickly he'll be more than ready for the World Cup if not I know he'll get it together come friendlys matches n group stages

24. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    #24 Mengão86, Apr 16, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2014
    Erazo came on as a sub last Sunday in the Carioca final and committed a PK. The PK goal put Vasco in the lead late and they basically had the title all wrapped up until we were awarded an offsides goal in the final minute.

He's not looking good heading into the WC and I'm not sure how many more chances he will get with us if he continues to make big mistakes.

25. lav92

lav92 Member

Jun 16, 2010
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    God damn! lol Looks like Erazo is gonna have haters in the stadium when we play France in Rio de Janeiro. He was supposed to establish a fan base for Ecuador, not half the country against you. :ROFLMAO: