For my fellow Gooners - 2 episodes of "What's In The Closet?" for you

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by BIGHMW, Apr 23, 2017.

1. BIGHMW

BIGHMW Member+

Oct 10, 2010
    Port Townsend, WA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

My Invincibles collection

and

This season's collection

I hope you enjoy them, and a GREAT WIN against Manchester City this morning guys!!! Probably THE BEST MATCH Arsenal have played all season!!! COYF'n'G!!! Bring home the FA CUP this May against Chel$ki!!!

2. pookspur

pookspur Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 3, 2001
    Indiana
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    this series is outbastardstanding, people.

I know ... we've all learned a lesson or two about what can happen when you stray too far into ol' Ray's world. So apprehensions about prolonged visits to his closet might seem well-founded. but then ... the world belongs to the bold, as they say - so jump right in! besides, if you're having an off day, a romp through the HMW's wardrobe might be just what the doctor ordered. and at any rate, I just don't think you're going to find this stuff anywhere else.

I'm gonna give quick nods to episode #10 - the Loudmouth Golf Pants collection - with family feud backstory, and #14 - What Goes With It [part II]. you might think that, having broken out the Mork & Mindy rainbow suspenders first thing, it would be all downhill from there. well, think again! superbowl/Stanley cup replica rings and a handful of wedding garters show there's more to HMW's accessorizing than a set of of LGBTQ-sanctioned trouser braces!

hell, the intro music alone makes it all worthwhile - and there's a whole lot more going on than just intro music. like an array of Nike Hyperdunk Lows, for example - didn't see that coming, did ya? and that's just the tip of the iceberg.

Finally ... the internet's good for something. Rock on, Ray!

BIGHMW repped this.
  3. BIGHMW

BIGHMW Member+

Oct 10, 2010
    Port Townsend, WA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well, for all of those wedding garters, they are actually from Alice's brothers (Dan his wife Heidi from 1989, and sister (Sonia, 2000), and also from my late mother (1961) and also what i would have Alice wear if we legally tied the knot (we're not married only because we would lose most of our Social Security benefits).

As for the LGBTQ reference, that's not what the Mork & Mindy suspenders were for, they are a throwback to the good-old days when rainbows stood for love & peace in the 1960s-70s.

......and yes, I DO support equal rights for EVERYONE!!!

But thanks for the review pookspur, I'm glad you enjoyed my array of miniseries I have on BIGHMW TV on YouTube, the intro display was inspired by the 1968-75 font from the classic TV game show "What's My Line?", and the music was the only royalty-free music I could find that best replicated the WML theme, although it sounds more like that from The Dating Game rather than from What's My Line?

Here is the original What's My Line title theme so you'll see what I was trying to replicate for "What's In The Closet?" Enjoy and Thanks!!!

Ray Jackson

pookspur repped this.
  4. pookspur

pookspur Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 3, 2001
    Indiana
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    awesome! i'm about to get in a quick nine holes before dark, and I'm gonna have the What's My Line theme going through my head the whole time. I just know it!

and maybe some thoughts about Arlene Francis ... [grrrrrrrowl]

BIGHMW repped this.
  5. BIGHMW

BIGHMW Member+

Oct 10, 2010
    Port Townsend, WA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    One down nine to go, Soupy?

pookspur repped this.
  6. NorthBank

NorthBank Member+

Arsenal; NYRB
    United States
    Mar 29, 2006
    Connecticut
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Because of Pooks glowing review I just checked out those two closet episodes.

I'm not much of a kit addict myself, so I don't know that I'll be watching many more.

But I just have to say this Ray...

+1 for your enthusiasm
    +1 for being a real student of Arsenal history
    +1 for your openness. It wouldn't be for me, but you wear it well.

BIGHMW repped this.
  7. pookspur

pookspur Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 3, 2001
    Indiana
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    holy moley ... when I saw "DW shirt collection" and heard "bowler" I was thinking, "mother of pearl, it's gotta be Dick Weber! HMW has a Dick Weber shirt collection!".

I'm not gonna lie ... there was a tinge of disappointment there. c'mon, Ray! with all that gear, you tellin' me you can't pull off the Dick Weber look on a smokin' Saturday night? Alice oughta demand it!

8. BIGHMW

BIGHMW Member+

Oct 10, 2010
    Port Townsend, WA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I DO know who Dick Weber was and even saw him on the now-PBA50 (formerly the PBA Senior) Tour (for those of us 50 and older) back in the late 80s early-90s, and yes, I even saw vintage footage of him (on YouTube) as well, but I'm sure he wouldn't wear the badass biker button-down shirts like Danny Wiseman did through the 2000s, but yes, I must ask, what bowler now DOESN'T know who Dick Weber was??? I remember going down to the bowling center as just a punkass kid and everyone back then (in the 70s) including myself knew about and wanted to be like either Dick Weber, Marshall Holman or Mark Roth, and lefties wanted to be like Earl Anthony, Johnny Petraglia or Dave Davis.