FK Partizan - Djurgårdens IF [R]

Discussion in 'Scandinavia' started by Dune, Jul 30, 2003.

1. Dune

Dune Member

Feb 10, 1999
    Djurgården got a good result in their Champions league qualifier against Partizan in Belgrade, 1-1.
    After a goalless first half Illic scored for Partizan in the 60th minute, Makondele equalized ten minutes later. If Djurgården manage to get past Partizan they have Newcastle United in the last qualifier before the group stage.

2. Captain Splarg

Apr 25, 1999
    Pacific Grove, CA
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If DIF can knock out those Newcastle muppets, i will be one of the happiest people ever.

I'm going to Newcastle's home match (the 2'nd) if DIF make it there or not. I just really really hope they do!

3. Dandal

Dandal Member

Jul 20, 2002
    Sweden
    Club:
    --other--
    It was a fun game to watch. Djurgården, who plays attractive, attacking football in Allsvenskan, did what swedish teams usually do when they meet superior teams; 11 men playing defense. I don't think they ever made it over to Partizan's side of the field the first half. The second half the Partizan players looked a bit tired and things evened out a bit.

Djurgården's best players were definitely the center defense players Markus Karlsson and Toni Kuivasto. Also cool that Djurgården's involvement with Kinshasa FC starts to pay off with Makondele's important equaliser.

And by the way, I'm usually happy when Djurgården gets defeated, but in this case I'll take the position of sensible Rangers fans this spring - the better Celtic did, the easier Rangers path to CL next season.

4. vico

vico Member

Aug 6, 2001
    Stockholm, Sweden
    i'd hate to see djurgårn advance

their fans would get just too cocky

5. seolseol

seolseol Member+

Apr 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    **** Källströms freekick deserved more!

6. Dune

Dune Member

Feb 10, 1999
    Djurgården is out of the tournament after a 2-2 draw in Stockholm. Partizan advance thanks to away goals.

7. papsucks

papsucks New Member

Jul 18, 2003
    WHAT A WASTE!!! Both Djurgarden and Helsinki are out! My 2 supported teams from Swedish & Finnish let me down :(

Even Orgryte is also out earlier on. So sad...