Former legendary player, future legendary coach? - The Zizou Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Hendrix22, Apr 15, 2014.

1. Hendrix22

Hendrix22 Member+

Feb 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
  2. RoyalWhites

RoyalWhites Member

Jan 16, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    For some reason I see him leaving and then coming back in the future. He seems like a guy that likes challenges and because of that, I don't see him sticking around. He will be back though.

If he becomes the next coach of Real Madrid, that means Ancelotti would have to retire. I don't see Zidane taking the job if Ancelotti is fired. He seems very loyal and that would mean he got Ancelotti fired if he was to take the job after him being fired.

It is usually frowned upon in sports for an assistant to take over the fired coaches job.

3. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    Which is why it's highly unlikely he'll be the assistant next year.

4. Laaura

Laaura Member+

Apr 2, 2009
    Manchester
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
  5. MiamiNative0722

MiamiNative0722 Member+

May 25, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I hope he becomes a great coach.

6. Excape Goat

Excape Goat Member+

Mar 18, 1999
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    With due respect, he has not earned it as a coach. France turned him down for Deschamps because he did not have the experience. Real Madrid is the biggest club in the world. It is the most prestigious job in the world. Ancelotti and Mourinho were among the best in the world. Even when Ancelotti is signed, some people questioned that. Di Stefano spent over a decade coaching everywhere. He won a La Liga title and a Cup Winners' Cup before he returned to Real Madrid. Zidane's resume read: "assistant coach less than a year". I never met Zidane. I do not know about his knowledge of the game. I do not know his leadership quality. So I do not know if he can step up from zero to the highest level. So it is better if he moves to another club. If he does well, he can return. If he does poorly, we can just move onward as well.

BTW, what is up with Raul? He also wanted that job.

7. HZinho

HZinho Member+

Apr 2, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I thought Raul didn't want it? I thought he wanted a job like a Valdano before him. As a sporting director. Correct me if I'm wrong. I remember Raul saying something like that in an interview.

Anyway, if Raul wanted the job, then there is no one out there that has meant more to the club. If he wants it, we should at least provide him with the necessary steps. Raul is still the biggest of all.

8. natenate101

natenate101 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 16, 2006
    California, US
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Would be a shame to see him leave now, but it would be understandable. Who knows how he'll be as a coach? I just admire that passion of such a legend to want to pass on his knowledge and take on the challenge. I'm sure we will all follow his exploits wherever he ends up.

9. mymy33

mymy33 BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 15, 2007
    He has to go, especially if he wants to come back here. Ancelotti gave an interview talking about Zidane and said the Frenchman talked to the players more than he did because its strange to talk to players who don't play much especially...something along those lines. We all know the rapport he has developed as a friend and mentor to these players but that dynamic changes out of necessity as a head coach. Going away and coming back "new" would be the most beneficial thing for everyone imo.

10. Excape Goat

Excape Goat Member+

Mar 18, 1999
    Club:
    Real Madrid

I am getting old. I do not actually remember what Raul said he wanted to do.

11. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    Honestly, I'd promote Morientes to take over that role. Is that considered a promotion?

12. raven3k

raven3k Member+

May 31, 2007
    Madrista land
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    #12 raven3k, Jun 24, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 24, 2014
    S1na, zohee, Lyra and 2 others repped this.
  13. Excape Goat

Excape Goat Member+

Mar 18, 1999
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    So will he be in charge of Enzo? Please don't do it. I am advising him as a father to another father.

Deep Pal repped this.
  14. zohee

zohee Member+

May 28, 2011
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Slovenia
    I like it. This will give him the sort of experience he needs, while still being in the club.

Benavente better be his favourite player. :mad:

15. Hendrix22

Hendrix22 Member+

Feb 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Looks like a downgrade. Who will be our now assistant then?

Excape Goat and Deep Pal repped this.
  16. Tobias19

Tobias19 Member+

Feb 2, 2014
    Sweden
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Sweden
    Hopefully he can be the manager of Real Madrid in a few years time

17. mymy33

Aug 15, 2007
    Enzo doesn't play for Castilla.

18. Deep Pal

Deep Pal Member+

Jun 19, 2013
    India,Kolkata
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    India
    Has Paul Clement left ?

19. Hendrix22

Hendrix22 Member+

Feb 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    There were reports he will, either way, Zidane leaving doesn't require a replacement?

20. Deep Pal

Deep Pal Member+

Jun 19, 2013
    India,Kolkata
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    India
    There were some news about Mauro Tasotti taking up the spot , will be good , he can also break a nose if required ;)

S1na and Hendrix22 repped this.
  21. Excape Goat

Excape Goat Member+

Mar 18, 1999
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Within a few years!

22. mymy33

Aug 15, 2007
    Unless he is a really, really late bloomer I kinda doubt it. He's 19, think about other talented players his age, they're not aspiring to play for their sides 'B' tean "in a few years" just sayin'....

23. MadridOzil

MadridOzil Member+

Jun 6, 2011
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    No and he won't be, atleast for the upcoming season.

natenate101 repped this.
  24. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    I didn't think there was any actual reports of that, it's something I brought up as a possibility if he was to leave Milan because Seedorf was looking to change the staff. Not sure about that anymore since Pippo might keep him around.

I think this is a good move for everyone involved. He stays within in the club and gets to manage his own team. It'll be interesting to see how Castilla play next year; hopefully, the first team and youth team will be on the same page for once.