French Division 1

Discussion in 'Women's International' started by guignol, Sep 7, 2012.

1. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Tell me more about this new coach. I can't say I heard much about him: what his previous experiences are?

2. debzy

debzy Member+

May 26, 2009
    paris
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    He was very succesful, very popular in France during his playing time in the nineties, he also played in Italy, he is well known because he gave the assist to probably the most popular goal scored in Ligue 1.

As a coach he managed only little clubs, not really successful by the way, but he always pubblicly admired female football and seems to be a good person.
    Don't know how he will coach at Lyon but one thing is sure he's taking his job very seriously.

gricio61 and blissett repped this.
  3. Thomsen

Thomsen Member+

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    i'm just curious tho if any clubs want Henning....?

so PSG drawed with Postdam yesterday - any place i can see the highlights?? i read that Jojo Elsig was so close to win the game for Postdam...

4. AndyHE

AndyHE Member

Sep 12, 2015
    Norway
    Club:
    SK Brann Bergen
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
    Renard was looking like she'd go to the Chels or wherever at the time, so it was probably insurance in case she left.

Arsenal does:

debzy and gricio61 repped this.
  5. Thomsen

Thomsen Member+

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    thought Arsenal had higher ambitions, but let's see how Josy performs in Arsenal lol

6. AndyHE

AndyHE Member

Sep 12, 2015
    Norway
    Club:
    SK Brann Bergen
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
    debzy repped this.
  7. debzy

debzy Member+

May 26, 2009
    paris
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Henning must have one of the best agent ever, how he manages to find her professional contract despite her best days are clearly behind it's unbeievable....congrats to her....

8. Thomsen

Thomsen Member+

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    i know, don't really think Henning's ever looked great although she was better few years ago... i don't ever want to see her play on the NT again please god... it's Elsig time...

9. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
  10. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    and the big news of the day(along with the firing of Echouafni); van den Sanden joins Lyon!. Since PSG didn't particular standout pre season(ties with Potsdam & Arsenal) who exactly is Lyon's main competitor going to be?

gricio61 and blissett repped this.
  11. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Wow, since Thomis was getting old, they decided to put their hands on Thomis 2.0. :eek: Impressive.

gricio61 repped this.
  12. shlj

shlj Member+

Apr 16, 2007
    London
    Club:
    FC Nantes
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    they have Thomis 2.1 and 2.2 as well with Delphine Cascarino and Emelyne Laurent ...

blissett repped this.
  13. Thomsen

Thomsen Member+

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Van den Sanden + Bronze on the right side...

I don't think anyone can stop Lyon, I think Wolfsburg's gonna be their biggest competition.

blissett repped this.
  14. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Bronze, Kumagai, Buchanan, Maroszan, Van de Sanden, Hegerberg... is there still place for some French players, or OL is going to become even more the "big international connection" of women's football? :laugh:

15. debzy

debzy Member+

May 26, 2009
    paris
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    LOL.. From what I know starters Bouhaddi, Mbock, Renard, Le Sommer, Abily are still French...:rolleyes:...plus they will sign Henry in January and I'm convinced Delphine Cascarino is better than Van de Sanden. Anyway, in all big clubs the competition is always tough.
    Personally I think Montpellier is OL's main opposition in D1F, but with someone like Lucy Bronze I guess even in WCL they have almost none competition.....at least on paper but as we all should know by now, football games are not won on paper...
    Talking about PSG, Amandine Henry will sign for Lyon as they met her financial demand of 30'000 € salary while PSG didn't wanted to rise their 17'500 € offer......Paris is willing to pay 30 million Euro per year to Neymar but categorically refused to meet Henry's demand 1000 times less...who is to blame?:rolleyes:

gricio61 repped this.
  16. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    interesting comment by PSG coach, Lair; he's basically saying that the salary of 10K a month that Lyon is paying is too much for the injured 20 year old, Cascarino

gricio61 repped this.
  17. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    well let me see; they got now 4 out of FIFA's current top 10 list; Bronze, Cascarino, Marozsan, Renard. Plus their backed up by the likes of Le Sommer, Abily, Henry, Hegerberg, Buchanen, Mbock, Kumagai, Houra, Lavogez....many of whom were previously short listed on FIFA' top 10.

So who again, is going to be Lyon's main opponent?

18. shlj

shlj Member+

Apr 16, 2007
    London
    Club:
    FC Nantes
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    I agrre with Debzy, it should be MHSC. PSG losing 2 points early and missing out on a forward plus Henry is a big problem for them. Paris FC are not at the same level either so MHSC or nothing.

19. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    keeping you updated in what their fans is the very competitive French League, Lyon blasted the usually 4th place, Paris team by the score 9-2. Even though they do got at least 4-5 players with FR NT experience, somehow they managed to score 3 goals on their own team vs 2 goals on Lyon. Nice to see Delphine back in action, though one of FIFA's 3 best is only a sub. Here's was the lineup
    http://us.women.soccerway.com/match...n-1/olympique-lyonnais-feminin/paris/2527047/

blissett repped this.
  20. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Thanks @hotjam2! :thumbsup:

In @debzy's absence (I know she had said she would have gone, but... :(), I wasn't even aware that Division 1 Féminine had already restarted: and I see we're already at 3rd matchday! :eek:

21. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I was posting with a hint of sarcasm though because of the ridiculous scoreline. Actually the Paris team(previously named Juvisy) should of been pretty decent; they played all together 7 players with current or previous NT experience, 6 previous or current youth NT & one J player named Otaki(surprised you didn't pick up on that).

Surprise too that the attendance was only 800 to watch Lyon with almost all of the world's superstars on it. So what's the point of it all? Even Wolfsburg(though hteir mopping up their own league) can't match up with them(especially now that they got Bronze) & those English super teams still don't look that good(Arsenal lost twice 1-3 to BUND teams during the off season). All I can think of other is Barcelona as possible contenders, but the other day they only could beat the last place Primera squad by 1-0

22. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Well, bragging about a goal at 90' in a 9-2 loss seemed too much even for me, didn't it? :p

Ami Otaki has been actually in contention for Nadeshiko Japan NT some years ago (she was in the emergency-reserve list at London Olympics in 2012). I will surprise you, but she actually played with OL for a pair of seasons (although alwas as a sub) and she even won the Champions' League with them! (she was subbed-in at 88' in the final match vs Frankfurt in 2012, so she played 2 whole minutes of that match, enough to proudly wear the medal at her neck! :p).

She subsequently played with Guingamp, but decided to retire from football at a very young age a pair of seasons ago: this year, with Paris FC project, she decided to come back from retirement. She was a promising player, I am curious to see if she can do anything good now that she's back.

At the very least, you can see from this recent video that she can juggle a ball quite well! :laugh:
    https://instagram.flhr2-1.fna.fbcdn...284_522005434816035_3465531711536758784_n.mp4

hotjam2 repped this.
  23. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Montpelier suppose to be Lyon's most competitive league opponent this year(they've made the CL). Lets see how that went

gricio61, Thomsen and blissett repped this.
  24. luvdagame

luvdagame Member+

Jul 6, 2000
    how does this make Lyon's players better?

is it good enough to play against the world's best players in meaningless practice games and then play a couple of meaningful games at the end of the season to win the champions league?

25. Thomsen

Thomsen Member+

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Lyon are OP

Marozsan on fire though, Jones's wasting her talent away