French Division 1

Discussion in 'Women's International' started by guignol, Sep 7, 2012.

1. Gromit06

Gromit06 Member+

Oct 22, 2012
    Nice
    Club:
    Olympique de Marseille
  2. shlj

shlj Member+

Apr 16, 2007
    London
    Club:
    FC Nantes
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    A great player and a very nice person as well.

3. Gromit06

Gromit06 Member+

Oct 22, 2012
    Nice
    Club:
    Olympique de Marseille
    Well, are there Scots who are not nice ? ;)

4. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    i've often seen them not nice to each other. on holiday there a couple of years ago i was amazed at their propensity to fisticuffs, lads and lassies alike.

of course they were drunk, but they're always drunk the lot of them.

5. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    and stone foxy to boot.

6. debzy

debzy Member+

May 26, 2009
    paris
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    It will be interesting to see where she will play , at CB she'll takes Meilleuroux spot as FW Montpellier is full with Ayachi , Asseyi , Makanza , Diguelman on the wing , Lattaf , Ramos , De Reviere and Tenret in the centre ...so maybe she'll play as midfielder , anyway what is her real role ? Jennifer is too versatile .
    The agent of a danish player has offered his client to Lyon , Lair said his phone can't stop ringging with agents calling him every time of the day.....the other side of professionalism :rolleyes:
    http://www.lalsace.fr/sport/2013/07/17/la-nouvelle-economie-du-football-feminin
    I thought that Nora Coton-Pelagie signed with Saint-Etienne but actually her agent said that there is nothing official yet because his client is doing some try out in England.....I think Chelsea were testing a french player lately is that she ?

7. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    [​IMG]

number one answer!

8. shlj

shlj Member+

Apr 16, 2007
    London
    Club:
    FC Nantes
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Jenny has been recruited to play as center back alongside Gadea or Meilleroux.

9. Gromit06

Gromit06 Member+

Oct 22, 2012
    Nice
    Club:
    Olympique de Marseille
    I'm very impatient to see this Montpellier playing, since his young players should be used more frequently. Rumi Utsugi has improved a lot since she has been in France and she has become a regular player with Japan (she actually plays as LB while Aya Sameshima... former-MHSC too ! - is injured). But it's obviously not her best position. We'll see how she is tomorrow against North Korea.

10. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    you're thinking kelly might leave? that's the only way i can interpret your OR.

11. shlj

shlj Member+

Apr 16, 2007
    London
    Club:
    FC Nantes
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Nah I mean Beattie will be first choice alongside Meilleroux or Gadea. And probably Gadea.

12. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    what is this probably?

13. shlj

shlj Member+

Apr 16, 2007
    London
    Club:
    FC Nantes
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Well the coach might decide Meilleroux is better than Gadea and start with Beattie Meilleroux

14. Gromit06

Gromit06 Member+

Oct 22, 2012
    Nice
    Club:
    Olympique de Marseille
    Why are you trying to give Guignol an heart-attack ? With all this heat, it could be fatal... :p

15. shlj

shlj Member+

Apr 16, 2007
    London
    Club:
    FC Nantes
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    I will go to Montpellier's training and one of the friendly while I am on holidays in the South of France so I will get an answer.

16. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    you're trying to get a rise out of me right? i never figured shlj for a troll...

seriously, you probably know better than i but is it actually possible to make the above mentioned decision without the influence of a-rated psychotropes? every time i've seen la paillade play gadea covered both CB spots while meilleroux nodded approvingly.

17. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    myself contrarywise had planned on driving up to seattle and catch pinoe in tonight's reign-red stars match but the kids nixed that.

i did see reign-spirit on TV and megan did right good.

18. shlj

shlj Member+

Apr 16, 2007
    London
    Club:
    FC Nantes
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    I mean we all know coaches make strange decisions. I saw Montpellier once last season in Paris and Meilleroux was not there due to a family bereavement. But yeah the feedback I got recently was the same as yours, Meilleroux is tired apparently.

19. debzy

debzy Member+

May 26, 2009
    paris
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    One question Guignol , what Meilleuroux did so wrong to be so poorly rated by you not only with the NT but the club too?...loool

20. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    it wasn't one play, it's just an excruciatingly poor level of play at all the things a CB is supposed to do.

i may be wrong but i seem to remember the MSHC-PSG match that was on TV as being the perfect example.

my perception has led to a bias that further clouds my perception but i really feel i'm being quite objective about her. for all the dislike i have for soub i have seen her do some fine things, even have periods of 10-15 minutes where she's been rather good and i've said so. but meilleroux, in the admittedly small sampling i've had of her play, has been generally and exclusively horrible. she's slow, lackadaisical in her positioning, lazy in her marking, useless in the air, shies away from contact, imprecise in her passing...

21. shlj

shlj Member+

Apr 16, 2007
    London
    Club:
    FC Nantes
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Is she Faye White's twin lol ? Oh well we will know soon if Meilleroux or Gadea get the nod. Speaking of Montpellier they are still looking at signing players in midfield and up front to replace Delie.

22. Gromit06

Gromit06 Member+

Oct 22, 2012
    Nice
    Club:
    Olympique de Marseille
    Olympique de Marseille keeps looking after her Féminine section very seriously, with two important recruits for the new season, two internationals : Léa RUBIO (1 cap, 1 goal in 6 minutes of playing against Israel at the end of 2011, just before being seriously injured - ACL) who arrives from PSG, and Amandine BLANC, who was with the U17 NT crowned World Champion last year (she played the game against Gambia).

OM will be a clear favourite for the Division d'Honneur (D3) Championship this season.

23. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    these two girls didn't come to play in DH; they must find the long-term project very convincing. Rubio remains a question mark though; coming back from an ACL is not uncommon, but the extraordinary amount of time it's taken her personally suggests there may have been complications.

24. Gromit06

Gromit06 Member+

Oct 22, 2012
    Nice
    Club:
    Olympique de Marseille
    You certainly right, because I think too that the long-term project is very convincing.

Of course, it took a long time for Léa, and I don't know exactly what happened during all this time - I asked several times about it on various forums, including here, but nobody seemed to knew - but I can say that she looks radiant to be at OM, now. Wait and see. And let's hope she'll be alright, not only for OM and herself, but also because she was a real good player before her ACL, and that would be a great loss for French football if she didn't come back to her former fit.

25. debzy

debzy Member+

May 26, 2009
    paris
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Really MHSC still looking for strikers even though they signed Fanny Tenret some weeks ago ?!?That's weird because in their roster now they have Lattaf , Ramos , De Revière , the young Wenger plus Tenret as FW and Makanza , Asseyi , Ayachi and Diguelman as wingers . Hoda get married one month ago but I think she didn't retired....at least I hope...and for the rest I didn't heard about someone leaving . For the midfielders the situation is different , Lavogez and Toletti are good but too young , Utsugi it depends if she will play left back with the new coach , Pervier and Bilbault are average , so yes they do need at least one good new cm .
    One thing is sure with Rubio at l'OM , she decide to renounce to the NT for at least three years , what a shame .