French Abroad

Discussion in 'France' started by soccer krazy, Jul 7, 2007.

1. AfrcnHrbMan

AfrcnHrbMan Member

Jun 14, 2004
    Philly
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Nice goal. Too bad it wasn't enough to keep Juve from being humiliated at home by a team from a lesser league.

2. zizouForlife

zizouForlife Member

Jun 3, 2008
  3. StarrMatthieu

StarrMatthieu Member+

Dec 15, 2007
    USA/FRANCE
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    thats a good thing he gets goals unlike alot of other crap heads HES STILL WORLD CLASS france is wasting him its really sad

4. AfrcnHrbMan

AfrcnHrbMan Member

Jun 14, 2004
    Philly
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Anelka scored a close range beauty and Saha got two lucky goals in the Everton Chelsea 3-3 goalfest today.
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t1qujSprhpw"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t1qujSprhpw[/ame]

5. StarrMatthieu

StarrMatthieu Member+

Dec 15, 2007
    USA/FRANCE
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    look who got a goal today GUESS WHO!.............
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xX1D-eHD89w"]YouTube- Bari - Juventus 3-1 Highlights 16ª Sky[/ame]

YET AGAIN
    David Trezeguet!

6. soccer krazy

soccer krazy Member

Nov 30, 2005
    California
    Djibril Cisse scored twice yesterday in Panathinaikos 3-0 win in the UEFA CUP :)

7. AfrcnHrbMan

AfrcnHrbMan Member

Jun 14, 2004
    Philly
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Hmm perhaps my ROFLcopter on Cisse's national team aspirations was a tad bit over the top.

Anyway, Benzem just scored for Real on his 22nd birthday to make it 6-0!! I'm hoping los merengues cool a bit before they meet OL in the big cup...

8. AfrcnHrbMan

AfrcnHrbMan Member

Jun 14, 2004
    Philly
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Cisse scored another brace against a newly promoted greek side yesterday. He is still the league's top scorer, and is definatly looking at 20+ this season. I wonder if greek sides employ centerbacks in their league, lol. Just kidding, I think Djibiril just convinced me to catch his next match. I want to see for myself what he's doing out there. I watching a special on him on jour du foot and he seems to really be enjoying his football at the moment.

9. N. Platini

N. Platini Member

Jan 31, 2006
    Londres
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Arsenal beat Aston Villa 3-0 , Diaby played a great game and scored a beautiful solo goal .

This guy has the talent , just needs to step it up more often . That's two performances in a row where Diaby has looked good .

10. AfrcnHrbMan

AfrcnHrbMan Member

Jun 14, 2004
    Philly
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Yea that was undoubtly his best performance of the season. And that finish was classy. It's only a glimspe though of the player that Diaby could be. He is still wildly inconsistent. If only he stayed in France and was playing every week, I'd imagine he'd be much better regular performer. Usually it's due to mental mistakes, and lack of judgment that he looks at his worst. But excellent today.

11. N. Platini

N. Platini Member

Jan 31, 2006
    Londres
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Your right , really he should've stayed in France because I imagine he would be developed more into a confident player . And mentally .

What's his best position you would say ?

12. AfrcnHrbMan

AfrcnHrbMan Member

Jun 14, 2004
    Philly
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    I would probably say center attacking mid. The support striker role suits him almost as well, just he's strike consistency needs to go up. He's a creator, don't like his work too much on the defensive side of the ball. He could be like the everyday go to man in center midfield for a team like Auxerre or Nice. That's why I'm glad guys like Matuidi stick around for bit.

13. soccer krazy

soccer krazy Member

Nov 30, 2005
    California
  14. N. Platini

N. Platini Member

Jan 31, 2006
    Londres
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    I notice that Wenger has used him as a second striker on occassions . I agree that his defensive work lacks , he almost seems lazy to get back and help out .

He knows he's still got alot of improvement to do , so that's a good thing .

That's a good move for him , still I can't help but feel what a wasted talent Florent Sinama Pongolle is .

A perfect example of leaving his homeland too soon .

15. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    Cisse has 15 goals in 24 matches now. He's out performed Gignac and Hoarau combined. I feel he deserves to make the World Cup roster.

16. AfrcnHrbMan

AfrcnHrbMan Member

Jun 14, 2004
    Philly
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    We've got friendlies to see if he really has something to offer us, but I've been impressed with his performance so far. But really, where do you estimate the strength of the greek league to be? I feel its quality is proablably lower than that of Turkey or Russia, that should be taken into concideration as well.

17. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    I read in another thread that the Greek league is the 12th ranked league in Europe or something.

18. AfrcnHrbMan

AfrcnHrbMan Member

Jun 14, 2004
    Philly
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    No offense to the greeks, but that's some pretty crappy defenses he must be facing then. He might as well be playing in ligue 2.

19. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    He scores goals where ever he goes. His goal rate at OM was better than Brandao's is.

20. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    high praise indeed!

21. N. Platini

N. Platini Member

Jan 31, 2006
    Londres
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Even Kezman is outperforming Hoarau currently , it doesn't say much when the guy is injured LMAO . :rolleyes:

You seriously need to stop overrating Cisse , the greek league is shit !

22. StarrMatthieu

StarrMatthieu Member+

Dec 15, 2007
    USA/FRANCE
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    hahahah we should play Matthieu Pokora for the national team at this point LoL:D

23. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    I guess Didier Digard failed abroad because now he's been loaned to Nice.

24. StarrMatthieu

StarrMatthieu Member+

Dec 15, 2007
    USA/FRANCE
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    sounds like sportboy likes psg players;)