Florida Panthers 2010/11 season

Discussion in 'Ice Hockey' started by Redknapp11, Sep 15, 2010.

1. Redknapp11

Redknapp11 New Member

Jan 1, 2001
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Russia
    I need to get my head around the changes for this season but we are looking good to make a run at the 8th spot for the playoffs even though everyone under the sun has us picked for dead last in the east.

Still need one more center and another puck mover for the defense but I like what we have so far. Sleeper pick for sure is going to be Grabner, should have a bust out season.

[​IMG]

2. Redknapp11

Redknapp11 New Member

Jan 1, 2001
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Russia
  3. Redknapp11

Redknapp11 New Member

Jan 1, 2001
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Russia
    Hello Nylander....
    [​IMG]

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=335673

If healthy this could be a nice move... I thought the Isles may grab him but it looks like he's all ours for the year. We needed someone in the middle and this might be a very savy move by the front office... or a pricey AHL pick up, let's hope not.

4. Redknapp11

Redknapp11 New Member

Jan 1, 2001
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Russia
    And good bye.... loan to Rochester only with the Caps keeping him on the books. Oh well.

5. Redknapp11

Redknapp11 New Member

Jan 1, 2001
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Russia
    Played hard all game and looked the better team against Edmonton. I love both teams but home ice rules, so I'm glad the Oilers got the win but Florida was clearly the better team. Onto Vancouver for what might be a solid ass whoopin' by the Canucks.

6. Redknapp11

Redknapp11 New Member

Jan 1, 2001
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Russia
    3 game road trip finished last night, pretty proud of this team, out worked the Oilers, Canucks and the Flames. Got some bad bounces against us and walked out of Calgary with a W, but still played exceptional team hockey.

Weiss and Frolik are playing terrible but the rest of the group is playing into the coaches plans and playing really hard for each other, can't complain with what I've seen so far. Vokun, is still as sharp as ever and definitely the best keeper in the league.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UFLNjbCrYBE"]YouTube - Panthers @ Flames 10/14/10[/ame]

... respect to Dvorak, seriously talented and never talked about.

7. Redknapp11

Redknapp11 New Member

Jan 1, 2001
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Russia
    Tampa gets it's first loss... laughed off the ice 6-0 !

Olesz is going to break out this year and the man himself Mr. Vokoun grabs another clean sheet. Solid stuff.

[​IMG]

8. Redknapp11

Redknapp11 New Member

Jan 1, 2001
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Russia
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=38vOmmLNdHo"]YouTube - Lightning @ Panthers 10/16/10[/ame]

9. Redknapp11

Redknapp11 New Member

Jan 1, 2001
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Russia
    Nice win against the Isles last night. Ugly game but a win is a win.

... And now to more pressing news.....

Why the F is Fox Sports blacking out the Panther games ! Not only are they blackening out the local feed but they are also blacking out the Center Ice feed and also the visiting teams feed as well. For a team which is desperate for exposure I can't fathom this, it's mind numbing to say the least. No one can or has given any answers for this... last night wasn't a live game for Fox Sports but the Isles feed on Center Ice was blacked out... this is now the 3rd game in a row, madness !

10. Real Corona

Real Corona Member+

Jan 19, 2008
    Colorado
    Club:
    FC Metalist Kharkiv
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    NHL broadcasting rules have never made sense, but this takes it to a new height of stupidity. For a team that literally decided to let fans name their season ticket prices, I can't see where TV blackouts make sense, but then again, they never do.

I live in the New York market, and I have only once or twice had a game fully blacked out to me. OFten times a certain feed will be blacked out, like the Devils last night, but you can just switch to the Sabres feed or whomeever.

11. Redknapp11

Redknapp11 New Member

Jan 1, 2001
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Russia
    Totally feel ya on this. I can understand the odd game here and there not getting a game on tv but having all feeds blacked out three games in a row, including center ice home/away feeds is dumb and not even a pip out of the NHL or even the Panthers about it. Stupid, plain stupid.

... as to being up in the NYC area, I'm jealous. I grew up in NJ and loved have 3 teams to watch on the tv but now I see you guys have pre/post games with Dugay, Flatley and Kenny D... that's really cool.

12. Real Corona

Real Corona Member+

Jan 19, 2008
    Colorado
    Club:
    FC Metalist Kharkiv
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There is the case that sometimes games on Tuesday are blacked out, because Versus has a exclusive deal for those. Just about everytime however, I have noticed that in the games playing before 9pm, games after 9 are free from blackout, at least one Canadian is playing and you can get their feed on Center Ice.

