News: French clubs in Europe 2014/2015

Discussion in 'France' started by SportBoy333, Jul 29, 2014.

1. Pandore

Pandore Member+

Jun 24, 2014
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    I'm not happy at all. We really have the worst luck in the CL. Always going out due to away goals and now this nightmare of a campaign. First Barcelona, now Chelsea while other "top" clubs get such an easy road to the QFs.

I mean, I guess it's not Bayern or Real, but this still isn't an ideal situation. :rolleyes:

2. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    to win it all you have to beat them all anyway. and isn't that the objective?

3. Pandore

Pandore Member+

Jun 24, 2014
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    That's definitely not true and never has been. To win it all, you must be better than the team you're facing on that specific day. Actually, all you need is to score more, you don't even need to play better.

4. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    Dynamo Kyiv is a very large club but Guingamp is gonna have a full packed stadium of rowdy fans trying to spur them on to an upset. Im also excited to see PSG-Chelsea and Arsenal-Monaco. Our teams have a decent chance to win all 3 encounters. At least 50%.

revsfan603 repped this.
  5. StarrMatthieu

StarrMatthieu Member+

Dec 15, 2007
    USA/FRANCE
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Guingamp won today! hope they can win over in Ukraine
    Claudio BEAUVUE got a goal looking like he might get some friendly action vs Brazil
    and Denmark

Pandore repped this.
  6. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    Gotta play for the 0-0 since Kiev got an away goal.

7. Pandore

Pandore Member+

Jun 24, 2014
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    How are you feeling about your chances against Arsenal, @SportBoy333?

8. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    There's no pressure. No one expected them to be the final 16 after the off season turmoil. You know how good their defensive record is and how they dont conceed goals even in 6 CL group matches. Arsenal is a good test though and will be one of the best teams they've played all year. Toulalan will be suspended but there will still be plenty of quality out there. I would like to see this lineup

-------Berbatov ---------
    ---------Carrasco-Silva-Dirar--------
    ------- Kondogbia-Moutinho-----------
    Kurzawa-Carlvaho-Abdennour-Fabinho
    ----------------- Subasic-----------------

Raggi will be missed and is out injured so Fabinho should get the start. Kurzawa and Abdennour are capable of playing in the EPL right now so they are quality. Kondogbia and Moutino in the middle is really good. and Carrasco's an excellent winger and Silva has been great in the middle. I see Dirar and Berbatov as the main weakness since all Berbatov does is stand around and wait to pounce but there's not much else there to go with plus he always comes up with big goals. Probably should do what Chelsea tried to do to PSG which is be patient and wait for the counter. There's no need to go forward a lot and change and brought you here especially when you dont have the players to do that.

Pandore repped this.
  9. zizouForlife

zizouForlife Member

Jun 3, 2008
  10. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    LOL they cant even score 3 goals in Ligue 1 so I didnt see this coming.

11. Pandore

Pandore Member+

Jun 24, 2014
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Neither did I, but it was a pleasant surprise! I was predicting a draw and then a 1-0 win at home.

I used to like Wenger, but after all his talk of FFP, I'm glad it was Monaco of all teams that put him in his place!

12. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    The comment was made that in Ligue 1 there's not much open spacing like there was in this game and thats true.

Im not mad at Wenger Im mad at people like Labrune and Caizzo/Romeyer who shit on Monaco yet their clubs gave France nothing in terms of UEFA pts index.

13. N. Platini

N. Platini Member

Jan 31, 2006
    Londres
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Wenger is utterly clueless tactically . I'm happy Monaco destroyed them in their ground as all the talk was how Arsenal got a dream draw and etc .

Monaco would have to collapse really really bad for them not to go through now

StarrMatthieu and Pandore repped this.
  14. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
  15. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    Guingamp are getting their butts kicked. The better (richer) team is showing their muscle.

16. StarrMatthieu

StarrMatthieu Member+

Dec 15, 2007
    USA/FRANCE
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    i can't watch this gross match anymore

SportBoy333 repped this.
  17. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    Well Lyon, Lille, and St. Etienne all shamed France in the Europa League so its pathetic they had to rely on the "village" of Guingamp for UEFA pts. Meanwhile Russia who we are battling for 6th place gets 2 teams in the quarter-finals.

StarrMatthieu repped this.
  18. Pandore

Pandore Member+

Jun 24, 2014
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    :):inlove:

Now Monaco needs to make it official next week and we will both advance to the quarter finals! Allez ASM!

19. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    Yeah but sucks that Porto keeps winning.

20. Pandore

Pandore Member+

Jun 24, 2014
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Why? Do we have a chance of surpassing them with the UEFA coefficients? I haven't sat down and worked out the math yet.

21. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    No but Portugal should not be ahead of France. Last time I checked we are fighting with Russia for 6th.

22. CDPontaDelgada

CDPontaDelgada Member+

CD Santa Clara
    Aug 15, 2012
    Ponta Delgada PT
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    All due respect sir but France had their chances and Monaco lost and drew with Benfica who threw away Europe for the sake of the liga

And Porto cruised past Lille in the playoffs

I don't see how France should be ahead of portugal

Financially and stadium wise I can see your points but if that meant anything

Portugal, Russia and Italy would be in the top 10

Results are the deciding factor anyway look foward to Monaco and PSG going far I like french football and both teams have a lot of portuguese Liga ex pats

23. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    France was ahead of them for years. Only recently did Portugal pull ahead.

24. CDPontaDelgada

CDPontaDelgada Member+

CD Santa Clara
    Aug 15, 2012
    Ponta Delgada PT
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    And what you said is true but that was years ago

Not here to troll I like France Ligue 1 think its a vastly underrated league along with the Portuguese league

But both leagues have the same issues

This year France sent in village team Guinigamp and they did well Ligue 1 can't rely on those teams

In portugal our village team this year was Rio Ave and they did so so

But currently and I'm not being bias as my wife hails from Gourin the liga nos is a tad bit better atm

25. CDPontaDelgada

CDPontaDelgada Member+

CD Santa Clara
    Aug 15, 2012
    Ponta Delgada PT
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Fluctuation in League ranking happen all the time

Look at the Eredisivie was once ranked in 6th and risk falling to 13th next year

Behind the Swiss, Greek and Romanian leagues