For 2017-18 All Rocks, etc.

Discussion in 'Games & Fantasy' started by BalanceUT, Mar 3, 2017.

1. BalanceUT

BalanceUT RSL and THFC!

Oct 8, 2006
    Appalachia
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    While we all have enjoyed for years using the current Premier League Fantasy system. We have to admit there are some issues with it. It is difficult to manage a draft league because there is nothing to prevent owners accidentally selecting players on another team.

Some have suggested some other sites. In my view, all the previous sites go out of their way to have what I see is too many bells and whistles. More features is not always better.

Last night several of use used this site's MLS version for an MLS draft league and it went very efficiently in my view. The site doesn't allow to to mess with scoring (which is fairly similar to EPL's site) and I don't think you can have teams be in multiple competitions.

But, it was dead easy to draft and it is designed to facilitate trades between teams and ensure that the same player isn't owned on two teams.

Check it out.

Maybe we can do a draft for the last few months of the EPL season just to get a feel for it.

https://draftfantasyfootball.co.uk

2. lobomojo

lobomojo Member+

Chelsea, Gillingham
    Jul 17, 2004
    Freedom
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Would be up for that; and again as a second separate League next year but would not want to use it for Rocks at all.

It mucked up and jumped past me 2 picks last night costing me 2-3 players, though since I am clueless about MLS recently, probably no big deal.

But flaws and all I prefer our present gig, the historical continuance of it, and the more thoughtful, if a bit frustratingly slow depending on whom participating, draft as we have done, my favorite part/time of the game, even if I do change 90% of my picks in first month:D

DrHeckle repped this.
  3. frasermc

frasermc Take your flunky and dangle

Celtic
    Scotland
    Jul 28, 2006
    Newcastle-Upon-Tyne
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    Lobomojo speaks the truth. I'd prefer to stick witb the original, flaws and all.

Nobodies perfect.

lobomojo repped this.
  4. DrHeckle

DrHeckle BigSoccer Supporter

Jul 12, 2010
    Cairns
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    I agree with the two ning nongs above - the way it is done now is a bit clunky but posting on here and changing a Goggle Doc is not that onerous. I must say I liked it more this season where the trades were posted on here instead of the FPL Forum site :D

frasermc and lobomojo repped this.
  5. Sonabert

Sonabert Member+

Jul 29, 2012
    Perth, Western Australia
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Well I'm still debating ..... Issues in small rocks as some people don't like the google spreadsheet .... Yes I dropped off by doing that & forgot the thread on here & i'll take the punishment but unless everybody is on board with the google doc ... it is useless. Others shouldn't have to come behind & update the spreadsheet due to others laziness.

I have also been approached by a work colleague on a different format game that uses the FPL site but no draft involved. Once I catch up on the rules I will decide which method will be easier for myself in the long run.

6. kopiteinkc

kopiteinkc Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 1, 2000
    Shawnee
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I prefer what we are doing now

frasermc and lobomojo repped this.