Final Seeding and Discussion of Your Favorite Draw (AFC WCQ 2018-Round 3)

Discussion in 'AFC: Tournaments' started by AIL1998, Mar 29, 2016.

1. AIL1998

AIL1998 Member+

May 27, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #1 AIL1998, Mar 29, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 29, 2016
    You can discuss about your favorite draw for final round like which teams you want in your group and why.
    After the results of March matches, we can say that the teams are seeded evenly.

Here is the seeding for final round:

Pot 1: Iran, Australia
    Pot 2: South Korea, Japan
    Pot 3: Saudi Arabia, Uzbekistan
    Pot 4: UAE, China
    Pot 5: Qatar, Iraq
    Pot 6: Syria, Thailand

2. Farhad Khan

Farhad Khan Member

Jul 27, 2008
    Asia
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Are you sure that's correct?

3. AIL1998

AIL1998 Member+

May 27, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yes. 100%

4. persianfootball

persianfootball Member+

Aug 5, 2004
    outside your realm
    the biggest difference the draw makes for us is in pot 6. syria over thailand is a big difference. the others are not that different, although i think we would get more points against skorea than japan.

china and iraq are pretty much the same for us. uae is better than qatar but at the same time qatar always causes problems for us and against uae we can replicate our asian cup technique against them: let them have the ball and hit them on counters. so its somewhat even.

uzbekistan is better than saudi but saudi has its own issues that we all know about so its somewhat even.

Uzbekistan2006 repped this.
  5. Uzbekistan2006

Jan 4, 2005
    Khorezm, Uzbekistan
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Uzbekistan
    To be or not to be. :) i would like to be grouped with Australia, South Korea, Qatar, China, Thailand

killaorca repped this.
  6. heyheyhe11

heyheyhe11 Member+

Oct 1, 2009
    Club:
    PSV Eindhoven
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Since the top four Asian teams are distributed evenly then the next team on pot three to avoid is Uzbekistan. In opinion, they can play with just about anybody in Asia. They have plenty of ability to take over and finish the top two.

And for us East Asian nations, we get a rare team China appearance that this level. They could have either our team or Japan. China could also be a huge spoiler in this situation. And the last pot is tricky. Do not underestimate Thailand. I could see them pulling a result here and there.

But for me, I want Iran.

Diego Aguirre and Uzbekistan2006 repped this.
  7. Zandi360

Zandi360 Member+

Dec 10, 2013
    Club:
    Sepahan
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    I want:

- Iran
    - South Korea
    - Uzbekistan (although they are good but Saudi Arabia is full of non-football problems and bribing)
    - China
    - Iraq
    - Thailand

+PL+ repped this.
  8. Diego Aguirre

Diego Aguirre Member+

Oct 4, 2015
    Tashkent
    Nat'l Team:
    Uzbekistan
    Iran, South Korea, Uzbekistan, China, Qatar, Thailand

9. olimpialv

olimpialv Member

Jun 13, 2010
    las vegas, nv
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    I also think Uzis are the strongest followed by Iraqis. Both are tough to beat but Iraq has too much other problems. One or two "home" draws playing in third country, will eliminate them.
    The arabian brothers helped top4 take top two pots, drawing each other. After this, nothing became relevant now because there is no WAY FOR DEATH GROUP ANYMORE. These 4 teams will get most home and away points at the end.
    Uzbeks must win all home games and at least tie away games with top 2 seeded teams to advance. I will bet for top 4 plus Uzis 5th. place. I think Iraq, KSA, UAE, CHN or THAI will not win all their home matches and will drop more points away. I have no particular team but only want to avoid Iran, we already played last qualifying. Now is time to create a new 21st century classic, KOR-AUS. After last AFC, this time is perfect to make it happen.

10. Zandi360

Zandi360 Member+

Dec 10, 2013
    Club:
    Sepahan
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    I put my bet also on top 4 + Uzbekistan through playoff will make it

11. olimpialv

olimpialv Member

Jun 13, 2010
    las vegas, nv
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Uzbeks are dying to see us KOR-IRN-UZB in same group. Another 3rd. place secured for them. 5th ticket is dangerous.. you can meet team USA (If they keep Klinsmann as head coach), Jamaica or Trinidad & Tobago with 11 of 185 cm - 190 cm black guys running like Bolt.

KiarashM repped this.
  12. Diego Aguirre

Diego Aguirre Member+

Oct 4, 2015
    Tashkent
    Nat'l Team:
    Uzbekistan
    this time we don't have Shorakhmedov which likes to score own goal, or could you beat us without his goal in both matches? last time you qualified only due to luck scoring in three matches in the last 90+10 minutes and earning the same points with us

13. Zandi360

Zandi360 Member+

Dec 10, 2013
    Club:
    Sepahan
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Still Uzbekistan should be able to deal fairly well with anyone other than USA. Those teams are faster (not sure for Trinidad) but technically and even physically Uzbekistan are better

14. olimpialv

olimpialv Member

Jun 13, 2010
    las vegas, nv
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    That's why I said we got the best chances to put 5 teams now than ever and beat intercontinental playoffs for the first time in history. All eyes on USA-Guatemala game today. If they are eliminated, good for Asia. Better to play Guatemala than USA.

