Freakin crewzers

Discussion in 'La Norte' started by DCunitedcrazy, May 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DCunitedcrazy

DCunitedcrazy New Member

Mar 21, 2008
    Winchester, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think it was more than one fan though:confused:

cause in think i heared more than one voice

2. BBBulldog

BBBulldog Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 25, 2004
    Dinamo Zagreb
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Croatia
    it's 1 guy 1 time unless there's more videos ;)

3. Darth Norteño

Darth Norteño With Buddha In My Fists

The Arsenal
    Wales
    Dec 9, 2003
    laceyforest.arl.va
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Wales
    Well, the Revoltin' fans will probably milk it for all its worth; they started with that "No Racism in MLS" banner on Thursday.

4. ShannonS

ShannonS New Member

Jul 17, 2007
    Not here
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hey, don't hate on Ohioans! I'm from Dayton, Ohio and that shit was never tolerated. There are morons and rednecks everywhere, not just the midwest.

5. DCunitedcrazy

DCunitedcrazy New Member

Mar 21, 2008
    Winchester, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    found another video watch before its taken down
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xPOixi5I6lY

this is an exerpt from an article on mls-rumors.com

"while further investigating this story we came across a 2nd video posted on Youtube which is shot from a slightly different perspective. Apparently this video also aired on Ohio's Fox 28 News so they must have heard what we heard.

One of the chief "defenses" of the Crew supporters has been that "it was only one guy". But the following video shows that at least two people in that section shouted racism towards New England's Dube and Joseph.

On the video you can still hear the guy who shouted the the N-word." But slightly before him you hear a different voice shout "White Power" at 0:33 and then our original mystery racist shouts almost in agreement at 0:36 "You ********ing n*gger!" which is fainter in this video and we also hear the n-word a 2nd time, which we didn't in the original video. We have saved the video and plan to forward it to league headquarters to aid in their investigation.
    A deeper issue is how it is possible that so many people no doubt heard these two racists and yet did absolutely nothing about them? It is clear from the position of this video in relation to the original one that the players on the pitch most likely heard the racist epithets and more importantly a wide swatch of fans between the Nordeck and wherever this was shot all were within ear shot of the original racist Crew supporter yet in doing nothing, gave tacit approval to him and the other guy who shouted "White Power!"

Additionally on WBNS 10, a Columbus local affiliate's 11pm news a Crew fan and eyewitness to the events named Chris Jewl was in the section likely shown in midfield section the above posted video an went on to say he heard multiple people making racial slurs towards New England players so it is now clear that more than one drunk racist guy on the Nord-ecke was hurling racist epithets at New England players but rather several people. Which means the problem is likely larger than the "one bad apple" turn of events offered by Crew supporters groups, and likely is larger than their supporters groups themselves since if this guy heard them in another section of the stadium and this video clearly picks up more from outside of the supporters corner then this is not a Crew supporters group problem but one of several racist Crew fans in general throughout Columbus Crew Stadium.

When we were sent the original video the person sending the link to us said that supporters, plural, were being racist and one was caught on camera. That in no way limits the problem to just that one supporter and when we tried to make this point we were attacked for "blowing the whole thing out of proportion" and "making a mountain out of a molehill" and "MLS Rumors is as bad as the racist."

6. DCunitedcrazy

DCunitedcrazy New Member

Mar 21, 2008
    Winchester, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Another article om mlsrumors.com

What caused Crew supporters, who for the most part were a docile bunch for 12 years of MLS existence to act out in such a way?

We believe it was a siege mentality and embarrassment after over 2,000 Toronto FC fans made Crew Stadium their home on a road trip from Toronto earlier this season.

This was coupled with a Millwall-like siege mentality: "Everybody hates us and we don't care!"

Frustration seemed to grow into a call for ideas on how to become more and more intimidating to opposing teams.

Instead of simply creating large scale tifo displays some Crew Supporters seemed to decide it would be far easier to just take the practice of throwing streamers on the pitch to include hard objects and to take verbal abuse to another level in the form of racial abuse.

Supporter culture in America is a rather new thing with most groups taking their cues from abroad in South America and Europe, places with much older traditions. To have a vibrant and committed supporters culture there is a certain amount of myth making and symbology that is employed, again like most things in this country, borrowed from elsewhere. Unfortunately it seems the Crew picked a bad period in world football and a bad place from which to draw influences.

We've all joked about how Philadelphia would be the "Millwall of MLS" but Columbus Crew supporters seem to be doing their level best to beat them to the punch.....literally. You see Millwall is an English club with a bad reputation of hooliganism and racism.

In Crew fans aim to become more "European Ultra" they chose to call the section where the projectiles and racial abuse was hurled from the Nord-ecke, German for North Corner.

[​IMG]

Take a look at this photo:

It is of a Nazi punk group Warhammer.

[​IMG] Note the logo similarlities to:

[​IMG]

7. DCunitedcrazy

DCunitedcrazy New Member

Mar 21, 2008
    Winchester, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    rest of it

Columbus blog, The Ultra's logo:

[​IMG]
    Compare to Nazi-metal band Wehrmacht:
    [​IMG]

Note the first definition of Ultra in Europe:

ultra
    adj : (used of opinions and actions) far beyond the norm;
    "extremist political views"; "radical opinions on
    education"; "an ultra conservative" [syn: extremist,
    radical]

[​IMG]Noted world football observer, Tim Vickery has said that the passion of the game takes on the characteristics of the culture and society in which it is played. While some wish to dismiss the incidents as the acts of a few, no one can be heard shouting down the racist language or self policing the bottle and banana throwers. What does that say about the culture of Columbus (or lack thereof)?

