Formations Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Umar, May 10, 2010.

1. ImOnFire15

ImOnFire15 New Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I don't think Real Madrid bought him to ride the bench. Then again it's Real Madrid...

2. fierro

fierro Member+

Jan 30, 2007
    El Chuco
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ideally he will work hard, be ready to play when called upon, and earn his way into the starting lineup. I don't think Real Madrid buys anyone to ride the bench at least not as long as there is a cantera.;)

3. Raul-7

Raul-7 Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Aug 17, 2006
    [lineup-4-4-2]Benzema, Higuain, Ozil, Lass, Xabi, Ronaldo, Marcelo, Carvalho, Pepe, Ramos, Casillas[/lineup-4-4-2]

Substitute Canales for Xabi or Lass for more creative input. Di Maria for Ozil.

[LINEUP-4-3-3]Di Maria, Higuain, Ronaldo, Canales, Lass, Xabi, Marcelo, Carvalho, Pepe,Ramos, Casillas[/LINEUP-4-3-3]

4. blanc

blanc Member

Jan 13, 2006
    Los Galácticos
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Casillas (c)
    Ramos/Arbeloa - Carvalho/Garay - Pepe/Albiol - Marcelo/Drenthe/Arbeloa
    Xabi - Lass/Khedira
    Ronaldo - Canales/Ozil/VdV/Kaka (lol) - Di Maria/Pedro Leon
    Higuain/Benzema​

5. Andrew R

Andrew R New Member

Jul 25, 2010
    I have yet to see a single match for Madrid coming into this new season. Could some give me a basic review of our new signings, lassana diara and how we are playing in general?

6. ssabripo

ssabripo New Member

Jul 12, 2006
    Miami, Fl
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    just ignore him....he's by far the absolute, most useless, most disrespectful poster on here. How he hasn't gotten banned for his sheer volume of stupidity and pompousness is dumbfounding. Put him in your Ignore list and you will have a much enjoyable time here on bigsoccer.;)

7. El-CapitanoR7

El-CapitanoR7 Member

Oct 30, 2008
    La la land
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    C'mon guys, easy on the " You act like a man " jokes :p.

8. Lockjaw

Lockjaw BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 8, 2004
    Kaiserslautern
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I couldn't disagree with this post more. Instead your attitude should be, if you can't run with the big dogs - stay on the porch.

9. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    Boo, you use to give me a "talking to" when I use to hammer posters. Don't tell me one of the millions of Lockjaws has finally come to the dark side? :eek: :D

10. ssabripo

ssabripo New Member

Jul 12, 2006
    Miami, Fl
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    first part of season (due to injuries, new players, etc), I see it as:

[LINEUP-4-4-2]CR7, Higuain, di Maria, Xabi Alonso, Khedira, Pedro Leon, Marcelo, Carvahlo, Ramos, Arbeloa, casillas[/LINEUP-4-4-2]

once the guys are in the groove, and Mourinho is getting them to play his style, I can see it going:

[LINEUP-4-3-3]CR7, Higuain, Pedro Leon/DiMaria, Xabi Alonso, Ozil/Canales, Khedira, Marcelo, Pepe, Carvahlo/Albiol, Ramos, Casillas[/LINEUP-4-3-3]

11. osnap427

osnap427 Member

Jun 7, 2009
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    err, what? I've been on here over a year. I'm not going to ignore anyone, I like hearing differing opinions.

12. Umar

Umar Member+

Sep 13, 2005
    One step ahead
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Palestine
    I'm ok with a bit of off-topic talk from time to time, but this convo is not adding much substance to the thread tbh. It's no-ones fault in particular, but can we please get back to formation-posting and talk?

Thanks.

13. ImOnFire15

ImOnFire15 New Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I rather have Benzema start than Di Maria. Benzema can score and he can also cross.

14. osnap427

osnap427 Member

Jun 7, 2009
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    If Alonso gets injured through the season I'd like to see us try something like this against a weaker team:

--------------------Casillas
    ----Ramos------Pepe------Carvalho-----Marcelo
    ---------------------Lass
    ---------------Özil-------Canales
    -----Ronaldo-----------------------Di Maria
    -------------------Higuain

Since Mourinho stated Özil could play in a more reserved role, and Canales has been playing as a CM/CAM in preseason.

15. Realmadrid43v3r

Jul 20, 2009
    Virginia
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    I'm aware of Ozil's offensive qualities but how is he defensively? If Alonso gets injured, I could see Khedira/Gago starting next to Lass. Not quite sure how that line up would do against counter attacks.

Now that Sabripo mentioned possible starting line up against Mallorca, I could probably expect the following:

-------------Iker-----------
    -Arbeloa--Ramos--Carvalho--Marcelo
    ----------Lass--Xabi-----------
    --Pedro--Canales/Ozil--Ronaldo---
    ------------Higuain------------

Considering how well we've done using two wingers, I'm hoping Mourinho will use this line up.

I wonder if Ozil will start against Hercules this Sunday, I'm looking forward to it.

16. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    Did you see that insanity of an offside goal Di Maria scored against Standard Liege? He can score as well..

17. Breakfast

Breakfast Member

Jun 16, 2009
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    With the players we have we could probably make two decent line-ups with different players.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

18. Joten

Joten New Member

Jul 31, 2009
    I love these lineups, but I'd like to see Özil start and Canales play second. I don't know how likely that is to happen, though.

19. ImOnFire15

ImOnFire15 New Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Benzema can score more. Bettrer finishing.

20. EstebanGranero23

Sep 25, 2005
    Dubai, UAE
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    smh

21. ImOnFire15

ImOnFire15 New Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Best formations.

22. Alma Merengue

Alma Merengue Member+

May 5, 2005
    Thank you for that.

23. Alma Merengue

Alma Merengue Member+

May 5, 2005
    According to Marca, Mourinho is starting to work with that will be his first starting eleven of the season:

Casillas, Arbeloa, Sergio Ramos, Carvalho, Marcelo, Xabi Alonso, Gago, Ozil, Canales, Cristiano Ronaldo, Higuaín

They do question if Khedira will come in for Gago.

Edit: I should add that his is based on 15 minutes of press access to today's session.

24. WhiteBlood

WhiteBlood BigSoccer Supporter

May 31, 2006
    Kuwait
    Canales & Ozil ey? Who wouldve thunk it.

Arbeloa out at RB with Ramos at CB for the whole season? Or is this just because of injuries right now? We know for a fact that Mourinho really wanted Ramos to play CB for him this season, but outwide going from having Maicon there to Arbeloa is quite the downgrade. Perhaps our rightside wouldnt be as offensive as it has been these past couple of seasons with Ramos having to bomb all the way forward, sort of a balance thing, Arbs chilling Marcelo bombing ey?

Cant wait for this dam season to begin, we better not drop any points at fricking Sporting in a lame 0-0 draw!

25. Alma Merengue

Alma Merengue Member+

May 5, 2005
    I am pretty sure it is only because of injuries.

At Mallorca.