FINAL Copa Libertadores 2014

Discussion in 'Copa Libertadores / Sudamericana' started by JAIME CHILE, Jul 31, 2014.

?

¿Quién será el Campeón de la Libertadores 2014?

1. San Lorenzo de Almagro(ARG)

5 vote(s)
    62.5%
  2. Nacional de Asunción(PAR)

3 vote(s)
    37.5%
  1. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Our continent will bounce back but hopefully not with san lorenzo... This team is made up of players of 2nd division or below quality for the most part... Buffarini (Talleres and Ferro), Cauteruccio (Quilmes), Ortigoza (Argentinos Juniors), Mercier (Flandria, Tristan Suarez, Platense), Torrico (godoy cruz), Matos (all boys, deportivo armenio)

Its by far the worst team to ever lift the trophy, and nacional would be playing in the Nacional B or probably the B Metropolitano or Argentina A (3rd divisions of Argentine football) a truly woeful team not even capable of threatening

locoxriver and SupaMario repped this.
  2. canis

canis Member

Jun 10, 2014
    La reina del Plata
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Que lindo sería que el pipi le gane a la farsa de CR7.

SupaMario repped this.
  3. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    El Pipi es hincha de Huracan y se va a jugar en Bahia de Brasil

4. canis

canis Member

Jun 10, 2014
    La reina del Plata
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I agree for the most part (think Mercier and Romagnoli are great players). But most of Argentina´s A players are subpar nowadays unfortunately.

5. canis

canis Member

Jun 10, 2014
    La reina del Plata
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Se va antes del partido? No sabia. Mas negro todavia el panorama.

6. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Mercier is very good, he is a late bloomer, but when i think of the team our club had the last time we won the Libertadores... Burgos, Hernan Diaz, Celso Ayala, Berizzo, Sorin; Almeyda, Astrada, Berti, Ortega, Gallardo, Cedres, Francescoli, Crespo, Amato... Then came Solari, Salas, Angel, Aimar, Saviola...

All of these guys played 1 world cup minimum from different countries too, and there isn't one world cup player on san lorenzo and probably no one who will ever play a world cup... And even now, they aren't close to being the best team in argentina. Sure they won the Inicial 2013, but they have been very poor since then... Hopefully Diego Milito and racing will bring them back to earth with a beat down this weekend

canis repped this.
  7. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Both sides of my family are canalla. I always kept an eye on Central and especially their fans :sneaky:.

8. canis

canis Member

Jun 10, 2014
    La reina del Plata
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Sure, and lets not remember 86`s team unless we want to cry. Unthinkable today to have such players in a local team.

9. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    If you don't keep an eye on Central fans, you've got something wrong with you...

[​IMG]

10. Bostero818

Bostero818 Member

Nov 5, 2011
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    My family is pretty mixed too
    The only Bosteros are me and my father
    His brother and sister are gallinas
    My dads Uncle and his family are all Diablos
    My mom is a gallina along with her father
    And I think I have a distant 2nd cousin from Rosario that likes Newells
    Go figure

canis repped this.
  11. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
  12. Latin Pride

Latin Pride Member

Aug 1, 2004
    In your house
    Club:
    Olimpia Asuncion
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Now that Bauza is going to coach Paraguay, I wonder if he's gonna be coaching San Lorenzo for the CWC.

13. Century's Best

Century's Best Member+

Jul 29, 2003
    USA
    I will agree with Cruzeiro had more quality than this CASLA side, but when the ball is rolling, it’s a unique game every time and CASLA won fair and square. No cheating, no catimba, nothing. They minded their business, played soccer, and were humble. They knew theirs is a limited team; if you watch them play, their greatest strength is that theirs is a very organized side. Against Grêmio, CASLA had 1 or 2 shots on goal in 180 minutes? Grêmio then, IMO, wasn’t inferior, but CASLA did their part. This is why they are going to the Club World Cup.

The World Cup, the Champions’ League, Copa América, every tournament… there are teams better than others, but once the match starts, it’s get the job done or go home. This wasn’t the first time a “lesser” team took the trophy. But as much as I may want to dislike CASLA because it’s an Argentine team (the rivalry between Brazil & Argentina), I just can’t. I didn’t watch the second half, but as far as I know, this team didn’t provoke opponents the way some Boca players provoked Emerson in 2012, and no CASLA player stole journalists’ gear as Santiago Silva took a cameraman’s camera.

Finally, an argument can be made, as RiverGaucho said, that this is “by far the worst team to ever lift the trophy.” If Nacional had won, I’d agree strongly. And he also said his country’s soccer has died given the modesty of CASLA’s quality. Well, perhaps with the exceptions of CARP now, and Newell’s & Vélez (based on what I saw on their play earlier in this Libertadores), CASLA’s league needs to get better. I’m not knocking on CASLA; they won it fairly. But they were recently champions of their country without once defeating the next top-ranked teams. A strange way to be a champion. In Brazil, the champion of the league almost always defeats the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th ranked teams.

canis repped this.
  14. Brasitusa

Brasitusa Member+

AC Milan
    Italy
    May 14, 2014
    Club:
    New York City FC
    True. As a matter of fact it looks like Argentine football in general is becoming better in the realm of sportsmanship and fair play. Their national team in the recent World Cup was one of the cleanest Argentine teams I've ever seen.

15. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    [​IMG]

canis repped this.