Filipinas Rising (The Philippines Women's Football Thread)

Discussion in 'Women's International' started by Dernhelm, Apr 22, 2017.

1. Dernhelm

Dernhelm Member+

May 13, 2014
    Drovers Run
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Philippines
    blissett and KAPIJXM repped this.
  2. Lechus7

Lechus7 Member+

Aug 31, 2011
    Wroclaw
    Sara Castaneda :)

Dernhelm and blissett repped this.
  3. Dernhelm

Dernhelm Member+

May 13, 2014
    Drovers Run
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Philippines
    gricio61, blissett and KAPIJXM repped this.
  4. Dernhelm

Dernhelm Member+

May 13, 2014
    Drovers Run
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Philippines
    The awardee had a few words :)

PS: Yes you can see me there :p

datschge, blissett and KAPIJXM repped this.
  5. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    You're credited editing, photos, video... you only have to make music and to actually play football on the pitch too, and then you can make these videos all alone, Mia!!! :laugh:

datschge and Dernhelm repped this.
  6. Dernhelm

Dernhelm Member+

May 13, 2014
    Drovers Run
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Philippines
    Hahahaha no i don't want to do that, as much as possible i'd like others to do the work themselves and i just edit videos :) Which is something that was made possible for another video that we will release soon ;)

blissett repped this.
  7. Lechus7

Lechus7 Member+

Aug 31, 2011
    Wroclaw
  8. Dernhelm

Dernhelm Member+

May 13, 2014
    Drovers Run
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Philippines
    Hello yes! He seems alright. I've met and talked with him haha!

9. Lechus7

Lechus7 Member+

Aug 31, 2011
    Wroclaw
    2nd team cheated in teamwork practice :cool::ROFLMAO:

Dernhelm repped this.
  10. Dernhelm

Dernhelm Member+

May 13, 2014
    Drovers Run
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Philippines
    I loved it when the Coach was chastising the girls, "Ayayayay girls what is this technique??!?" in a thick French accent :giggle:

So yeah for this team we have now a Filipino-American-Canadian-English (the assistant coach who held up the winning cone, but he's based in USA)-French connection ;)

Lechus7 and blissett repped this.
  11. Dernhelm

Dernhelm Member+

May 13, 2014
    Drovers Run
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Philippines
    The girls are scheduled to play Speranza FC Takatsuki tomorrow! It's their last tuneup before coming back here.

Lechus7 and blissett repped this.
  12. Dernhelm

Dernhelm Member+

May 13, 2014
    Drovers Run
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Philippines
    datschge, KAPIJXM, Lechus7 and 1 other person repped this.
  13. Dernhelm

Dernhelm Member+

May 13, 2014
    Drovers Run
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Philippines
    just sharing this photo i took of the captains earlier... arrived in Amman after like 25 hours of travel... i looked like crap earlier out of exhaustion hahaha... i can't believe i've met Saki hahahaha

[​IMG]

datschge, Lechus7 and blissett repped this.
  14. Lechus7

Lechus7 Member+

Aug 31, 2011
    Wroclaw
    YEEEESSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!! :geek:

Dernhelm, KAPIJXM and blissett repped this.
  15. Dernhelm

Dernhelm Member+

May 13, 2014
    Drovers Run
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Philippines
    Aww that's so cute you like us Lechus :giggle: Btw most photos from the Philippine media are from me :D I'm the only representative of Philippine media :coffee: and because of that the federation has tasked me to share my photos to all hehe.

KAPIJXM, Lechus7 and blissett repped this.
  16. Dernhelm

Dernhelm Member+

May 13, 2014
    Drovers Run
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Philippines
    Just wanna share how awesome our midfield is... especially when it's Tahnai Annis (used to play in UEFA Women's Champions League), Marisa Park (our 2013 midfield whiz) and Sara Castañeda (our most gifted homegrown product... who the coach wants to bring to France 2nd Division!)

