Fire Warzycha, 2012 Version 1.0

Discussion in 'Columbus Crew' started by NC Soccer United, Mar 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. crewfan_in_columbus

Feb 25, 2001
    Columbus is home
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Nice edit:laugh:

cam5fc repped this.
  2. chr1st

chr1st Member+

Jan 19, 2011
    Dayton
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The Beardie Goodness of Gaven prevails over those heathen rats in Chester and I still want to fire the Rifle.

eboe repped this.
  3. eboe

eboe Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    May 23, 2006
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Somehow I can see that this win streak is keeping Robert in a job for the rest of this season, unless we fold up and miss the playoffs. But I'd bet that we finish 6, like 3 points or less out of the playoffs, and he still gets the vote of confidence. UGH.

THOMA GOL repped this.
  4. THOMA GOL

THOMA GOL BigSoccer Supporter

Jul 16, 1999
    Frontier
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Coach for life derp derp derp

American Brummie repped this.
  5. chr1st

chr1st Member+

Jan 19, 2011
    Dayton
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Pffft... the job was his for the rest of the season regardless. I'd guess making the playoffs easily keeps him safe through the rest of his contract.

6. C-Bus20

C-Bus20 Member

Mar 1, 2009
    Everywhere
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I knew I could come on here and see some negativity....Thanks soccer experts!

7. DAK77

DAK77 Member+

Nov 10, 2008
    Merion Village, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Haters gonna hate

Some people just enjoy bitching instead of just enjoying the run of play this team is on

C-Bus20 repped this.
  8. crewfan_in_columbus

Feb 25, 2001
    Columbus is home
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Then why the f*ck did you come on here?

And to the conversation at hand..... Tired bodies, tired minds, make tired mistakes, both mental and physical. Clearly, this was a mental mistake on Josh.

We can argue if he should have even been out there. I think that's a fair argument. Start Vukovic, and bring Josh in at the 60th min if you want to get him time. Or start Josh, and bring on Vuko. How is he ever going to get back into game shape?

Now, RW has to come home and play either Vuko (who hasn't played in a month) or move D'OR out there, or Gehrig. Great. Three CB's again. Awesome.

RW better be buying St. Higuain, the patron saint of massiveness, something VERRRRYYY nice for saving his job.

9. C-Bus20

C-Bus20 Member

Mar 1, 2009
    Everywhere
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Why you mad bro? Look I can see you're upset becuase we won....Im not so ill enjoy this and you can hate life. Soccer experts!

stanger and DAK77 repped this.
  10. chr1st

chr1st Member+

Jan 19, 2011
    Dayton
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    [​IMG]

ZipSix and eclipse02 repped this.
  11. crewfan_in_columbus

Feb 25, 2001
    Columbus is home
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You don't know that I'm mad. You don't know me. You don't know shit about me, so don't act like you do. BRO.

You're the douche trolling your own team's forums. BRO.

C-Bus20 repped this.
  12. C-Bus20

C-Bus20 Member

Mar 1, 2009
    Everywhere
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You sound mad to me.....Its ok Im not judging you. But hey all of crew nation knows that the big soccer posters know all! Derrr fire the rifle, derrrr we suck! That better? Soccer experts!!

13. chr1st

chr1st Member+

Jan 19, 2011
    Dayton
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And another thing! If you think any of us are upset about a win, you're insane. Flat out, smearing your own feces on the wall, "mommy, why is that man talking to himself" insane. We all want this team to succeed. We wouldn't be fans if we didn't. But, we want our team to have the best chance to win, and many of us feel that the current coach inhibits the team's ability to do so.

Hell, each of us shared our joy and excitement in the PBP and post-match threads. We're happy with this team! We're happy to steal points from those pricks in Philly! But we don't have to be happy with the coach.

Trust me. If Bobby shocks the world and leads the team to MLS Cup or, hell, maybe even beyond a USL team in the USOC, I'll be first in line to sing the man's praises. But for now, I only have one thing to say...

FIRE THE RIFLE!

14. HardHatMike

HardHatMike DOOOOOOOOM!

Traktor Nebraska
    Aug 31, 2005
    Lincoln, Nebraska
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Think about it for a moment, if you will... this new team that we've seen since Higuain's arrival, with an Argentine God of Futból on on the sideline rather than a Polish Pop-gun.

The rest of the league wouldn't know what hit them.

BeMassiveSoccer and eboe repped this.
  15. Timon19

Timon19 Member+

Jun 2, 2007
    Akron, OH
    I'm not sure why someone would come to THIS ********ING THREAD and expect puppy dogs and rainbow farts.

16. Psycho_Derek

Psycho_Derek Member+

Nov 18, 2005
    of course the devils advocate in me could say that with so many games back to back, and more travel with less training sessions could mean that RW has less time to, err, stamp his "tactic authority" on the team or be less "hand's on"?

