Fire Osorio!!

Discussion in 'Mexico National Team' started by El_Huero, Oct 6, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hecho en Chivas

Hecho en Chivas Member+

Apr 22, 2004
    Chulajuana
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Osorio has shown many inconsistencies

We have yet to play well for the full 90 minutes. Either we play a great 1st or 2nd half

The 7-0 will never go away but hopefully over time he improves with certain subs and call ups. Most of all, stop with the damn rotations!

He knows his shit but lets his stubbornness get in the way at times. Unlike with past coaches, however, he has shown a lot of flexibility with formations

2. Serg33

Serg33 Member+

Jul 11, 2007
    I'm still on the "phuck this guy" train

3. Regulus Tera

Regulus Tera Member+

None
    Mexico
    Sep 10, 2012
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    TBQH I can't remember when't sthe last time Mexico has played an outstanding 90 minutes. Hell I can't even say when's the last time any team played an outstanding 90 minutes worldwide. Maybe Chile in the 7-0...

sizal9 repped this.
  4. Rebaño_Sagrado

Rebaño_Sagrado Member+

May 21, 2006
    Home
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    LGRod repped this.
  5. ...In my defense

Feb 11, 2006
    Habra otra palabra mas malgastada en el lexico del Futbol Mexicano que "inconsistencia"?

It's almost as if people expected the US wouldn't react to being a goal down, at home.

Como siempre, todo lo del pobre es robado.

6. Rafael Hernandez

Rafael Hernandez Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 6, 2002
    It's also like we haven't been embarrassed in Columbus every single time for 16 years.

chris2787, DankYummy and Hugo Sanchez repped this.
  7. Hugo Sanchez

Hugo Sanchez Member+

Aug 21, 2003
    MEX2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    The problem isn't inconsistencies or the reality that the gap in world talent has diminished, or none of those other cliches.

The problem is Osorio shits the bed and then the team pulls out a result in a tightly contested match where we should've won comfortably.

A lot of blame should be shouldered by the players, however they're not making the player selection or filling out the starting eleven.

Some people here as well as people I talk to, and some on the radio, commented that the players were giving each other a lot of instructions.

To the untrained eye, they're working together as a team.

However, I feel reasonably qualified to discuss this matter as I am USSF certified and have coached many Sunday beer league, competitive, youth as well as indoor and modified 8x8 on teams.

To me, the team has played long stretches of ball against Chile and last night in spite of Juan Carlos Osorio. There is no other reason why the players would be in such hot turmoil giving each other indications.

A lack of coaching in the most inopportune times is a recipe for disaster.

I still believe the guy has a whole roster of 35 to 40ish number of players to assemble a dynamic 23 man squad to both overcome these mishaps as well to fully compete with the world's best because this is how much I believe in the Mexican player's value.

We have youth, we have talent and we have heart. Let us not sell ourselves short.

It's a matter of this vato making the right adjustments going forward.

iveman27, Serg33, Various Styles and 2 others repped this.
  8. ...In my defense

Feb 11, 2006
    It's a matter of perception and we disagree, no hay pedo @Hugo Sanchez

Osorio got shit for tailoring a game plan vs Honduras last year in San Pedro Sula. We contained the Catrachos and finished them off in the second half with two quality plays by Corona and Damm.

Osorio trotted out a three man midfield vs Canada in March in Canada and we ran over them like they weren't even there.

Osorio lines up Marquez to collective groans vs Uruguay in the Copa America and Mexico had an overwhelmingly positive first half vs a team we hadn't beaten in nearly a decade in competitive and official games.

All the above games were preceded by tremendous criticism towards the coach. After the games, much of the same.

If the coach was nearly as crazy and incompetent as people claim he is, then it means our players are MUCH better than we think they are.

Neither is true.

Hecho en Chivas and DankYummy repped this.
  9. Hugo Sanchez

Hugo Sanchez Member+

Aug 21, 2003
    MEX2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    My response depends on how you view 2014.

