Football Manager 2010: The most awaited feature?

Discussion in 'Manager Games' started by raydenvm, Oct 3, 2009.

1. raydenvm

raydenvm New Member

Oct 9, 2008
  2. KyleP

KyleP Member

Jan 24, 2009
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Honestly, none of the new features really stand out for me. All I want is a quicker, slicker game, with less bugs, better AI and quicker loading times. Couldn't really care less about the new improvements to the 3D match engine and such, as long as that element of realism stays there I'm happy.

3. Grinners89

Grinners89 BigSoccer Supporter

Jul 8, 2007
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Ive been playing FM 09 since last year and I wont be buying 2010. Im sticking with 09 for at least 1 more year...hoping that, as KyleP said, that they make a quicker running game. I might stick with this one until they have a 3D match engine that works properly.

4. DCatracho17

DCatracho17 Member

Jan 12, 2006
    Chicago,USA
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    My 3D engine on FM 09 works pretty good, i mean there a few times were slows down but for most of the time it works. I might consider getting FM 10 just to see how much have they improved a few players ( Hendry Thomas stats in FM 09 really suck). Ill buy FM 10 when it goes down to 30 bucks and i see that they are doing updates for it on Steam.

5. arsenalfc08

arsenalfc08 Member

Mar 14, 2005
    I really like the Demo. I'm getting it because you can now create your own leagues. I want to create leagues lower than the BSN/BSS in England.

They now have stands during matches and the fifa cardboard people. Backroom advice is a nice touch. I also like the rundown of your team compared to others in the league. My team (Welling) is the youngest in the league, good dribblers, slowest, decent passers.

6. ToffeeCrew

ToffeeCrew Member

Feb 11, 2000
    inches from insanity
    I'm a little torn about FM10 after playing the demo. I LOVED 99/00 and 01/02 but didn't really get that into FM06. I think it is because adding the 2D or 3D modeling slowed the game down a ton. I used to play a half a season by the time I have played a month with the newer versions. It did suck me in which is what was great about the earlier versions. I wish the demo was longer though. I thought they were going to tease you and let you play a whole year not just half a season.

One negative is that my game crashed once while loading the gameday screen. I wasn't super suprised as it flickered a couple times loading it before. The auto save was good but I lost about 5 games. When I played them the first time my Bishop's Strotford side went WDWXW and the replays were XLDLL. Obviously that killed my teams fragile morale.

To answer the original question... I like the new tactics creator. It helped streamline all the screens and options that you would have to go through by yourself before.

7. Buckscounty Mark

Dec 6, 2006
    Quakertown, Pa
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The create your own league aspect is a selling point for me. I would want to make a full USL structure under MLS. Does anyone know if you make a league under a current one, if relegation/promotion is automatic?

8. minorthreat

minorthreat Member

Jan 1, 2001
    NYC
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    I like the new match engine. FM09 would start out running okay on my computer, but then inexplicably get really choppy after about an hour or so of play. The FM10 engine runs smooth as silk, though.

9. KyleP

KyleP Member

Jan 24, 2009
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Yeah, mine seems to be running a lot quicker than previous versions. There's no big changes but lots of nice, little touches that just make it a very good upgrade from last year, definitely recommended. The new skin takes a bit of getting used to but after a while I'm sure it'll be far easier.

10. Reignking

Reignking Member

Feb 16, 2005
    Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think I had the 07 version. I downloaded the demo last night, and I really like the improvement in the advice. This is especially important if you are jumping into a league or country you barely know (3rd division Alcorcon in Spain, anyone?). Before, I felt lost in what to do, tactically, but now I've got much better guidance. After all, I like to "play" this game to learn more about soccer -- the players, the teams, the countries and the strategies.

The 3d engine is nice -- you get a much better idea of how your team is operating.

11. jcvf90

jcvf90 Member

Dec 12, 2006
    Boca Raton, FL
    The data editor for me, I can finally manage motagua in Honduras and take them to the Club WC.

12. Bonji

Bonji Moderator

Feb 4, 2003
    Denver, Colorado
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just got my copy in the mail last night. After playing for about 30 minutes the best new features to me are; coach interaction & tactics.

Coaches now come with recommended training tweaks and things like who should take corners.

When you set tactics you get a description of the different position instructions and it highlights the important attributes for say a target forward. Gives you a better feeling of control.

The 3D match engine is much improved as well.

13. Grinners89

Grinners89 BigSoccer Supporter

Jul 8, 2007
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Is it a big improvement on FM 09?

