FreeKick.org - the game of skill

Discussion in 'Manager Games' started by Supermanager, Oct 9, 2009.

1. Supermanager

Supermanager New Member

Jun 24, 2009
    Is http://www.freekick.org the best choice if you are seeking a football management game?

The answer depends on what you seek. FreeKick.org is the most tactically challenging, logical game with football feeling. It rewards you for great decisions rather than just spending time. It's rather complex, so you should really read the manual, but you also got a personal mentor to help you out.

Features that's just superior:

A balanced economy (based on what managers invest in) and salaries for players
    A fierce anti-cheating system
    Match reports that describes what the match simulation actually does
    Interesting player development (current and potential skills)
    Complex players (no player type gets away with only one skill, but doesn't need a horde of skills)
    Intuitive and meaningful tactical choices to make a difference in each match

Let me tell you more (but short) about the tactical choices.

Team orders:
    Stalling makes both you and your opponent lose opportunities

Opportunistic increases your chance of counterattacks

Long ball gives long passes pass midfield to the attackers

Flexible allows you to use flank defenders to help out in midfield domination, and to use advanced positions without giving away opportunities.

Creative raises the importance of Ball Control to create opportunities in midfield and counters the opportunity loss if your opponent players stalling.

Individual orders
    Each player can use individual orders in defence, midfield and attack. Orders include demanding high or low passes, seeking corner, trying to lob the keeper, shoot power shots, trying to cut of Aerial angles...

Conditional orders
    You can set orders before the match and things are going to happen depending on what conditions you set. Condition can (for example) be in a minute, if you are behind, if the opponent uses a specific player on a specific position or a combination of all above.

What's the reward?
    Today facebook and other sites are full of pointless games where you just should be active an click everywhere. Many manager games is about the same. FreeKick is not. It's about making real quality decisions. If you do you will have success, but how much is dependent on your opponents who are all (except in lowest divisions where there are som computer clubs to fill out) human managers. Can you outwit them?

FreeKick is always improving and becoming better. The game news section will get better at end of season and both really advanced set pieces and match commentators is in the future.

Establish yourself in the management game where skill matters!

2. Clichyftw

Clichyftw New Member

Sep 1, 2008
    Washington DC
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Agreed, its a great game. What is your team/user name over there?

3. Supermanager

Supermanager New Member

Jun 24, 2009
    My club is Love, Love, Love. I am exploring a lot this season to find several ways to success, so don't harass my performance ;)

I plan to recruit players to promote next season.