I, like most people, get caught up in the emotional rollercoaster.

But the reality is we were playing bad in Brazil.

Cameroon -- Should've won clearly, unfortunate circumstances.. but then Piojo shit the bed and we were getting bombed on the final 10 minutes.

Brazil -- Amazing, gritty performance. However, there were long stretches of bunker ball. This is ugly.

Croatia -- I'd call it closer to the Camerun result, only with better finishing and less outside influence.

Holland -- We are winning and Piojo shits the bed. We don't know how to win. We don't belong here. We give up the 2 goals. Too good to be true, like a script from Hollywood.

Well, that's how I look at the Centenario.

And I was there in person.

Phoenix, Pasadena and Santa Clara.

Not that me being there matters, just highlighting how crushing it felt.

The Uruguay match is exactly how you describe last night, a tale of two halves.

We held on.

It's ugly.

Consider me old guard, where I still believe in fantasies where we win by simply putting on the jersey in this region. It's been so long since the Copa US and Copa Nike and the Gold Cups of the 90s, and yet I am stuck believing we should bomb on the USMNT 4-0 like no one's business.

Much different reality now, however, that isn't to say we haven't lent to this by not finishing them off when we had the chance.

Both Pasadena 2015 and last night, it shouldn't have gone so deep into the game without proper resolution.

We should have won comfortably, like Zague and Borgetti said.

I blame coaching for depth chart and swaps, as well as tactical prowess.

10. Rafael Hernandez

Staff Member

Mar 6, 2002
    Playing bad in Brazil in 2014? You can't be serious.

Serg33 and nicamex1935 repped this.
  11. la fresa

la fresa Member+

Oct 31, 2005
    texas
    Club:
    Serbian White Eagles
    I do feel like there are unrealistic expectations to how a game should play out. Maybe this is because of the era of the super euro teams of barcelona, bayern, real madrid, etc. where a 'good' team should absolutely dominate all 90 minutes against lesser opponents.

Haven't spent too much time here lately, but last night I was excited about the game. First half we played exceptionally well. Guadado being injured messed a lot of things up. I thought initially it was stupid to sub out reyes so quickly considering marquez can't play a full 90 at this level, but he proved me wrong. It was a difficult game but we deserved to win for sure. I come here afterwords and hear all this harsh criticism about various players, what they did wrong/how they could have performed better. its ridiculous, i feel like people have these lofty expectations which, when they're not met, you hit level 9,000 criticism mode automatically. Its like youre micromanaging a players every movement. maybe this is because too many people play video games or some shit, i don't know. i can't imagine not enjoying last nights win, though. pure lunacy.

chivamex10, hausen, Lukato and 5 others repped this.
  12. Rafael Hernandez

Staff Member

Mar 6, 2002
    This x100. People think that team is better because that's all they concentrate on. For all the shit the spazzos get about how they think the world will stand still and they are the only ones that are growing, Mexican fans do a similar thing and never credit the rival especially in CONCACAF.

I mean to say we play badly in Brazil...

13. Hugo Sanchez

Hugo Sanchez Member+

Aug 21, 2003
    MEX2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Some people have higher standards than you do.

There's nothing wrong with your simple expectations.

Various Styles repped this.
  14. Rafael Hernandez

Staff Member

Mar 6, 2002
    Those aren't high standards, there are ridiculous standards that are not based on reality.

15. Hugo Sanchez

Hugo Sanchez Member+

Aug 21, 2003
    MEX2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Your understanding of reality is a lot different from mine.

All I do is win.

chivamex10, Various Styles and sizal9 repped this.
  16. Hecho en Chivas

Hecho en Chivas Member+

Apr 22, 2004
    Chulajuana
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Charlie Sheen, is that you?

Hugo Sanchez repped this.
  17. sizal9

sizal9 Member+

Mexico
    Aug 24, 2005

Hugo Sanchez is, that you?