Further, the kind of culture which can turn the benign practice of throwing streamers during corners to a display and expression of pure hate and intolerance can only grow in an environment favorable to it. One would have to ask why this never happened anywhere else before now.

Perhaps we made a mistake in identifying the "Red Card" chant for "Sieg Hiel" following the use of the N-Word. But can you blame us? We do not speak drunken Columbusian and given what happened in the video just moments before it would hardly be surprising. Likewise we were amazed at the similarities between Crew imagery and Neo Nazi bands.

8. BBBulldog

BBBulldog Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 25, 2004
    Dinamo Zagreb
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Croatia
    this is so stupid, I hope mls rumor tard gets prostate cancer, that site is like the Onion but not funny :D

Millwall of MLS was last seen running through parkin lot like pack of bunny rabbits :D

9. song219

song219 BigSoccer Supporter

Apr 5, 2004
    La Norte
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Vanuatu

I don't know. The last time I was there some 7 year olders did call us poopyheads.

I'm sure zero of the people jumping on the Columbus = KKK bandwagon have actually been there.

10. BBBulldog

BBBulldog Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 25, 2004
    Dinamo Zagreb
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Croatia
    Last time was good times :D

11. Bootsy Collins

Bootsy Collins Player of the Year

Oct 18, 2004
    Capitol Hill
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Uh, why repost this here?

Everyone knows MLS Rumors is just about the crappiest site on the web. And most people who give a shit about this recent episode have already seen this stuff, and already realized it's the most ill-founded, illogical sequence of arguments you could possibly hear/read. It wouldn't pass muster in a high school writing class. For chrissakes, they think the Cross of Lorraine is a Nazi symbol.

I have no love for the Crew or their supporters; and the asshole yelling racial slurs at that match deserves whatever ass-reaming he gets. But everyone realized that MLS Rumors bullshit was ridiculous and awful when we saw it last week. Now it's revivied, and on the Barra forum?

12. enalexander

enalexander Member

Nov 15, 2004
    Delaware & La Norte
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This the La Norte forum, where no dead horse can be beat too much :p

13. BBBulldog

BBBulldog Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 25, 2004
    Dinamo Zagreb
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Croatia
    haha like I wouldn't delete it if this was BB forum :D

14. Bootsy Collins

Bootsy Collins Player of the Year

Oct 18, 2004
    Capitol Hill
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Heh, well, color me completely clueless. Apparently looking up at the forum name is too challenging for me. :eek:

15. LN - Dougg

LN - Dougg Member

Aug 26, 2004
    Dale City, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    Maybe you can just close it then? :)

16. Darth Norteño

The Arsenal
    Wales
    Dec 9, 2003
    laceyforest.arl.va
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Wales
    Not before I run my mouth one last time. :p

That Crew "ultra" crap is just funny; they're not hard enough to be Nazis. They would catch all kinds of hell in detention for such behavior. Oh, the depths to which the V-Army will sink for a bit of attention from their parents.

As for "pure hate and intolerance", well, when you support the Crew, what else do you have, for fuck's sake? And that "siege mentality" line and Millwall comparison is pure plug bull; they should try being surrounded by Club America maniacs and having aluminum and glass bottles thrown at them for two hours, then they can claim siege mentality. Besides, I think we all dealt pretty well with Toronto's less-than-impressive contingent twice now, yeah? ;)

What DOES piss me off, however, is their use of Soviet-style artwork, not because I'm anti-Soviet, but because I've been working on designs like that for La Norte for over two years now. I had some really nice shit whipped up, too; now we're gonna look like copycats next to these tossers. It's just script, though; nothing involving any outstretched fists. Though, that gives me a GREAT idea for an anti-Crew banner that I'll discuss later. :D

Of course, my shit is much better than that tripe. Proceed with closing, if it is indeed the will of the council. [/boromir]

17. song219

song219 BigSoccer Supporter

Apr 5, 2004
    La Norte
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Vanuatu
    FYP :)

18. enalexander

enalexander Member

Nov 15, 2004
    Delaware & La Norte
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That would require the special powers of a La Norte moderator :p

Of which we have none

19. robford2k5

robford2k5 New Member

Mar 15, 2007
    Cap Hill, DC
    So this is thread that doesn't end...yes, it goes on and on my friend...

20. Darth Norteño

The Arsenal
    Wales
    Dec 9, 2003
    laceyforest.arl.va
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Wales
  21. enalexander

enalexander Member

Nov 15, 2004
    Delaware & La Norte
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's the thing that kills me. It was pretty obvious that it was the guy taking the video or someone right next to him. Why would the jackass put it on YouTube???????

22. Darth Norteño

The Arsenal
    Wales
    Dec 9, 2003
    laceyforest.arl.va
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Wales
    Because they're hard-ass Nazi hooligans, that's why. :rolleyes:

Even if they're found out, it's not like anyone there would dime him out. He would have to be caught full-frontal, so to speak, and I doubt Crew Stadium is gonna be fitted with EPL-level CCTV coverage to get this jerk.

23. BBBulldog

BBBulldog Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 25, 2004
    Dinamo Zagreb
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Croatia
    Sachin's your mod :D

24. enalexander

enalexander Member

Nov 15, 2004
    Delaware & La Norte
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You must mean Sasquachin. There've been reported sightings but none of us are sure if he really exists.

25. shawn12011

shawn12011 Member+

Jun 15, 2001
    Reisterstown, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

[​IMG]

Big guy, hairy, wanders the woods. I have heard of him as well but not sure I have actually seen him either. :D