First tailgate: News and info: Lot 8 is a MESS

Discussion in 'Barra Brava' started by Bootsy Collins, Mar 24, 2010.

1. Bootsy Collins

Bootsy Collins Player of the Year

Oct 18, 2004
    Capitol Hill
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Actually, Pauly, with those pics it looks a little better than yesterday in that it looks like they've moved the fenceline a little further away from the Barra tailgate area. That opens up a little bit more parking there -- maybe one row -- if you're brave enough to subject your car to it.

2. Bootsy Collins

Oct 18, 2004
    Capitol Hill
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Imagine an area bounded by: Independence Avenue; the Media Lot; the parking lot pathway that comes out of the Media lot; and the entrance channel off Independence Avenue. That's paved and painted with stripes.

Also, a narrow stretch running SE from the paved area, across the area where the SEs tailgate, is paved up to a certain distance; I can't remember how far towards the Barra area that goes. You can see that in the 2nd picture of Pauly's second set of thumbnails above.

3. CHICO13

CHICO13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 4, 2001
    SECTION 135
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
  4. HomeatHighbury

Mar 25, 2006
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Nice pictures, Pauly. Actually more parking than I was imagining going off all the emails. I'm getting there woah early...******** you Fenty and your Lot 7.

5. CHICO13

CHICO13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 4, 2001
    SECTION 135
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Basically what this means is if you're coming in from the Virgina side and everything between the front gate and Lot 8 fills up you will be shuttled to Lots 3 and 7. Don't quote me but I think you'll get the same business if you come in from Independence. Keep in mind that parking at our tailgate will be extremely limited. Space will be reserved for both bands and Hells Kitchen. I hate to say it but alot of people will be having to walk from 3 and 7 to our tailgate. This sucks a big suck.

Your DC Government at work. Basically they're telling us and the team we don't matter and they don't give a shit.

6. HomeatHighbury

Mar 25, 2006
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Yup.

7. HomeatHighbury

Mar 25, 2006
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    So wait, where is this stage gonna be?

8. Bootsy Collins

Oct 18, 2004
    Capitol Hill
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    For those that don't know, the access road from the SE-SW continues on past the Barra tailgate area, along the perimeter of Lot 8, goes underneath East Capitol Street, and into Lot 7. Lot 7 is essentially the mirror image of Lot 8 on the other (north) side of the stadium.

It's also possible that when Lot 8 is full, they'll just close that gate and tell people to go around the stadium to the Lot 7 entry gate(s). So be ready for anything.

Addendum: a number of people are going to have many and/or heavy things to unload. If your normal routine is parking on the grass, and you get there early enough to do so, I hate to say this, but unless you have a bunch of stuff to setup and tear down, consider parking on the pavement or further away. I know it sucks to walk a long way to the tailgate area; but it also sucks if everyone parks there that can, and we don't have space to set up the stage show or the kitchen or the community/food tables.

Yup.

9. Pops United

Pops United New Member

Sep 3, 2007
    Section 137
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Chico: How early can we get in Lot 8? I'm planning to get there as early as possible to grab a spot for me and help set up and mark off the area for the bands.

10. NattyBo

NattyBo Member+

Apr 30, 2004
    Nunya
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Ditto this, trying to get in as early as possible. Im going to try and park around the normal area but dont want to be in the way of the stage - I know where Hell's Kitchen sets up, obviously.

11. CHICO13

CHICO13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 4, 2001
    SECTION 135
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Oscar's trying to get them to open up an hour earlier at 2:30 but it isn't looking good. 3:30 is the normal time but maybe Oscar can get you in earlier as you're setting up too. Give him a call at 571-594-3819

I'll drop you a message on fb later. I have to run out right now for a few hours..

12. Gavinmgraham

Gavinmgraham New Member

Nov 8, 2005
    The Bar(ra Brava)
    Justin has the new drum riser in his truck. 6 foot by 6 foot 2 feet above ground.

13. Bootsy Collins

Oct 18, 2004
    Capitol Hill
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thank you Gavin. Above and beyond given the time constraints.

14. Gavinmgraham

Gavinmgraham New Member

Nov 8, 2005
    The Bar(ra Brava)
    I'll shoot to be there at 2:45 or 3:00. I can get the stage moved to wherever the hell its going and help direct traffic. It might be a good idea to have an area for unloading cars then push them off to lot 7.

15. Gavinmgraham

Gavinmgraham New Member

Nov 8, 2005
    The Bar(ra Brava)
    Credit where credit is due. I literally could not have done it without Justin's help.

16. PedroUnited

PedroUnited Member

Oct 16, 2005
    Richmond, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you

17. Bootsy Collins

Oct 18, 2004
    Capitol Hill
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Much thanks to Justin as well.

18. greekchampion04

greekchampion04 Member+

Apr 2, 2006
    Richmond, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    yah im gonna get there niiice and early to guarentee myself a spot.. see yall in about 12 hours!!

19. Pats/Hokies Fan

Pats/Hokies Fan New Member

Sep 13, 2007
    Centreville, VA
    Just to tack onto all the Lot 8 mess, and the tourists that will be everywhere... for VA folks keep in mind the 14th st bridge construction/lane closures AND there's a Nationals game today @ 4pm. I know it's still pre-season, but still...

20. greekchampion04

greekchampion04 Member+

Apr 2, 2006
    Richmond, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ok... im really done waiting now... i need to find a way to make 4 hours fly by!!

21. Pops United

Pops United New Member

Sep 3, 2007
    Section 137
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just bout ready to head out the door.

22. greekchampion04

greekchampion04 Member+

Apr 2, 2006
    Richmond, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    out the door... picking up juan and fran on the way, armed with veggie burgers water, and some extra ice for the meats!!

(my girlfriend is coming later with jello shots)

23. CrimsonChin00

CrimsonChin00 New Member

Aug 8, 2007
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I love the smell of fresh tar.

24. PedroUnited

PedroUnited Member

Oct 16, 2005
    Richmond, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    thank you ALL for yesterday! We had a great time playing and Almost Human was great!

Thanks to those that brought us water, beer, whiskey and also Pops for the frozen drinks!

Also endless thanks hell's kitchen and their crew, Oscar for being well organized.

Gavin for building the drum riser last minute, you rule!

And everyone else!

25. Blancanieva

Blancanieva New Member

Sep 4, 2007
    Alexandria
    picked up some foil chafing/steam dish things at a restaurant supply store in c'bus