//\ Fohlenelf 2017 Ruckrunde //\

Discussion in 'Borussia Moenchengladbach' started by HANS-GUNTER BRUNS, Jan 24, 2017.

1. Borussia1900MG

Jul 16, 2014
    Sligo
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Jeez, t'was such a hard working game, on both sides. But all credits to captain Lars.
    His opener was so important. Also smart play by Mo.
    And the icing on the cake was Flaco's lucky:p goal. So granted.
    Me happy in a wet MG, goin' out for a pint now.

Btw. Did anyone mention the http://borussiastore.com/ for the Americas, yet?

LuckyStriker and Dage repped this.
  2. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    #27 HANS-GUNTER BRUNS, Feb 4, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 4, 2017
    for majority of the game...they did a well job keeping us off balance and not being able to dictate our game plan..but something is still very shaky about our team.
    No doubt hecking is a very experienced coach...but our D still hasent be battle tested properly and our Mid and Storm areas...we still seem weak and unable to really create what needs to be done and mix it up with different schemes and tactics...something major is still missing in this squad...and i cant pinpoint on it...maybe its the lack of a solid superstar midfielder..or the team somehow cant get it together to the full extent of their capacity...as much as individually they seem to have the quality:thumbsdown:
    Welcome back Mr.Kramer and nice hair cut btw...u are finally looking like a real man..and playing like the old days when you where instrumental.
    Hahn has lost some of his intensity and role in the team..not sure if its just a short term thing or its about the coaching and system.I like the long balls and crosses by Vestergaard....if he keeps on working on those and deliver them on the sweet spot of the opponent and open spaces of the field...we can use that option as a deadly weapon.Something we have abandoned for a very long time.Drmic on the other hand..i havent gave up on him...u can see in his eyes he wants to break away from the pack.....but who knows whats happening during training and why he is not getting more playing time...if he even comes back to life at half capacity we would have a lot of fire power....anyway soon we have to sail into the big strong scary storms and against teams that want it badly and to enter the CL & EL and we shall see if these 7 points were only beginners luck or Hecking can really turn this team around and lay a solid fountation here at the Park o_O:devilish::devilish::ninja::ninja::alien::alien:

3. LuckyStriker

LuckyStriker Member+

Favorite club? a German one..........
    Apr 14, 2010
    in exile-Statute of Limitations yet to expire
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It doesn't look like Hahn is ever going to be what he was before his leg snapped. I expect them to move on from him, and others. Pity they couldn't land Volland in the summer. The midfield lacks the pace and passing from the spine to link it with Rafael in advanced positions. Combine that with the injuries to key wide attackers & the lack of stability @CB.........you can seen where Hecking has his work cut out for him. Not just formationally, but in rebuilding the identity toward the image he wishes to project.

4. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I agree...the proper feeding and balancing things off btwn the lines ..mostly mid and attack is nowhere to be found...and somehow Hahn has been vanishing.His very strong willed though...he may come back stronger if they dont give up on him and let him go...or push him in the exit direction.Kramer is waking up...and Mo has been putting in the much needed mileage that is needed in midfield...but we still lack one or two players to flawlessly feed the storm position while stabilizing the load btwn the back line mid and attack.And those facking injuries....which has become part of our identity in the past year and half...is really wearing us out:eek::confused::mad:
    A solid spine should be installed ...and we all know thats not going to happen anytime soon....one thing am sure tho..is that Hecking knows this...how he is going to fix it is anybodys guess..but sticking to the same 11 and trying to establish a secure system with same players seems to be his first move..now if these starting 11 get better with each game..and depending on our opponents and needs during different games....if he can rotate proper players to meet the demands..then we may finally have a spine to carry the load with interchangeable pieces that can be called upon during different games:eek::speechless::ninja::alien:

5. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Nothing new we just keeping it real and the pattern consistent ...now Hofmann is out with an injury.Didnt even bother reading the details.Its Fascia related so most likely it cant be as bad as Kolo's:ROFLMAO::sneaky::speechless::D:whistling::devilish:

LuckyStriker repped this.
  6. Dage

Dage Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 4, 2008
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    #31 Dage, Feb 5, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 5, 2017
    7 out of 9 in the last 3 games, it seems the team starts clicking finally. Could be right in time before the Europa League clash with Fiorentina :D

7. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Dont we run a full detailed physical on players before signing them to the club???
    This one takes our rehab team and doctors and physio's to new glorious heights....Mr.Docoure had a serious muscle rupture during his last game with the frog's from Paris....no wonder his been MIA for us ever since he arrived...he didnt come cheap either...so now folks you can add another so called potential D player which came to BMG with high expectations...to that long list of our busted players.At least the rest of lads got destroyed while playing for Borussia...this one seems like a lemon that was sold to Max instead of a LION! This is just so embarrassing for management and medical staff:mad::(:confused::whistling::cautious:o_O:sick::thumbsdown::speechless:

http://www.rp-online.de/sport/fussb...madou-doucoure-droht-saisonende-aid-1.6585382

8. Dage

Dage Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 4, 2008
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Ugly win, it was our typical form abroad but finally we collect three points. In the end Werder were even worse. I really hope this is the start of being more comfortable in the next games. Will be crucial for our clash with Fiorentina, too.. Edit: the commentator just said that this is just the 2nd win in Bremen in the last 26 games for us. That's a sick record, nice thing this streak was broken.

9. Rosebud

Rosebud Member+

Aug 5, 2012
    Chicago, IL, USA
    Club:
    Union Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    It is way too early to be freaking out about Doucoure going the way of Alvaro. He's still a huge talent, and he's still got plenty of time to develop into a big time player. Let him get fit, let him settle in, and let him grow; then enjoy the lovely player he has it in him to become.

Especially since you really shouldn't need him to play a big role for another season or two.

10. LuckyStriker

LuckyStriker Member+

Apr 14, 2010
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Last 3 league road games: D/W/W.

At this point, you take that and run with it.......

HANS-GUNTER BRUNS repped this.
  11. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    #36 HANS-GUNTER BRUNS, Feb 11, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2017
    Nobody here imagined we would win twice and pull off a draw on the road ( back to back road games)...and pick up a total of 10 points under Hecking or any other coach for that matter...and lets face it nobody cares how a team climbs or sinks in that Buli table.This win was also against a team that we havent managed to win against in their Stadia in many years :)
    Am just concerned about Hahn...am not sure if he is doing what exactly the coach is asking or has he been reduced to nothing.You just dont feel his presence in the game anymore???
    And boy what a treat is to watch Kramer these days...at points he reminds me of a more delicate version of Effe.Recently he has been on the money...precision passing and creating golden opportunities for others to score...which sadly has gone to waste.Kramer is also pretty much involved in all the physical kombats as well..his thru balls just cut thru the lines like a surgical blade.And that goal by Thor...it was almost impossible to score but he nailed it.Pretty typical of our lads..not scoring much easier opportunities and then drilling it in from such crazy angles !!
    To me it was an intense game and Bremen did pressure us ...they seemed a bit nervous tho which is understandable considering their situation...the pressure was pretty crazy and i think we managed to control it pretty well.This is the same team that couldnt hold on to any leads or would conceive back to back goals in less than 5-7 minutes....let alone score in 12th min and finish the game as victors.I dont mind Hecking but i still think its all on the boys...and during Schuberts they just didnt fight and run hard enough.Mo has been stellar as well...Kramer and Mo have done an exceptional work in the midfield.Herrmann is also looking better with every game....and lets not forget our long injury list.Anyway am sure nobody can complain with what the Gods have offered us....question is can we now nurture this gift and not shoot ourselves in the foot??? Drmic needs to start scoring soon...his becoming a mstery to me,somehow i cant believe he hasent managed to move the chains like he used to....maybe he's also close to that point...to finally shake off all the rust and show us what he is capable of??We should thank lady luck regardless cause this has been pretty great change of scenery for our club.Would be nice to kick RBL aRss at Borussia Park next week and do what HSV did to them this evening...thats one game against a team u really dont wanna lose at home.
    ;):p:D:eek::oops:o_O:alien::cautious::devilish::inlove::ninja::ROFLMAO::sneaky::speechless::thumbsdown::x3:

Bananenflanke repped this.
  12. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    They are Jinxing us already....hate these cheesy stats..reminds me of the NFL:mad::(:confused:

IMG_0243.JPG

13. Gladbach93

Gladbach93 New Member

Dec 12, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    I haven't had the chance to watch gladbach cause I was so busy. I am glad we started picking points but I am sitll not convinced at all. I am glad we are back on europa fight, but still I only care about the performance in Europa League vs Fiorentina. That's the ultimate test. If we manage to beat them at least in borussia Park then we are fine.
    How is Kolo doing ?

14. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Kolo u ask??? LOL!
    Have u not been following??? No matter who signs with us...gets injured sick or something right away or yet better...when they move to our club they are already somehow injured.I thought Eberl hit the gold mine with Kolo...but its far from that.Even if he is somewhat healthy i doubt Hecking will throw him in the mix against Fio....due to lack of playing time...unless he is some sort of undercover footballing god??? If this guys was healthy and with all that international experience he would have been instrumental for us specially in th EL...But from whats written all over his injured and close to recovery..along with a bunch of other key players.Am not sure if Raffa is even 100%.Herrmann is back which is great but he lacks proper conditioning for such a heavy and important game...and then there is Hahn which used to be a monster for us during such games...and he has been reduced to nothing.Only plus is Kramer...his really controlling the game and his area of the pitch and seems like they are finally clicking with Mo D...anyway to brush aside Fio or any italian side...we need more than just game ready players...we need to think like them and know how to deal with the dirty Italian style of footballing which is their bread and butter and very successful against German sides !

:speechless::speechless::speechless::mad::speechless::speechless::speechless:

15. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Well what could be more fitting for a club called BMG than to go into a heavy euro match with much riding on it without their most effective offensive player..Mr.Raffael???
    It would have been a joke if we had all our regulars healthy for a change like all other temas...i mean its no biggie its only Raffa BIG Facking Deal we got so many on that bench that can replace him no problem......and even the lads that are so called fit....look confused and rusty and physically still fragile...pretty much all are key players are good for short displays...and then off they go for months to the rehab center...and considering we are playing an Italian team....lack of raffa pretty much can determine the result....sorry guys not being negative just speaking from years of experience!
    This truly sucks to the point that u wanna puke...its just so weird and u wonder more negative stuff about our rehab staff and physio's this is great news for Fio no matter how much they will deny it!

:confused::mad::(:sick::thumbsdown::speechless::speechless::speechless::speechless::speechless::speechless::speechless::speechless::speechless::speechless::mad:

16. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Gladbach's Jannik Vestergaard: 'I know what makes Leipzig tick'

Nothing wrong with UPing the moral and feeling your confidence is back Mr.Viking we need leaders for sure!
    But lets put your claim's into action first you do realize doing the talking just aint gonna cut it in pro football....you can start by scoring 2 Long distance HAMMER'S one against the Plastic Bulls backed by millions from Austria and one against Fiorentina.Much appreciated in advance:devilish::alien::devilish:

1121542_imgw968.jpg
    http://www.bundesliga.com/en/news/B...ipzig-jannik-vestergaard-interview-434007.jsp

:eek::rolleyes::thumbsdown::thumbsup:

17. Rosebud

Rosebud Member+

Aug 5, 2012
    Chicago, IL, USA
    Club:
    Union Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Ugh, this team just loses it's lethality in front of goal when Rafael's out & Stindl's cold. Hazard is a strong complimentary creator, but he can't lift the team when they're down...at least not yet. This is why I so want to see you bring in a hugely talented young attacker like Avdijaj (or in a dream world Fekir).

18. LuckyStriker

LuckyStriker Member+

Apr 14, 2010
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They need players about everywhere. Mobile creative finishers, playmakers from back to front and Center Backs next year too. Would like to see them compete better in the box as well. They don't threaten anybody enough from the air.

19. kgilbert78

kgilbert78 Member+

Borussia Mönchengladbach
    United States
    Dec 28, 2006
    Cowlumbus, OH
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Game was *supposed* to be on FS2 today in NA. It wasn't. UFC reruns. Grrrr.

20. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    TRADITION SINCE 1900 ??????????
    I can write about it...but aint worth it.
    Never thought there would ever be a team besides Hollywood that would make me cringe and bite a brick if we lose to them at home....now there is!
    Hazard the man who wears Gladbach's number 10 jersey...a number at a club that holds so much glory and history should not stand behind a PK that he is so shaky and hesitant taking...starting towards the ball from the first second it was obvious his having doubts!
    FFS....

21. LuckyStriker

LuckyStriker Member+

Apr 14, 2010
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I often feel the way you do, but you know I'm gonna write about it anyway. A form of therapy I do believe.......
    Either they restructure, find the cash another way or shake up upper management and gamble on "reinventing the wheel" once more.

