free online soccer management game, www.trophymanager.com

Discussion in 'Games' started by brine, Oct 7, 2006.

1. brine

brine Member

Jan 8, 2002
    San Diego, CA
    I just wanted to post a quick word about this game for anyone in the US who may be interested. I'm trying to grow the US leagues of an online soccer management game!

There's a great online soccer management game online at http://www.trophymanager.com

You can start your own soccer club and compete against other managers from around the US and the world, just using your browser. Build your youth teams, expand your stadium, grow your fanbase...3 games/week and built like the old series of CM/FM games, this is a lot of fun if you're into soccer.

All for free. Teams registering now!

If anyone else here already plays, my club is FC Cape May in the US Major League...hit me up for a friendly sometime!

2. rscaramelo

rscaramelo Coach/Hack Defender

May 5, 1999
    MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Joined yesterday. Looks good. I'll be hitting you up for a match soon.

RC
    RFC Colonials

3. Dave Brull

Dave Brull Member

Mar 9, 2001
    Mayfield Hts, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You're Cape May? I have the honor of meeting you in the second round of the Open Cup. I couldn't believe my friggin luck.

As far as management games go I enjoy this one. The game engine is pretty good and I enjoy the chairmanship aspect of the game.

4. OU9601

OU9601 Member

Jul 12, 2003
    Lancaster, Ohio
    FC Bobcats -- US 2nd Division.

Good times. I like this a lot -- season moves along quickly, and there's always plenty to do -- like look for a decent forward.

5. cpwilson80

cpwilson80 Member+

Mar 20, 2001
    Boston
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thanks for the link, I just signed up. My team is AC Boston, and I'm in the 4th division.

Any tips for a new player?

6. PFSIKH

PFSIKH Member

Nov 1, 1999
    ClarkVegas
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yes, send all your best players to Boston United. ;)

If you need a friendly send an offer.

7. OU9601

OU9601 Member

Jul 12, 2003
    Lancaster, Ohio

Sounds more like a derby than a friendly...

I bombed out of the 3rd round of OC play -- 3 suspended and 4 injured starters were a bit much to overcome...

8. cpwilson80

cpwilson80 Member+

Mar 20, 2001
    Boston
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Trophymanager.com

I've gotten into this game. I like the quick pace, and my team has done a decent job thus far.

I'm surprised there aren't more US teams around -- it'd be nice if the transfer market weren't 25% Danish ;)

9. Garrettt

Garrettt Member

Jun 30, 2003
    Canton, GA
    It is fun. I am also getting quite addicted! I wish I could double time my construction crews....level up that youth development!

10. OU9601

OU9601 Member

Jul 12, 2003
    Lancaster, Ohio
    Re: Trophymanager.com

If you're bored some time check out all the Danish divisions...there seems to be hundreds of them. Each division has a multitude of groups.

In Trophy Manager, the Danes are the new Brazilians...

11. brine

brine Member

Jan 8, 2002
    San Diego, CA
    I've busted out of the US Open Cup, but I'm still on top of the US MLS, at this writing...we'll see how the second half of the season proceeds.

For those wondering, this game was written by danish developers. The danish leagues have better youth prospects...

that's my tip for the day! good luck!

12. OU9601

OU9601 Member

Jul 12, 2003
    Lancaster, Ohio

I noticed your stud kid MC Lerbye is a Dane. He'll be awesome in a year or two...of course, in the Danish Leagues, there's 25 like him in each league...to think we're never going to be as good as Denmark.

13. brine

brine Member

Jan 8, 2002
    San Diego, CA
    That shouldn't be funny, but it is...

Truth is, there is only a 5% disparity between newly created teams. With 2 seasons head-start, some Danish teams will use that advantage...but we'll catch up.

I'm gonna rock my way through Champions League when it arrives; Danes or not.

14. helmzgk

helmzgk New Member

Jun 14, 2002
    california
    Hey guys.

I just started playing trophy manager this week and it's pretty cool. I just played my first game against an unavailable team and came away with a 1-0 win. However of my guys were injured.

