Frank Ribery

Discussion in 'France' started by Diego Londoño, Jun 27, 2006.

1. Diego Londoño

Apr 4, 2000
    Medellín, Colombia
    Hello guys. I´m a colombian sports journalista and I´d like to write about Frank Ribery. Do you Know the story about what happened in his face? It was an accident and how old was he?

I need some interesting information about his life, career and all that you have for me. Thanks.

2. Cool Rob

Cool Rob Member

Sep 26, 2002
    Chicago USA
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This has nothing to do with the request, but I have to say- and I hate France- that Ribery is the coolest player to watch. The guy is fantastic.

3. AfrcnHrbMan

AfrcnHrbMan Member

Jun 14, 2004
    Philly
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Uh thanks i guess....

4. ribery57

ribery57 New Member

Jun 12, 2006
    France
    Don't forget to talk about his short contract in Metz.

First game where he impressed everyone in Ligue 1 : Metz-Lyon, with an incredible goal.

5. Diego Londoño

Apr 4, 2000
    Medellín, Colombia
    Thanks guys. It will be very useful for me. Do you know about actual French National Team interesting biographies? What things can you tell abou it?

6. Seigneurie

Seigneurie New Member

Jun 26, 2006
    Club:
    Tours FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    there is a good article about Ribery here

7. Diego Londoño

Apr 4, 2000
    Medellín, Colombia
    Thanks Seigneurie, that´s good.

How about other interesting French players bio? It´s not necessary about Le Bleus players, maybe Le Championat foreigners players. See you soon.

8. before

before New Member

Jul 3, 2006
    France
  9. Diego Londoño

Apr 4, 2000
    Medellín, Colombia
    Excellent. What do you know about Ribery´s probable transfer to Olympique de Lyon or an English Premier League team? Will he be really the next soccer star in Le Bleus?

10. FARFAN 17

FARFAN 17 Member

Jan 29, 2005
    Back in NJ :(
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    Ribery is great, I remember I used to watch him before he hit the spotlight in this WC. He was my favorite player in WE9 Master League :D

11. edgarr

edgarr BigSoccer Yellow Card

Aug 31, 2005
    he is awesome he does pass the ball not like c ronaldo

12. before

before New Member

Jul 3, 2006
    France
    Actually, it's difficult to know where he will transfer... BTW it makes no doubt to me that he will leave OM for another team (and honestly, he really deserves it, because he's truely the best there and has nothing to learn from his team-mates and from a season in the French Championship only).

As for now, he looks like very close to Henry in the French team; and my guess is that he will choose a team with his 'heart'. I don't know if Arsenal has already made an offer (and if they will do so), but Henry and Arsène Wenger are both impressed by Ribéry and I'll not be surprised to look at him playing as a Gunner soon. (I'm sure Henry wants him to transfer to Arsenal... Since he has been chosen to stay in England instead of moving to Spain, Henry hardly wants a great team for Arsenal and their new stadium).

OL President, Mr. Aulas is making lot of noise for him, but does Ribéry really want to play for Lyon? That's the question... I would say 'yes' if he doesn't recieve an offer from another great club where he has freind(s) or an offer of a 'galactic salary'. :rolleyes:

I think this transfer will give the answer to your last question 'Will he be really the next soccer star in Le Bleus?'... :) I really hope so!

13. PFloup

PFloup Member

Jan 11, 2006
    I heard somewhere that out of all the EPL teams interested in Ribéry he would want to play for Arsenal. That says something.

14. DanRod78

DanRod78 New Member

Mar 30, 2003
    Kansas City, KS
    I read somewhere that one of the guys running for president of Real Madrid wanted Ribery.
    I don't know if the one that won the elections wants him.

15. before

before New Member

Jul 3, 2006
    France
    It seems that Arsenal made an offer (nearly the same amount as the one proposed by the Olympique Lyonnais)... but the Real Madrid might have taken the lead. ;)

16. Diego Londoño

Apr 4, 2000
    Medellín, Colombia
    Is really probably that Ribery could move to Lyonnais from Marseille? I don´t know anything about the relationship between the two clubs suppotters. Can it be good for the Marseille´s fans affects?

17. ilv2

ilv2 New Member

May 30, 2004
    L'abbaye de Leffe
    i'd rather he develop well at arsenal w/ wenger and henry rather than that pit known as the bernabeu. at least this way, he'll get a decent amount of playing time and better coaching. (i'm not doubting capello, but wenger would help franck infinitely more)

18. mikeb3142

mikeb3142 Member

Jun 30, 2001
    Pasadena CA
    I agree. Arsenal would be a great fit for him. Ljungberg may be leaving at the end of the coming season and Frank would be a natural replacement for him.

19. ilv2

ilv2 New Member

May 30, 2004
    L'abbaye de Leffe
    save for the ultras, on a general level there's nothing between the fans. Everybody pretty much accepts that the best team is lyon so if a talented player were to stay in france chances are he might go to lyon for the CL experience (and trophies of course).

20. mikeb3142

mikeb3142 Member

Jun 30, 2001
    Pasadena CA
    How is this for a line-up btw?

-------Henry------van Persie--------

--Reyes------Rosicky-------Ribery---

---------------Cesc----------------

-Cole---Toure--Senderos----Eboue-

------------Lehmann---------------

Not to mention a bench w/ Hleb, G. Silva, Clichy, Adebayor, etc.

21. ilv2

ilv2 New Member

May 30, 2004
    L'abbaye de Leffe
    cesc starts over g.silva? i don't know arsenal too well, but i get the impression that cesc distributes on a level the brazilian only dreams of but doesn't really do the defensive stuff.

22. Diego Londoño

Apr 4, 2000
    Medellín, Colombia
    I hope that. Arsenal needs someone in the midfield helping to the defense. If you don´t play with this kind of player, it will be the same that Rela Madrid.

Which one team is going to be the Ribery´s future? Will he continue in Marseille or is changing for the present season?

23. Hexenmeister

Hexenmeister Member

Aug 9, 2000
    Kearney, MO
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Diouf seems pretty adamant about keeping him.

http://home.skysports.com/list.asp?hlid=404112&CPID=24&clid=144&lid=11&title=L'OM+stand+firm+over+Ribery

Now that I can no longer watch Ligue 1 coverage, I'm quite selfishly hoping that he does actually make a move to Arsenal.

24. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    He's being linked with lots of clubs. Bayren Munich even.