Football Manager Draft - General

Discussion in 'The Beautiful Game' started by poetgooner, Apr 30, 2018.

1. annoyedbyneedoflogin

Juventus Football Clube Ajax Mineiro de Deportes
    Jun 11, 2012
    Let’s see what happens!

2. PDG1978

PDG1978 Member+

Mar 8, 2009
    Club:
    Nottingham Forest FC
    How's this?

No, of course, well done mate! As long as there wasn't under-handed genius involved, with Mazzola pretending to be injured so that Bican could suddenly cause havoc in our back 3!

You won the grudge match on aggregate we could say I guess, and your fans will be happy! Although you are a Feyenoord fan so must have mixed feelings!

Second place is still up for grabs for us (I guess we can't inadvertently hand it to Juventus as it'd need a really really big defeat I think!).

Pele probably had the better assist out of the 3 of him and Piksi to be fair, but nothing that Dragan couldn't do in real life anyway. We need to work out why Pele was better in pre-season so far, but maybe he's saving himself for the knockout games. Maybe we shouldn't have left out Rummenigge who has done much better in the group stage than pre-season but to be fair that was more my call than Puck's for this game. Denis Law had a few chances but Schmeichel was in great form!

msioux75 repped this.
  3. poetgooner

poetgooner Member+

Arsenal
    Nov 20, 2014
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    That reminds me @annoyedbyneedoflogin you need to send me a different lineup without Mazzola!

4. annoyedbyneedoflogin

Jun 11, 2012
    I'm putting my whole team into cryo-stasis. So all of them will "be back!" for the knockout tournament.

5. annoyedbyneedoflogin

Jun 11, 2012
    What!? You guys are not changing your signatures because of this epic clash of faith?? Lol, I might just change it myself, absolutely nothing personaI. I still had several scores to settle with O Rei in fictive form.

And how am I a Feyenoord fan? That's sacrilege! The way you murdered Mazzola reminded me of Henk Fraser;)

Anyway, I agree that it was like Brøndby vs Hvidovre allover. Although it was Schmeichel who prevailed this time.

PuckVanHeel and PDG1978 repped this.
  6. PDG1978

PDG1978 Member+

Mar 8, 2009
    Club:
    Nottingham Forest FC
    I think Mazzola will be out of the first second phase game actually won't he, as Ajax have played all games in the group now? Might be a blessing in disguise if Bican is in score for fun mode though!
    https://challonge.com/bigsoccerfmdraft

Which reminds me that me and Puck shouldn't completely give up on first place yet, if msioux did us a favour (and we'd be doing him one in return!).

Although maybe we should if head to head scores with Ennatz decide it before goal difference (he won 5-4 on aggregate against us didn't he). We pretty much should anyway, as the goal swing even considering msioux potentially reducing it a bit seems too big to achieve in all likelihood.

msioux75 repped this.
  7. PDG1978

PDG1978 Member+

Mar 8, 2009
    Club:
    Nottingham Forest FC
    If we meet again, our fans are instructed to say "O Rei" instead of "Ole" if we are ahead in the closing minutes and passing the ball around. And he might try to nutmeg Stojkovic he tells us.

I'll have to go back and see how Mazzola got injured as I haven't spotted it yet. It wasn't Lilian's fault was it? Puck can do the come-back on Henk Fraser as I guess he knows the back-story!

I understand the Brondby-Hvidovre reference though I think - Schmeichel played for Hvidovre including in a Danish Cup Final against Laudrup's Brondby I guess? Laudrup did manage to get one past him but yeah I think Schmeichel deserves his Team of the Week place (in general I liked the ratings on Championship Manager better as they seemed a bit less swayed by goals/assists by default as now on Football Manager, so player could do nothing much apart from score the winning goal and get a 6 out of 10 or something).

The Falcao in deep midfield experiment was my responsibility too (or maybe it was Hidalgo). His passing % was great but not sure now whether we might as well just have gone for it and given him support duty rather than defend, given Ajax scored 4 anyway!

Stojkovic did well though, and the annoyedbyneedoflogin genius claims (and freedom of Amsterdam) do seem a step closer presently than before the game.

8. Holy__Joe

Holy__Joe Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 31, 2007
    Manchester
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    32 shots and could only score 2 goals. My team are firing blanks :ninja: Do I drop Henry for Ibra…...

9. benni...

benni... BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 23, 2004
    Chocolate City
    Yes

10. msioux75

msioux75 Member+

Jan 8, 2006
    Lima, Peru
    Welcome to my club

11. msioux75

msioux75 Member+

Jan 8, 2006
    Lima, Peru
    Even, I'm last, all my tournament matches were very tight in scoreline.

So, I hope I fixed my defensive line to win the next game

12. poetgooner

poetgooner Member+

Arsenal
    Nov 20, 2014
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Sorry I've disappeared in the last month. Well, it's official. I am officially out of a job in a month.

Everyone in the company has been working at least 12-hours/day 7 days/week for the past month (I literally only had one day off the entire August) in an attempt to save it, but it was made official on Friday that the company is definitely closing. This month is our last month, and it'll probably mostly be HR stuff as the office gets cleared.

Sorry this whole thing got off track due to all this. Maybe next time it'll go more smoothly.

Cheerss.

La-Máquina, msioux75, PDG1978 and 3 others repped this.
  13. PDG1978

PDG1978 Member+

Mar 8, 2009
    Club:
    Nottingham Forest FC
    Best of luck mate with things.

Speaking for myself, if you ever (next week, next month, before Christmas....) wanted to re-start the game from where we left it, I'd be willing and able to carry on submitting line-ups (in conjunction with Puck if he feels the same which I guess he would). But don't feel obligated obviously if you didn't actually want to get it going again yourself (if it would be more of a chore than pleasure, or you will be too busy job searching or whatever), and it depends on the other drafters too of course.

14. poetgooner

poetgooner Member+

Arsenal
    Nov 20, 2014
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Thanks a lot man. Unfortunately, I think it has lost it's momentum. I might do another tournament in the future when I'm in a better place.

Thank you all for participating!

Blueallthru and PDG1978 repped this.
  15. Blueallthru

Blueallthru Member+

Chelsea
    United States
    May 15, 2012
    The Interwebz
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    A new one?

Holy__Joe repped this.
  16. Holy__Joe

Holy__Joe Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 31, 2007
    Manchester
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
  17. msioux75

msioux75 Member+

Jan 8, 2006
    Lima, Peru
    The tourney was suspended, just when my team was on fire.