My question on the injuries. They both have a red cross and a "9" next to it. Does that mark how many days or how many weeks they are out? Or does it mean something completely different?

Thanks for any help.

15. usasoccerhooligan

May 1, 2005
    started playing this week and it's a great game. i'm in USA Fifth Division Group 1-SC Fire 97.

great options with everything from facilities to a multitude of formations and tactics. always something to do.

16. helmzgk

helmzgk New Member

Jun 14, 2002
    california
    USAsoccerholigan-

Ha! You just beat me 4-1 in a friendly. I'm playing as tornadoes ASC. I'll see you again in a week or two.

BTW, is it just me or does the transfer market in the game lack options. There aren't exactly a lot of quality guys on there that are affordable.

17. usasoccerhooligan

May 1, 2005
    ha, it was a good game though. i was sweating it in the first half with all of those shots you had. good luck in the league.

18. OU9601

OU9601 Member

Jul 12, 2003
    Lancaster, Ohio

Your injured player is out 9 games.

A tip -- upgrade your stadium, your medical center, your field, all that stuff...(but not too much. Make sure you can afford everything BEFORE you build it). For the first season, you'll be constantly losing guys to injury. Fight through it, and as you get be facilities, those numbers will drop.

Good luck to you.

19. helmzgk

helmzgk New Member

Jun 14, 2002
    california
    9 games, huh? crap. Two of my best three are out for nine games and I'm not having much luck in the transfer market.

Thanks for the tips on upgrading the stadium. I've worked on a few things, but not too many. I can afford a medical center.

20. usasoccerhooligan

May 1, 2005
    welp it looks like i'll be in the american 5th division for another year. technically i still have a chance to be promoted with one game left in the season, but there's about 7 very specific outcomes that HAVE to happen. next year, when i get to play more than 4 games, will be better.

btw, helmzgk, good luck even though your game is one of the however many games i need people to lose or draw. maybe i'll get to beat a 4th division side in that friendly on the 12th. ;)

21. helmzgk

helmzgk New Member

Jun 14, 2002
    california

Thanks, and good luck to you as well. I'm still not completely comfortable with the game yet, but I'm doing better here than in Hattrick. We'll probably be seeing each other again next year.

22. epheifer

epheifer Member

Oct 2, 2006
    Minnesota
    You guys will probably be promoted no matter where you finish in the 5th division. There are inactive teams in the first couple divisions that will likely be deleted at the end of the season. Since there is only one group in division five this means you will only need 9 or 10 inactives to move up. Good to see we keep growing. Good luck guys. Maybe we will be grouped together next season. I'm Gilman FC.

23. usasoccerhooligan

May 1, 2005
    wow, i didn't even think about that. you, sir, are a visionary. or maybe just more familiar with the game. or maybe both. you take your pick.

btw, is there any symbol that shows a team is inactive?

24. helmzgk

helmzgk New Member

Jun 14, 2002
    california
    I generally just look at their uniforms. If the uniforms are still brown, pink, and purple, I assume they are inactive. I do wonder if there is a more "official" way of determining that, though.

25. epheifer

epheifer Member

Oct 2, 2006
    Minnesota
    as far as I can tell there is no official way of telling if a team is inactive. However, there are few things that may hint at it. One is if they never add new players, especially young ones. If someone's squad is at 25, they obviously never get their youths or anyone from the transfer list. Another thing I look at is the games played by their players. If the computer picks the team, then the same players will play every game. A human manager would change up his lineup. I also look for little clues in the match report. If a team always plays a balanced 4-4-2, chances are they are a bot. If a team also doesn't play friendlies, this may be a sign. Now realize a team has to be inactive for a WHOLE season. Therefore, teams in division 4 and 5 are new this season(I believe) and even though many of the teams managers are not active, they will likely not be deleted as long as their manager logged in just once. I think most of the deletions will come from the upper divisions.

Unfortunately, the deletions don't seem like they will help me seeing as how I am a middle of the pack division 4 team. So maybe I will be seeing you guys in my group next season.