Food prices at Giant Stadium

Discussion in 'MLS: Clubs' started by Juan Luis Guerra, Jul 28, 2007.

1. Juan Luis Guerra

Juan Luis Guerra Red Card

Jun 11, 2001
    New York City
    I was shocked when i learned that i spent more than $15.00 in these items:

1- A bottle of Pepsi
    2- A normal size hotdog
    3- 4 pieces of chicken tenders.

total - $15.38

I will boicot a bit by bringing my own food to the stadium. The only thing i will buy in Giant Stadium is beer ( $7.25).

These people are pure abusers.

2. ChicagoAzzuri

ChicagoAzzuri New Member

Jun 18, 2006
    Chicago
    I went to Soldier Field for some footie last night, besides the overpriced tickets (got em cheaper on Ebay)

Parking - 25
    Bott Water - 4
    ************ nachos - over 5 (White Sox games are cheaper and much better tasting)
    Beer - 7
    I wanna say hot dogs were like 6 or something outrageous like that.

Even for a Fire MLS game, parking will be 15, better, but come on, even on a fricken unfinished lot parking on rocks, I don't remember the food prices but the usual sporting event stuff. Doesn't help soccer's cause when I can get to a Sox game cheaper (tickets) and pay similar to lower for concessions

3. capitalist

capitalist New Member

Nov 13, 2004
    The solution is simple. Don't buy anything at the stadium. You won't die if you don't eat for 90 minutes.

4. Mighty!

Mighty! Member

Apr 19, 2007
    DC
    Club:
    DC United
    exactly...

why not just tailgate?

5. soupman14

soupman14 New Member

Aug 13, 2006
    St. Joseph
    Kansas City
    Free Parking
    Order Tix before the game for $10
    Food still expensive but its that way everywhere

6. Saltenya94

Saltenya94 Member

Jul 29, 2003
    Brooklyn
    Club:
    DC United
    You could always smuggle a cup of coffee like Kramer :p

7. sakenu16

sakenu16 New Member

Jan 30, 2007
    Food in all stadiums is outrageous. It must be really hard for families because the adults can wait to eat but sometimes you need to feed your kids. Try to eat before you go the game next time. What happened to those Mc Donald promotion that the Red Bull used to have in the old days (should say Metros). It was like a family pack, with 4 tickets and 4 meals or something for a really low price. Image the Beckam game in Meadolands:
    $40 a ticket x 4 = 160

plus your 15.38 for your food that brings it up to 175.38 not counting fees that you have to pay to ticketmasters for each ticket (like $6 a ticket, total = $24) and parking ($10) and gas?? That is way over $200 in one night just for game.

8. United1

United1 Member+

Feb 23, 1999
    Arlington, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    I think the sausages at RFK are around $6. The ecoli, though, is free.

9. The Grump

The Grump New Member

Aug 23, 2006
    Evil Empire
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Don't forget the $6.50 beer to wash it down.

When I was at Giant stadium I piled extra tenders on the one I was grabbing before taking it from the hot box. You gotta stick it to the man.

10. solost22

solost22 Member

Apr 5, 2007
    Jersey
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    i have season tickets to the Giants and after going to a majority of the games over the past 5 years, I still cannot figure out the stadium policy for bringing in food. I think you are allowed to bring in sealed food as long as its in a clear bag, but i'm not sure b/c it seems to change depending on which gate/gaurd you enter thru.

11. RichardUK

RichardUK Member

Dec 14, 2006
    Nottingham, UK
    Club:
    Nottingham Forest FC
    Bring your own prawn sandwiches and tube of Pringles.

12. sakenu16

sakenu16 New Member

Jan 30, 2007
    Really you are??? no way I always try to go in with a bottle of water and they always make me either throw it away on the spot or drink all of it and then throw it away. It is outrageous that they charge like $4 for a bottle of water (that is bottle tap water).

I haven't seen a difference between Giants game and Red Bulls game. The food in all stadiums is outrageous.

13. solost22

solost22 Member

Apr 5, 2007
    Jersey
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    So after this week's Giants game i still don't understand the food policy. You can bring in sealed food ( i saw people bring in bags of chips, and I brought in twizzlers), I saw some people try to bring in bottled water and they were allowed but the tops were taken off and thrown out by security.

14. Gio10

Gio10 Member

Sep 12, 2007
    In my experience food prices are high everywhere. Tailgating/bringing your own food is your best option.

15. Oldtimer6

Oldtimer6 Member

Dec 6, 2006
    Toronto
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    All stadiums have the same overpriced concessions. That's where the big money is, not in tickets.

$8.50 CDN (US $9) for a beer at BMO Field.
    Over $4 for a Coke.
    Almost $5 for a pizza slice.
    etc.

16. fatcatnyc

fatcatnyc New Member

Jul 21, 2007
    top on will hurt more than top off when you get hit by one thrown at you..thats why no tops.

17. Bobo_Snowman

Bobo_Snowman New Member

Dec 31, 2007
    Toronto
    $11 for a large can of Heineken at BMO. Good thing I'm not a fan of Heineken.

18. jrzgirl

jrzgirl New Member

Aug 20, 2007
    Kearny/Jersey Shore
    At Giants stadium - regarding water - I always just put the cap in my pocket before getting near the gate and show the guard that it has no top. I've brought candy & chips for the kids as long as it's sealed and in a gallon ziploc. Although, there are these two guys that sit by us that bring sandwiches from home wrapped in plastic wrap!

19. Natsoccer

Natsoccer Member

Jul 27, 2008
    Valencia, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    at HDC its over 15 for any one of those things
    the hot dog ladies outside with 4 dollar bacon wrapped hot dogs with onions and bell peppers on it are much better price