Lechus7 repped this.
  17. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I missed some steps, so I have to ask: what's the current percentage of "homegrown product" players and of US-based players in a typical Philippines' starting line-up?

Dernhelm repped this.
  18. Dernhelm

Dernhelm Member+

May 13, 2014
    Drovers Run
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Philippines
    Miniscule! Like 5 out of 23 and only Sara got to play (off the bench but very early sub who made a big impact) yesterday.

blissett repped this.
  19. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Wow, has to sting a lot for the local girls who actually conquered the qualification to this tournament... :unsure:

20. Dernhelm

Dernhelm Member+

May 13, 2014
    Drovers Run
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Philippines
    Yes, there was some backlash for a while. But you said it's the reality yourself, if the staff stuck with those girls... We most likely will be having a hard time matching up against the others.

blissett and KAPIJXM repped this.
  21. Lechus7

Lechus7 Member+

Aug 31, 2011
    Wroclaw
    @Dernhelm
    Could you please tell us how Jordan fans took this defeat? Cuz there was a lot of noise from them in first half and not so much in second ;) and they quickly left after the final whistle...
    Other thing, what's with all that empty stadiums? No comments about it between press teams? Beside the hosts all other games had perhaps a few hundred people watching...is it cuz of women playing? prayer hours? or total lack of intrest in general....

22. E_ViLL14

E_ViLL14 Member

Jul 6, 2010
    You mean only 4! Impelido isn't homegrown.

On a more basic level though, that's just now how a national team works. Or at least it shouldn't. Just because you were part of the squad for one tournament, doesn't mean you'll be in it in the next. The squad for the qualifiers was barely good enough to qualify.

To rant a little bit, it's disappointing, pathetic and embarrassing that the PFF couldn't even get a proper outfitter for the team. They're the only team in the tournament wearing generic kits. lol! They spent so much time, money and effort to assemble the team and for all those camps but they couldn't even get an outfitter. What I find strange is that Mizuno seems to be associated with the team as they're logo is branded around yet they're not even outfitting the team.

blissett and Lechus7 repped this.
  23. Dernhelm

Dernhelm Member+

May 13, 2014
    Drovers Run
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Philippines
    She considers herself local and the federation also accepts it because she's been living in Manila for the past decade and a half.

As for Mizuno, we'll, there was a problem with their delivery hence that's the way things are now. I'd rather question LGR why they aren't willing to sponsor the Philippine Football Federation and always gets the fed to buy the material from them instead.

Agreed, no one has a pre-determined right to be on any squad (that's politics too in a way). It's always who is the best that is available at the moment.

JanBalk and blissett repped this.
  24. Dernhelm

Dernhelm Member+

May 13, 2014
    Drovers Run
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Philippines
    Funny you mention this but there was an incident that involved me getting lost with some weird cab driver who turned out to be sexist and was actually glad we beat Jordan because he hates women playing football. That they should stick to tennis or golf.

No question really about the empty stadiums yet because i haven't gotten around to it? I wasn't even able to watch Japan or Australia because of how busy i am! :cry:

But anyway yeah it could be that much of the population is still sexist like the cab driver (who oddly works for the event shuttling diplomats). But the ray of sunshine is when we travel to and from training, we'd pass by young boys and they'd eagerly wave at our bus and the girls. :)

As for Jordan... you know all the teams in the same group stay at the same hotel? And during mealtime we are seated next to Jordan and China soooo awkward much lol. Anyway one of the Jordan players or staff was heard saying in their language that we got lucky. Personally i think they just really underestimated us thinking they could dominate us again like in Tajikistan.

blissett and Lechus7 repped this.
  25. Lechus7

Lechus7 Member+

Aug 31, 2011
    Wroclaw
    That's very sad...:(
    I presume you are... beeing up on such early hour. But then again it's a good busy is it not? :D
    That's encouraging :)
    I agree. They did underestimated your team a lot. On the other hand perhaps pressure of playing in front of home crowd got to them as well.

Keepin fingers crossed for next games!

Dernhelm and blissett repped this.