Fighting age fraud in AFC

Discussion in 'AFC: Tournaments' started by +PL+, Mar 23, 2016.

1. +PL+

+PL+ Member+

Jun 22, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    #1 +PL+, Mar 23, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2016
    Age fraud in youth level is an unfortunate practice done in few countries around the world. For example one of Nigerian coaches came out and spoke about this problem in Nigeria and the real reason why Nigerian youth teams are super awesome but the Nigerian senior team is experiencing set backs.

In brief it kills the opportunity for countries who have the real talents and it will also impacts the countries who practice this on their senior level. Why? we can discuss this further here.

The purpose of this thread is to address this unfortunate practice in general in AFC and find the reasons behind making such decision. I also like to discuss the direct and indirect consequences of this practice on the countries that resort to this and also other nations.

For example I think when overage players fill the place there will be no room for real talents who may shine in this youth teams. The overage player may shine in a short period and get some praises in media but he/she will disappear very soon because of passing the prime time. It will also affects other nations which may try to field no overage players simply with repeated failing results.

Is there any safe way to determine the age of a player other than MRI pictures? Apparently MRI are not considered solid proof for deciding the age of a football player.

If you have any useful info (physical, medical, legal, past experience, suggestion) please share it here. I really want to fight this at least in AFC. It can help to lift Asian standards in football and AFC championship will be more competitive if we show and follow the right path to success. It will give hope and inspiration and fortunately removes distastefulness or distrust.

2. el-capitano

el-capitano Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 30, 2005
    Sydney
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    I'll allow this thread- but will keep it on a short leash. If it starts becoming an Iraqi/Iranian pissing competition it gets closed.

3. +PL+

+PL+ Member+

Jun 22, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Why don't you give warning to people who insult each other with name calling and BS in first place to prevent every other thread turning into a Iranian/Iraqi pissing contest. Debate should be tolerated but trouble makers should be on leash. I even encourage you to pass warning to whoever trying to derail this thread and ruin it (no matter Iranian member or Iraqi). I want to have a civilized conversation. Thank you.

So please keep this classy and everyone should be happy.

Zandi360 and MVP#3 repped this.
  4. Farhad Khan

Farhad Khan Member

Jul 27, 2008
    Asia
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    ummm i don't even need to mention who the real kings of age frauds are in AFC.

5. Md. Arefin Haider

Jan 11, 2015
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Bangladesh
    Bangladesh has got some serious issues in this age fraud aspect.