News: Flight carrying Chapecoencse in accident

Discussion in 'Brazil: Clubs and Competitions' started by Nacional Tijuana, Nov 29, 2016.

1. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I'd leave it up to Chapecoense. Pressuring them is pretty sick and twisted. If it were me, I wouldn't play.

2. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Eu teria falado, a festa a gente vai fazer quando voce for preso.

old_carioca_in_nyc repped this.
  3. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Mandou bem Mauro Beting ... :ROFLMAO:

"Se Marco Polo del Nero exige que a Chapecoense jogue a última partida do BR-16, que tal uma partida em Nova York? Com pontapé inicial do presidente da CBF. "

4. MerlinRM

MerlinRM Member+

May 5, 2014
    NorthEast USA
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Atletico Nacional is throwing a great memorial service right now.

Here is a live link:

Rickdog repped this.
  5. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    That is incredibly classy.

condor11 and MerlinRM repped this.
  6. MerlinRM

MerlinRM Member+

May 5, 2014
    NorthEast USA
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
  7. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Amazing tribute done by Nacional and their fans at their stadium. Words really can't describe it.

MerlinRM, Rickdog and Century's Best repped this.
  8. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    To think it's not their team and they held this event for 3:30 hours to honor them in a packed stadium, that is simply unbelievable.

@J-Mezzy ... I applaud your team.

MerlinRM repped this.
  9. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    A packed stadium doesn't even say it all. A ton of people were outside of the stadium because there wasn't room in the stadium.

10. Century's Best

Century's Best Member+

Jul 29, 2003
    USA
    Não podemos NUNCA mais vaiar os times colombianos quando eles vierem jogar no Brasil. Esse geste que eles fizeram para homenagear os jogadores da Chapecoense foi incrível. Se existe fraternidade sul-americana, duvido que chegarei a ver um exemplo deste tamanho.

E apesar de gostar do Real Madrid, vou torcer fudido pelo Atl. Nacional no Mundial de Clubes.

11. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil

Rickdog repped this.
  12. Rickdog

Rickdog Member+

Jun 16, 2010
    Santiago, Chile
    Club:
    CD Colo Colo
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Highly emotional video.
    I couldn't stop crying, while looking at it.....

13. old_carioca_in_nyc

Jan 26, 2007
    I want to see Colombia win the World Cup!!!
    Vamos Colombia!
    The best coffee in the universe!!!

pepinointer repped this.
  14. Zandi360

Zandi360 Member+

Dec 10, 2013
    Club:
    Sepahan
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    How can lack of fuel actually be an issue leading to such tragedy in this day and age?? I don't understand that. Although it seems like the pilot gave the emergency call way too late, and kept just saying he had a fuel issue, and the controller made them wait too long in favour of some other planes because of high traffic...

That's why they turned in a circle for too long and made the fuel run out. This really could have been prevented, it's really sad

15. cpwilson80

cpwilson80 Member+

Mar 20, 2001
    Boston
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Any word on where people could donate directly to the families/club?

16. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    the another plane had an emergency.....

17. Zandi360

Zandi360 Member+

Dec 10, 2013
    Club:
    Sepahan
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Filipe Machado, a former player in Saba Qom which is an Iranian team in the 1st division, was a Chapecoense player and unfortunately was on that flight. Today Saba players wore this shirt with his picture in his honor:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

pepinointer repped this.
  18. Guigs

Guigs Member+

Dec 9, 2011
    Club:
    Vasco da Gama Rio Janeiro
    The other plane also had a fuel emergency, but within the acceptable threshold. The pattern was full so they make planes fly on loops until they can land. And the planes with less fuel get priority on going out of the loop first. Imagine your car going into the E sign for fuel. It doesn't mean it will stop working in the next mile, it means it is time for you to look for a gas station. LaMia flight apparently came into the area already on E, because the range of the plane was very close to the distance they flew. So when they were asked to loop they already were on E.

I'm not a pilot of anything, but from what I have gathered from my friends who are helicopter pilots. If you call an emergency because you are low on fuel and it is your own fault, (meaning you did not plan your route correctly leaving room on your range for emergencies) you will lose your pilot's license and the company will also lose their license to charter flights.

So a very simple way of explaning it, not the exact numbers but just a way people can understand (how they explained it to me since I'm not an aviation person)...

when flight planning if your range is 1000 miles, you need to save 150 of those miles for emergency. Meaning your actual range is 850. If you have a flight which is longer than 850 miles you should not fly it on an aircraft that has a 1000 mile range.

But they also told me that somebody in Bolivia knew of the flight plan, since you have to declare it before every take off.

Just so you guys understand with the actual numbers from this aircraft. it's range is 3000 KM.. the flight was a little over 3000 KMs long. So it arrived in the area of Medelin already on E. The 2 loops it had to do in pattern made sure it ran out of fuel.

celito repped this.
  19. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Did he play with any of the players currently on the team?

20. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Do your friends know why there was an electrical failure too?

21. Zandi360

Zandi360 Member+

Dec 10, 2013
    Club:
    Sepahan
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    #96 Zandi360, Dec 1, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 1, 2016
    Yes many did since he only played there few months ago (15-16 season), which is what is even more unbelievable and sad to think about.

Most former Saba Iranian players who played with him and now somewhere else also posted their sadness about Machado and the incident on instagram like here for example:

[​IMG]

Coach and former Iran/Bayern Munich player Ali Daei who personnally brought him to Iran to his team was the first to express his condolences

[​IMG]

pepinointer repped this.
  22. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    That exactly what I've read. The airline company already said he was supposed to stop in Bogota to refuel. That may have been part of the original flight plan sent to Colombia, but one guy said on TV some pilots (I am guessing not commercial of course) ignore the flight plan. That would be considered fraud. Maybe weather in Bogota area came into play ?

The pilot did inform the tower he was low on fuel way too late. I think it was 7 minutes before the plane went down. Sounds like he was trying to cover his ass. Stupid thing to do when your own life is at stake. But I guess he already entered the Medellin airport area with very low fuel. Not sure how much earlier he could have communicated to them he was low on fuel.

23. midfield.design

May 13, 2015
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Bigger commercial airplanes have a unit called APU which is a small engine in itself that helps feed the electrical system. That APU unit needs fuel to run so if their was no fuel it wouldnt work and you would have an electronic shutdown. Now if the APU were ever to crap out during flight the engines are designed to run the electric system. Airplanes are designed to always have backup system but in this case they lost fuel which made their engines to probably shut off then they were running off their APU until all the fuel was used. I used to be an airplane mechanic and I'm in totally shock this happened. For every flight the fuel sheets had to be signed off on and this tragedy was probably because of human greed

Mengão86 and Guigs repped this.
  24. Guigs

Guigs Member+

Dec 9, 2011
    Club:
    Vasco da Gama Rio Janeiro
    Nobody knows if there was an electrical failure or not. Eventually it will come out on the investigations and the data from the recovered black box.

The assumption people are working under right now is that this was (as most airplane crashes are) human error

25. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil