FREDDY ADU

Discussion in 'Tampa Bay Rowdies' started by nealesk, Jul 11, 2015.

1. Rahbiefowlah

Rahbiefowlah Member+

Oct 22, 2001
    Las Vegas
    I watched the last 15. He started playing pretty far forward and then settled in at right mid. Had some good touches, ran a counter attack perfectly on his assist. Really subtle pass to get his assist.

He beat his guy to the line once and before, with his first touch, lofted a great right footed ball that almost connected with his forward.

He played well in his limited time.

2. NewSoccerJunky

May 20, 2012
    So cap him now right?

3. Anthony

Anthony Member+

Chelsea
    United States
    Aug 20, 1999
    Chicago
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Right after Ricketts

4. Roger Allaway

Roger Allaway Member+

Apr 22, 2009
    Warminster, Pa.
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Been there. Done that.

5. gmonn

gmonn Member+

Dec 8, 2005
    Good time to remember BB got past his Gold Cup semi thanks to Freddy, who changed that Panama game significantly. It was our loss not to have someone like Freddy waiting in the wings against Jamaica.

6. Zoidberg

Zoidberg Member+

Jun 23, 2006
    Good time to remember that Bob didn't give up on a hapless Freddy, and gave him the opp when no one in their right mind would. I like how you spin it to take a shot at BB, which is just another in a long line of things you have been insufferably wrong about, and ignorantly wrong about sonce you joined....but you ignore and sweep those away, the internet s great for that, isn't it?

BB's teams were not as pathetically outplayed, out shot, out hustled, out coached, as ours were this GC. Not even close.

Rongen will be it for Freddy. If he can't get anything out of him....no one will.

Think he will do fine.

7. gmonn

gmonn Member+

Dec 8, 2005
    Not a shot at Bob at all. I totally agreed with him on that call and wasn't surprised at what Freddy did for us. The so-called "right-minds" are pretty lemming-like. Sunil might have been unimpressed with Freddy being our saviour then, though--he probably thought that wouldn't be the way to consistent progress, which I can't argue with.

Klinsmann is too much about the strong worker bee. It will create that diagonal line up on the success graph over time, but it's boring and incremental for the fans. We need some of that underdog magic back that people like Freddy bring.

Freddy and Rongen is great, hopefully he's not done with the Nats yet.

8. XaviusX

XaviusX Member

Mar 21, 2001
    Tampa, Florida
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Our attacking for the past 3 matches has been stagnant/non-existent. Freddy needs to start against Carolina this Saturday. When he came on as a sub vs. FTL, our attack, in an instant, looked way more dangerous. Based on that alone, he's already deserved a place in the starting lineup.

G Enriquez repped this.
  9. G Enriquez

G Enriquez Member+

Apr 1, 2002
    Tampa
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    "Hear, hear!"

10. BGSUSoccerFan423

Jul 2, 2011
    Cleveland
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    When he got in the game. Everybody kept looking for him and playing a pass to him. And that's what he does best. You feed him and he'll create chances. Some people can't understand why Freddy still continues to have supporters around these parks. If you don't understand then I suggest you look at the Gold Cup for answers. It doesn't matter what thread he occupies on this board. I say the same thing. Name one person in our pool that has his technical ability. You might be able to find one. THAT'S IT! I'm not going to go off topic because this isn't the USMNT board but you can see why he will always keep a job in soccer for a long time.

Drippingmilk repped this.
  11. Scottt1115

Scottt1115 Member

Sep 14, 2003
    SLC, UT
    Really hoping that, for his sake, he can turn things around. He's led a very interesting roller coaster life for the past decade. It would be great for him to find some stability. At any level. Here's hoping he can stick with the Rowdies for a couple years at least. His touch on the ball will always bring me back to his threads to see how he's doing. Hope he can make it work.

It's good to hear that his first game back he looked pretty good. Forget about the scoreline or the result of the game. For him, just feeling like he contributed in his 15 minutes is a good first step to build confidence. However, people have to stop gushing about an "assist" in his first game back. Anybody awarding Adu an assist for that goal should be an ashamed statistician. Yes, Adu was the last person besides the goal scorer to touch the ball, but his pass didn't really lead to the goal in any way. The pass trajectory was almost as much to the sideline, was barely in stride with the runner, and required the goal scorer to carry the ball 30 yards on his own, beat a defender in the process, and roof the keeper at the near post. It was a fantastic goal. But I wouldn't award an assist to anybody for it.

aveslacker repped this.
  12. Burr

Burr Member+

Boca Juniors
    Argentina
    Jul 8, 2014
    Tampa, FL
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    True that. The assist was a stretch. I agree. I hope we give him more than just the rest of this season to stick. Especially with how little he's making.

13. USAsports6

USAsports6 Member+

FC Dallas
    United States
    Oct 17, 2014
    Club:
    Indy Eleven
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I hope Freddy does well, I think him ever getting back into the MNT picture is a massive stretch, but hey Ibarra got into it in the NASL so maybe Adu can. He's gotta be a stud though which isn't a sure thing for him.

14. RMCFkevin

RMCFkevin Member+

Nov 20, 2008
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I hope Freddy does well here. I followed him growing up here in the states and always have been interested in tracking his career. Will be catching the match on watchespn on delay late late Saturday night.

There was some discussion of the documentary featuring Rowdies coach Thomas Rongen starring in a documentary next goal wins. I actually just watched it the other day here for free

http://putlocker.ms/watch-next-goal-wins-online-free-putlocker-2014.html

Glad I found it, free wouldn't pay for it

15. Burr

Burr Member+

Boca Juniors
    Argentina
    Jul 8, 2014
    Tampa, FL
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Bad news...

16. mikef620

mikef620 Member

Dec 22, 2013
    Club:
    2 de Mayo
  17. Rahbiefowlah

Rahbiefowlah Member+

Oct 22, 2001
    Las Vegas

Not sure if pun...

bigredfutbol and Burr repped this.
  18. mikef620

mikef620 Member

Dec 22, 2013
    Club:
    2 de Mayo
    Hey freddy, wake up, this is your last chance. No more fake injuries for loss of conditioning. Stop partying and start soccering.

NicktheGreek repped this.
  19. NicktheGreek

NicktheGreek Member+

Feb 15, 2001
    God is merciful

20. Roger Allaway

Roger Allaway Member+

Apr 22, 2009
    Warminster, Pa.
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't agree that this is his last chance. It seems like there will always be some team out there willing to ignore his track record and give him a shot. And looking at it from those teams' perspective, it may not be a bad idea. He is a short-term publicity boost that is beneficial to them.

ChrisSSBB repped this.
  21. Burr

Burr Member+

Boca Juniors
    Argentina
    Jul 8, 2014
    Tampa, FL
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Official team Twitter has nothing this time, but found this from a reporter.

Achilles injury? For real?

22. Rahbiefowlah

Rahbiefowlah Member+

Oct 22, 2001
    Las Vegas
    [​IMG]

This party sure died

Crewmudgeon repped this.
  23. brentgoulet

brentgoulet Member+

Oct 12, 2005
    PuertoPlata, DomRep