13. Redknapp11

Redknapp11 New Member

Jan 1, 2001
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Russia
  14. Redknapp11

Redknapp11 New Member

Jan 1, 2001
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Russia
    Toronto fans... I used to feel sorry for you guys, everyone hates you, they laugh at your devotion to your team... you have no option but to love the Leafs, you are after all the center of the hockey world... But.. after tonight's display of biased ref's towards the home crowd, I'm about to toss on a Habs jersey's. Four no calls in last 10 minutes that handed the game to you guys... Panthers didn't deserve to win but not like this. Terrible.

... I still love ya Leaf Nation but tonight you're dead to me.

15. crazypete13

crazypete13 Moderator
    Staff Member

May 7, 2007
    A walk from BMO
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    That was some awful refereeing tonight.

16. Forza_Totti

Forza_Totti Member

Oct 16, 2006
    Toronto
    Club:
    AS Roma
    How are the non calls have anything to do with the Leafs organization or the fans? Biased officiating??? I wish. We've been called for too many men this season already, had a goal disallowed and haven't had that many non warranted calls. Let's look at the other side of the puck...Armstrong got slashes and had to leave the game in the first period where there was no call. He didn't return to the game. The goal shouldn't of counted, but you have to get over it. Don't blame the Leafs or fans bc the ref is out to lunch. Your GM should of immediately called the league office and complain about the official. (Burke does for any officiating non calls) Like i said in the Leaf thread, Versteeg got a goal disallowed last week when it should of counted...every team gets shafted once and a while.

I just regret that Caber got an assist on the goal. I liked the boo bird when he touched the puck :)

17. Redknapp11

Redknapp11 New Member

Jan 1, 2001
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Russia
    I've woken up to a new day and I'm over it... kinda. The ref's sucked, sucked big... lots of no calls went against the Panthers. What sucked just as bad was watching the Flames kick the Oilers around, although thankfully they woke up a little to take it to o/t.

I love the Leaf Nation... even without the Ukrainian manchild being on your roster:D

18. Forza_Totti

Forza_Totti Member

Oct 16, 2006
    Toronto
    Club:
    AS Roma
    ^ I haven't heard much of FLA this season, but do you guys always play this style or was it just bc you were on the road? Bc if you guys play this way on the road...you;re going to win your fair share of games. (As long as Caber doesn't score in his own net lol) When Phil put the puck through his legs and went around him..i got dejavu lol

19. Redknapp11

Redknapp11 New Member

Jan 1, 2001
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Russia
    Well, aside from our home game against Dallas and now last night's laugher... we have been playing some good attractive hockey. Fun team to watch if you ever get the chance to check them out again.

20. Redknapp11

Redknapp11 New Member

Jan 1, 2001
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Russia
    5 - 3 loss in Ottawa ... two late goals in the 3rd make the score look much better then it actually was. We stunk.... not a pretty game.

And the blackout watch is now at 6 games. No FSN viewing or center ice, terrible.

At least I saw Alexei Kovalev score, I'll take that as my consolation prize.

21. Redknapp11

Redknapp11 New Member

Jan 1, 2001
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Russia
    This season is starting to scare me a little. Not only am I still getting the black outs on local feeds but the team is dropping easy points. Up 3-2 last night we managed to give away two goals in under 2 minutes in the 3rd period.

Good win in Montreal over the weekend that's now tainted goods thanks to another sloppy effort in the 3rd.

22. Redknapp11

Redknapp11 New Member

Jan 1, 2001
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Russia
    This is the most frustrating team in the NHL. We go to toe to toe with anyone and play our hearts out, put 40 plus shots on net and come away with nothing.

Power play is uber terrible, worst in the NHL. If we could actually score on the PP, we'd be good for at least 5 more W's in our current standings.

Booth is now 10 plus games without a goal, including four games with 10 plus shots on net in game, including a record tieing 14 shots on net.

Good win last night against Tampa though... down 2 goals and came back to win in the shoot out. It's going to be an interesting year here in South Florida.

23. Chacal

Chacal Member

Oct 11, 2010
    California
    Club:
    FC Porto
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ^

I saw the end of the game last night in Tampa, very nice comeback. Great goal by Kulikov, and Vokoun was of course very solid.

24. Redknapp11

Redknapp11 New Member

Jan 1, 2001
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Russia
    This team still kills me... PP is just terrible, I mean funky, rank & perverse. If we could get some PP goals we'd be sitting pretty. Just can't believe how unbelievably unlucky this team his, it's on a biblical level at the moment how many times we've been snake bitten.

Bernier is finally coming around... if Olesz comes back soon, we might salvage something but it's getting interesting down here. Phoenix tonight is massive, a loss will put us 100% behind the 8 ball.