17. Psycho_Derek

Psycho_Derek Member+

Nov 18, 2005
    you don't need to be a soccer expert to know if you are being entertained or not. for me it is almost a year to the day I was disillusioned with the rifle and his tactics. maybe now he turns it around, maybe not, but we have had to put up with some cowardly and shitty displays in the last couple of seasons.

18. WTAMUCrew

WTAMUCrew Member

Mar 16, 2009
    Amarillo
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I never said there was one here in Columbus. What I was infering was that given our owners and their reputation for throwing cash every which way :whistling:...in the event of a change we are probably not going to get a sure thing right off the bat. And the uncertainty and roster turnover that comes with multiple coaching changes would do far more harm than good.

Also we have a pretty good front office, IMO, and they seem to have faith in the guy. His tactics seem unconventional, but honestly is there any reason to get angry other than you would do it another way? And I dont see either of you ever becoming head coach, nor will I so our opinions are shit really and don't matter...

One last opinion, probably shit but here it goes, I think we have a pretty good team now that we have an upgrade in attacking talent, a pretty good front office, and an above average MLS coach. I base those opinions off what I see on the field and our overall record since Sigi left. RW isn't Lombardi, but there was only one Lombardi.

19. POdinCowtown

POdinCowtown Member+

Jan 15, 2002
    Columbus
    I'm happy with the wins and would still like to see Bob fired. He's not doing a good job of managing the minutes and his subs are hit and miss. Even before adding Federico and Jairo, the Crew had more talent than some of our rivals but our results weren't too good apart from the trips to Portland and Seattle.

20. zman31

zman31 Member+

May 5, 1999
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    WTAMUCrew makes some good points. I joined the FIRE RW bandwagon this year. I think he could have done much better than he did with what he had to work with.

I will give credit where it is due though. He, Bliss and the rest of the front office have managed it seems to basically turn over the entire championship team while never missing the playoffs. In a parity league like ours that is pretty hard to do. We've rebuilt without ever sucking. Yes, we should have done better a few of these years, but playoffs are a crap-shoot.

We haven't made it this year yet, and I still think that we should be in the market for a new coach come December. But now that we've got some healthy bodies and a few players of superb quality have been brought in, things are not quite so dire as they were a few months back when even our victories were listless.

eclipse02 and WTAMUCrew repped this.
  21. cam5fc

cam5fc Member+

Sep 23, 2008
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I get a headache trying to think of how many different ways RW has mismanaged this team and how many times I (and many others among us) have mentioned those many mismanaged events.

Starting lineup, subs, team fundamentals, lack of accountability, yada, yada, yada.

A better coach doesn't have us struggling to smell the playoffs before Jairo and Frederico. A good coach has us right in the thick of it, because this team was good enough to be there through all the injuries. A good coach has us in the hunt so that when Jairo and Frederico get here, we ********ing launch off the floor of it and start challenging NY and KC. Its about getting the best with what you have, and RW doesn't do it.

Now, while I think it is likely we'll make the playoffs, we're not there yet. We're on a run of 3 W's against teams where anything less than that is inexcusable. We've still got a red hot Montreal this weekend, NY and KC later and road matches against the Fire and DC. This story ain't over.

Even then, from the start, I've been saying anything less than advancing past the first round of the playoffs is a failure. RW has failed to prove that he can win when it matters most.

chr1st repped this.
  22. WTAMUCrew

WTAMUCrew Member

Mar 16, 2009
    Amarillo
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I see what youre saying man, and believe me when I say that I'm not the staunch RW supporter that I come off as. I simply feel that it is the lesser of two evils to keep him as coach.

I also don't think that you can say that when we win, its all on the players, and when we lose its all on the coach. You need some consistency there, either it is one or the other or it falls on the shoulders of the team (coach and players). Getting our butts kicked in the playoffs the last couple of years has been painful, but we are more talented and experienced as a team, and I like our chance if we get in. If we get in I say we keep the coach.

p.s. when I say "you" I don't mean you directly, cam5fc.

23. Skeleton Crew

Skeleton Crew Member+

Mar 20, 2009
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Quoted for truthiness.
    Well crap, that IS a good point!

Seriously.

didnt change my mind tho. FIRE RW.

24. Aaron d

Aaron d Member+

May 15, 2005
    Wooster
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's easier to give credit when it's due if those deserving of credit took blame when it was due. I'm thrilled we're winning, but it never seems to be from RW doing anything to get these guys ready. In his interviews, comments, substitutions and in game yelling I don't see anything that says he is adding much to the play of the team.

crewfan_in_columbus repped this.
  25. 110toyourleft

110toyourleft Member+

Jan 27, 2007
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sorry, I don't have time to (yes i do, that should read "I'm too lazy to") read through the 2100+ posts on this topic, but I forget. Who do yall have lined up to coach this team?