15. olimpialv

olimpialv Member

Jun 13, 2010
    las vegas, nv
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Watch Honduras eliminated to Salvador, another big team struggling at the bottom of the group.
    But probably USA and Honduras will win their home games. Wish at least one of them lose today.

16. qatarigunner

qatarigunner Member

Aug 25, 2014
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    I don't care about Pot2~6. I prefer Iran to Australia because Iran has never qualified for the finals back to back.

17. Zandi360

Zandi360 Member+

Dec 10, 2013
    Club:
    Sepahan
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Qatarigunner is fan of the Iranian national team he posts more about Iran than Iranians haha

Mani, KiarashM and Navid1337 repped this.
  18. Farhad Khan

Farhad Khan Member

Jul 27, 2008
    Asia
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    He barely posts about Qatar. Only about TM.

How much you wanna bet he is an Iranian troller acting as a Qatari fan who watches TM play, then gets drunk, and posts on BS for jokes and giggles?

Navid1337 repped this.
  19. olimpialv

olimpialv Member

Jun 13, 2010
    las vegas, nv
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    In case we end up in same group, we may lose one game and tie other with you but even if that happens, we still be able to get more points than you in other games with arabic teams and AUS/IRN and the rest. We passed last time like other majors because that happened. We took the most points before last game in the group. We rested best players, no need to win, Iran needed to win, after they were winning the game, they stopped pushing more, no need to... why? we both happily fulfilled our goal. I think you are strong and will be 3rd for sure in any group, you just don't need to prove beating tops. I am just saying if you want to step more up, is difficult because I really don't see Aussies and Japanese losing 2 of 5 games away or drawing 3 of 5 games home. Is not impossible but hard.
    Like in SA, after Brazil, Argentina and Uruguay, 2 tickets will eliminate two of Ecuador, Chile, Colombia and Paraguay. If Colombia beats Argentina, very possible, but eliminated, very possible, because Argentina will beat more teams. So far, looks Chile and Colombia will be eliminated this time.

KiarashM repped this.
  20. Valkyrie

Valkyrie Member

Mar 27, 2013
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Dude, chill out. I honestly don't think you can even mimic the relative success of your last failed qualification. Besides, you guys choked against jordan...

What do you think is going to happen if you somehow manage to clench the 5th spot, anyhow? Uzbekistan is going to magically turn into Holland? You're going to get crushed at the WC in a very humiliating manner judging by your past performances.

Start beating Iran, Japan, Korea, and Australia consistently then talk shit.

#Shittalk101
    #ExtensiveEducationAdministered
    #PatientInCriticalDelusionalStasis

21. redstar_1997

redstar_1997 Member

Dec 21, 2008
    Beijing/Tianjin
    Club:
    Tianjin Teda
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    I`am fron China! Today is night of China!
    All the counrty is happy,15 years, we come back Asian Final of World cup qualification today.
    I hope :

Australia
    Japan
    Saudi Arabia
    China
    Qatar
    Syria

But I think Maybe
    Australia
    Japan
    Uzbekistan
    China
    Qatar
    Thailand

In My memory:

China 1-0 Australia in 2008
    China 1-0 Iran in 2009
    China 3-0 South Korea in 2010
    China 3-3 Japan in 2013
    China 1-0 Saudi Arabia in 2015
    China 2-1 Uzbekistan in 2015
    China 2-1 U.A.E in 2011
    China 2-0 Qatar in 2016
    China 1-0 Iraq in 2013
    China 2-1 Syria in 2008
    China 3-0 Thailand in 2014

All the matches is "Maybe",. Do You know what is "Maybe",I don`t know.
    But I think everyone of China, and everyone of China National Team, they have only one goal:
    ————————

Play 2018 FIFA World Cup to Russia ! ! !
    Try Our best! one goal! one team!

22. hammad_friend

hammad_friend Member

Dec 26, 2005
    Dubai, Karachi
    Club:
    Al Hilal Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia

You have great chance to qualify. If and / or when you qualify, the entire Russia will be filled with Chinese since you are Russia's immediate and biggest neighbor ... :)

23. olimpialv

olimpialv Member

Jun 13, 2010
    las vegas, nv
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Welcome back China!
    From your SKorean neighbor

24. Valkyrie

Valkyrie Member

Mar 27, 2013
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Never gonna happen. Howcome you guys didn't try to host the WC instead? You'd be automatically qualified, and you have the resources to do it, not to mention a great financial incentive on top of that.

Even right now, WC '22 is up for grabs if you want it bad enough.

25. +PL+

+PL+ Member+

Jun 22, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    #25 +PL+, Mar 29, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 29, 2016
    What a wonderful logic that is? It is not a sickness to look for signs. It is easy, if team performs well it will qualify, if not it doesn't. According to current situation if CQ stays as Iranian coach, there is no room for failure, if he leaves there are some doubt but nothing major. It goes for other big 4 as well. Past records do nothing to help the teams keep qualifying.