18. Puro_Sinaloa

Puro_Sinaloa Member+

Dec 3, 2005
    Mexico played the greatest 45 minutes I've seen in a long time. Then played a mediocre second half. What gives..

DankYummy repped this.
  19. cv11

cv11 Member

Feb 8, 2016
    No Guardado and Herrera alone with Marquez

20. Puro_Sinaloa

Puro_Sinaloa Member+

Dec 3, 2005
    Honestly, if Rafa hadn't scored on that header, we would be shitting all over him today and say how bad he looked.

iveman27 repped this.
  21. hausen

hausen Member+

Jun 18, 2014
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    My opinion on Osorio-

I think he has a good head on his shoulders and should be given the thumbs up for leading this Mexico team to the 2018 World Cup. This is a guy who commits mistakes (as we all do), but- has been capable of admitting to them and has completely blamed himself for tactical errors. That's one step. The positive of this? He's been putting the work in to prevent those mistakes from happening again. Since the beginning of his time with the national team, the mistakes have become less and the play has progressively become better.

He's grown alongside our players, going through some very hard times (Chile 7-0) and through good times (this win we just took away in Columbus). That type of emotional-rollercoaster bonding is something we have rarely seen in our national team because we've had the habit of firing our managers as soon as we've gotten the chance.

Yesterday night I saw a type of fierceness in our players I hadn't seen in a while, a willingness to win. Through the ups, downs and the amount of pressure that's been present with Osorio as our D.T., I thought that was an excellent sign to see. I think the players really are believing in him and his professionalism. He's very different from past D.T.'s we've had. As of right now, I'm on-board the Osorio train.

Otaku, Chico Facil and DankYummy repped this.
  22. OneJillion$$$

OneJillion$$$ Member+

Jun 19, 2015
  23. OneJillion$$$

OneJillion$$$ Member+

Jun 19, 2015
    #623 OneJillion$$$, Nov 12, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2016
    Seriously everyone on this board was calling for JDS to come on so that the midfield wouldn't suffer (after Guardado got injured).
    I mean we won and all, but man JCO made it more difficult than it should have.

It got so bad to the point where our forwards were hustling back to help out on defense. Not that that's necessarily a bad thing but the magnitude at which they were doing it was what was worrying me.

DankYummy repped this.
  24. Various Styles

Various Styles Member+

Mar 1, 2000
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    This is one of the worst Honduras sides of recent time. They were in really bad shape when Pinto took over; crashing out of three straight tournaments finishing at the bottom in each one. They do not even have the type of players we have been accustomed too. Their Hexagonal defeat at home to an ageing Panama shows that they are no where near their best.

Canada lost out of the Hex to a weak Hondu.. That tells us everything we need to know about the level these teams are in. And it is not about not respecting our rivals. This is about knowing that those teams are in transition and lack the type of players that make them stronger.

An own goal and a red card pretty much helped. Now, if Osorio is so tactically savvy how does he fail to control that situation with Uruguay dominating the majority of the second half. Marquez goal was more of a zafarrancho than a product of team play.

I don't see any criticism being warranted against Canada and Hondu but the Centenario games were all a disaster. I'm far from a tactical expert but after seeing how we looked in the group stage it was easy to see a team with clinical finishers would punish us.

I do not think he is crazy or incompetent. He just has a style of play that is not suited for the Mexican national team. He is trying to reinvent the wheel in a team where players are going into their 3rd and 4th World Cup tourney. He would of been better suited taking over the seleccion after 2018. In any case, after the U.S match I still have the impression that a better side would of exploited the team's deficiencies in the second half.

And we wont be facing any top opposition in meaningful games until the 2017 Confederations Cup.

Hugo Sanchez and Serg33 repped this.
  25. Hugo Sanchez

Hugo Sanchez Member+

Aug 21, 2003
    MEX2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Les digo.