14. MasterShake29

MasterShake29 Member+

Oct 28, 2001
    Jersey City, NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Anyone played much with the create your own league feature? What do you think?

15. Bonji

Bonji Moderator

Feb 4, 2003
    Denver, Colorado
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So far so good, yeah.

16. arsenalfc08

arsenalfc08 Member

Mar 14, 2005
    I didn't create a league but I downloaded someone's who edited all the way to Level 10 in England. It is a blast! I love the challenge. I highly recommend it to anyone who loves the lower leagues of England.

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=159082

I've heard of people activating the USL and making promotion/relegation to MLS.

17. jcvf90

jcvf90 Member

Dec 12, 2006
    Boca Raton, FL
    I created Honduran league, so sweet guys, must get footy game of the year. screw fifa and pes!

18. arsenalfc08

arsenalfc08 Member

Mar 14, 2005
    I got my game earlier this week and love it. I haven't had a lot of time to play it though as finals are coming up. However, I was very impressed with Amazon.com. It had the US version as being released on Nov 2nd. I ordered it on Oct 31 and it came at 6pm on Nov 2nd! I was shocked as it said the estimated delivery date would be the 4th.

Anyways. The game is awesome. The Backroom advice is really helpful and I love the touchline instructions.

19. glennaldo_sf

glennaldo_sf Member+

Houston Dynamo, Penang FC, Al Duhail
    United States
    Nov 25, 2004
    Doha, Qatar
    Club:
    FL Fart Vang Hedmark
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If u guys want to have a laugh.. this is a pretty hilarious take on FM 2009... it's not positive but it's downright funny and too true....

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i4REgZzU1i4"]YouTube- A Critical Review - Football Manager 2009[/ame]

Anyhoo... I'm afraid to say i don't think ill be revamping anytime soon.. recently got into FM2009 and really - this game is just sooo addictive it can actually be quite detrimental to your real life... must resist temptation... must resist temptation... arrrrggggghhhhh!!!!!!

20. GersMan

GersMan Member

May 11, 2000
    Indianapolis
    So what is the best way for me to order this game in the U.S. ?

21. Reignking

Reignking Member

Feb 16, 2005
    Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Gers: just download it. Via Steam.

Anyone download a patch? I did, and now it is asking me to insert a CD (which I don't have, since I downloaded it). Grr.

I'm doing well with Alaves -- actually, the table has held quite true to real form.

22. jcvf90

jcvf90 Member

Dec 12, 2006
    Boca Raton, FL
    I started a season with Alcorcon, got them to Liga Adelante after the tough playoffs. I am four points off the promotion in 9th place after 7 games in the second season. I doubt I will make it though. At least I will def not get relegated, and maybe with some winter siginings I could get us in the promotion to Top flight spanish football. BTW I did not get Real Madrid in CDR because I did not get that far with Alcorcon :(
    This yeas though I won my first round of games and now must win again to play the topflight teams.
    Hopefully once I get into La Liga I get some bigger offers.
    I also have a long save with Roma. Am in 2015 Totti is my assman. We got 2nd place in Serie A and a run to the Tim Cup finals were we lost to Milan in my. First place in Serie A was Inter.
    The next season I got 2nd place again but won Roma's first ever CL and Tim CUp. Totti decided to retire with the CL trophy and I picked him up as my assman. I won the first Serie A the next season and got outed from CL semis by Bayern. TIm Cup was in the bag again after I trashed Atalanta in the final.
    Ive only won one Tim Cup since and i am under pressure cause I have not won Serie A again. This season (2014/2015) I am in first 5 points clear of Juventus and Inter. So hopefully I win it.

23. GersMan

GersMan Member

May 11, 2000
    Indianapolis
    a little tech challenged here - why do I want to download it vs. buying a hard copy? Will the game be any different?

If I do end up needing to buy a hard copy - where can I do this - either in person or on line?
    Thanks for any help you guys can give.

24. arsenalfc08

arsenalfc08 Member

Mar 14, 2005
    I ordered it through Amazon.com it came on release day so I recommend them :D

Its not being sold in stores in the USA. The only way is to digitally download it through Steam or buy it on Amazon.

The game is the same on Steam as the boxed version. It just depends on which one you want.

25. arsenalfc08

arsenalfc08 Member

Mar 14, 2005
    If you downloaded it through Steam you don't download a patch. Steam updates automatically, so you should have the new patch.