*btw-when you were on your e-mail, I was writing to you here. That's when I discovered you can't get the correspondence. I think the issue is on your end. You have to go into your contact page, and either allow me to send conversations your way through that tab or drop the menu down to : "receive messages from members". I read your e-mail when I discovered it and replied there as well.....but have no affirmation you got that either.:(

22. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    #47 HANS-GUNTER BRUNS, Feb 20, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 20, 2017
    I was excited to check my gmail trust me...and it was going to happen after the game...but i suddenly went into a deep hole!
    I know its only football...but for some reason i cant explain when we lose it effects my entire week.
    This is the first time i have actually controlled myself to not write...i normally do it as you explained up there regardless....but where do you start??? What do you say??? I agree its a form of therapy for us hard core fans...helps you vent a bit...but either am getting too old...or it has finally broken me....as u said up there the entire team seems like back to square one.We are harmless...we dont scare anyone...and its very easy to score against us.Kramer was looking good few games back then as u pointed out...he went slow and no pace and physical presence...we have no ideas and technical skills for set pieces...we are absent thru and thru in the air ....funny thing just before vestergaard scored..i was wondering how i enjoy the kid and his somewhat the only bright piece to this crippled engine..but why does he not score in the air with his height and physical advantage...and in less than a min he scored that nice header..Hahn has gone very cold...Herrmann needs lots of playing time...Mo is doing stuff but he often gets caught up with doing too much or too little...and whats with all these stupid passes to the back line???? That style is only productive if u actually have a proper build up plan.Stindl is trying but he aint a precision killer.....I heard Bonhof has given an ultimatum to Eberl...about his move to Hollywood.
    But you are on the money...ive said this from many many years ago..pretty much since Jupp left us as a coach...we need to either change the whole philosophy and shake up things massively....or find way to generate more cash and get with the program...THIS STYLE..and this type of competing in the Buli and today's Euro stage will go nowhere...but maybe management is happy with mediocre and some sparks here and there and few in btwn...and if we do actually get some international playing time ..is just gravy...best way to express my feeling is this...
    We are like a patient on the hospital bed that is sick and injured..and they cant figure out whats wrong with him...he aint getting better..because somehow with the meds and devices they are keeping him alive and functional..and at the same time he does not die in order for the family and doctors and staff to move on get on with their lives...and perhaps attend to other patients that do have a great chance for survival and are younger and can fully get back to normal...so its a case of a complicated chronic disease of a high profile person ...with no end in the horizon and no proper recovery!
    In my country and language we have a saying for this situation...may not make much sense in ENGLISH but ill leave the decision up to you guys and pardon my language...so here it goes..we have this saying 'When a saw is stuck in your ass ...you have no way of fixing the situation..because if you pull it out ....it will hurt and cut you open...if you push it forward and deeper it will still cut u open and hurt...so what option are u left with???? Just leave it where it is!!!!!!!!!! So sorry but i had to share this:sick::speechless::(:mad::confused:
    I will check my gmail right now lucky:)
    :cautious:o_O:rolleyes:

23. LuckyStriker

LuckyStriker Member+

Apr 14, 2010
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Listen friend;
    My dad is a homespun philosopher as well. Served him to great effect during his years on the job, and raising me. Here's some Philly sayings for BMG:

"Did you hear about the blind man who picked up his hammer and saw?"

"Son......you just can't play in shit and not get any on you".............

Now: I see you are following me. Good. You can stop if you want once you receive what I stayed up all night to write you. Most would be public knowledge if "you were here" at the time it all happened. The beginning is not. I'm trusting you with some sensitive stuff and asking for your discretion therein. I notice Epitome wants to speak with you as well.

Let me try to send it again, as I really don't want to start over in an e-mail..........

24. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Of course . You have had my attention from day one and i enjoy your writing...ill go and check my email ;)

25. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    We haven't met so talk is cheap....but i take pride in few extremly important principals that have always guided me in life ( like the OLD GUARD for example)..big part is due to my family's background and my father and coming from 3 generations of Military family...so yes you can trust me with whatever it is you want to share and even more...but as i said talk is cheap..but all a man has in this life is his honor and word..and the legacy he leaves behind.....as i have said this before sometimes my English fails me...but i think i understand the example about the father and his son...and am not sure if it was pointed at me....but i have stood by my team thru the thick and thin...and many other things in life and got dirty really dirty...but still stuck to my guns because of my principals...and i understand you have to get baptized by fire..and even sometimes lay it all on the line for your word,promise and honor....anywayz cant wait to read the lengthy email...as you know i have always liked what you write and how you write...and am sure i will have more than just football and the 1900 tradition to talk about with you.....