FIFA World Cup 2018 Preparation [R]

Discussion in 'Korea' started by GoYoungrokba, Sep 5, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GoYoungrokba

GoYoungrokba Member+

May 21, 2009
    Club:
    Suwon Bluewings
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    STY has just earned his job, period ;)
    He will manage KNT until Korea's final match in the WC 2018.

2. GoYoungrokba

GoYoungrokba Member+

May 21, 2009
    Club:
    Suwon Bluewings
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    I didn't even f**king say he will be our savior.
    He has just earned his job so he should be given a change to manage the team.
    You can criticize all you want but managerial change is different story.
    Whatever you have wished will be never happened until the end of WC 2018.

3. killaorca

killaorca Member+

AFC Ajax
    May 11, 2010
    Pacific Ocean
    Club:
    RSC Anderlecht

jessypjs repped this.
  4. Hodori

Hodori Member+

Aug 12, 2010
    Earned his job? Based on what? Two piss poor draws that left us dependant on a result from both China and Iran (after they already achieved qualification)?

This is the same manager who bottled it after Iran went down to 10 men and was too scared to make an attacking substitution until the dying minutes even though he had a free opportunity to bet with house money after China went ahead against the Uzbekis. Based on the U20 WC and his in-match management in the past two matches, he is simply not ready for the WC.

Sons of Thunder repped this.
  5. Seol Korea

Seol Korea Member+

Jun 24, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Forced and earned are two different things, Shin Tae-yong didn't "earn" his job.

6. gunitinug

gunitinug Member

Sep 4, 2011
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    we are freakin' awesome!!!! let's celebrate!!!!

7. Seol Korea

Seol Korea Member+

Jun 24, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    GAMST is hilarous as fcuk :ROFLMAO:.

8. aeh1991

aeh1991 Member+

Dec 16, 2015
    Club:
    FC Augsburg
    There are tons of news bashing Hiddinks side about the timing. I guess they don't have money for him (who wants to work for free basically) but enough money to influence the whole media. :rolleyes:
    Kim Ho Gon, tech director (on the Hiddink rumor): "It's uncomfortable and frustrating. I have no words."
    Let them live inside in their bubbles. Suck ma d*** :mad:

chook90 repped this.
  9. Seol Korea

Seol Korea Member+

Jun 24, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    #109 Seol Korea, Sep 7, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 7, 2017
    Kim Ho-gon has no rights to say anything, and the public hasn't forgotten the shit he's said about Hiddink either.

김호곤: 히딩크 그 새끼.. 돈만 아는 인간이다. 내 지금 심정으로 이보다 더 심한 말도 할 수있다.

Let this sink in that fcuker.

Ice cube, chook90, Hodori and 2 others repped this.
  10. aeh1991

aeh1991 Member+

Dec 16, 2015
    Club:
    FC Augsburg
    Sorry but this has to be said for once: 우리 팬과 국민들은 그동안 불쾌하고, 어이가 없고 기가 찬 순간들이 얼마나 많았는데, 니 입에서 그딴 개같은 소리가 나요냐 이 머리에 똥찬 양반 ㅅㅋ야???

11. 10August2012

10August2012 Member+

Oct 28, 2012
    Melbourne
    Club:
    Sunnanå SK Skellefteå
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    꼰대s

chook90 and Seol Korea repped this.
  12. Seol Korea

Seol Korea Member+

Jun 24, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    치매 걸린 꼰대 맞음.

13. Seol Korea

Seol Korea Member+

Jun 24, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
  14. Seol Korea

Seol Korea Member+

Jun 24, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
  15. Reach24

Reach24 Member

South Korea FC
    South Korea
    May 2, 2012
    Korea Republic
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Maybe there's a hidden story between KFA and hiddink that's why kim ho gon is so bitter about hiddink.

16. aeh1991

aeh1991 Member+

Dec 16, 2015
    Club:
    FC Augsburg
    #116 aeh1991, Sep 7, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 7, 2017
    Speaking of preparation, what I want for the next friendlies, regardless of who is in charge, I would like to get these players tested (I am writing here to be clear: it's my subjective opinion):

Kwon Kyung Won: a left-footed CB/CDM who's good on the ball, has long passing skills and most importantly fighting spirit.
    He should get tested on Kim Young Gwon's position. We need a better left-footed CB. If not, we have to stick with KYG... I also doubt on Kim Min-Hyeok, the other left-footed CB, so Kwon could be THE solution.

Ahn Hyun Beom: probably the best RWB in the K-League. He would definitely do better than Ko Yo Han and Choi Chul Soon. Apparently, he improved his defensive skills over the last year (this season Jeju has conceded significantly less than last season). A young player who still has time to improve.

Chung Woon: Honestly, I haven't seen a lot of games, but many say he is one of the best LBs of the K-League. I'd be interested to see how he does compared to KJS and KMW. Also, a offensive-oriented player, who could be useful if we decide to use 3-4-3 more often.

Han Chan Hee: Yeah he disappointed at the U20 WC. But let's not forget that he just had come back after an injury. In the league, he's getting a lot of playing time and is one of the best of his age class and definitely needs to get tested.

Lee Myung Joo: Depending on his form after injury, I think he should get tested as the CDM. I know he's more like a box-to-box. But we really lack a hard-working CDM who can also pass (that's why HKY is not an option). Might still be better than JWY, HKY, JHS, SHM(Jeonbuk), LCD(Jeju), etc.

Lee Seung Woo: If he gets playing time, I don't see any reasons to not test him out. One of our biggest talents, no doubts.

Lee Jin Hyun: Same like LSW. If he keeps getting playing time, there's no need to not testing him. Tho I doubt that there'd be a place for him already in the squad for Russia.

Lee Jong Ho: a hustler. Unfortunately, as much as I like him, I don't think Lee Keun Ho has the class to go to the WC anymore. Jong Ho however could be the perfect replacement for him. They both are not really goal scoring machines, but they work really their arses off (just as Lee Chun Soo used to do). Considering we lack these kind of attackers, I think Lee Jong Ho should also get a chance. Ultimately, his chances against the likes of SHJ, JDW, etc. wouldn't be really high, but he might become a cinderella like Lee Jin Hyun at U20.

Players that we could get rid of:

Kim Kee Hee / Jang Hyun Soo / Kim Young Gwon: They got many chances and have always disappointed. I hope that we at least get rid of one or two (for me personally, it's JHS).

Jung Woo Young: Though surprisingly solid in the beginning, as further the match went, he became the old JWY again. And that player is not good enoug for the KNT. Period.

Kim Bo Kyung: he's solid but we have too many options on his position.

Nam Tae Hee: has shown nothing albeit getting a lot of chances under Stielike and compared to his standing in Qatar.

Kim Shin Wook: I am sick of the same tactics of using him as the target. It has never worked and it won't change in Russia. Besides his head he offers nothing. Might be a physical monster on domestic level, but against Kompany for example, he's nothing. If going for long balls, better use Ji Dong Won instead.

Players I'd like to return:

Park Joo Ho: I still think he is the best LB we have. He's very intelligent and has a great position play. Also brings experience and seriousness. But he needs to find a club ASAP!!! and get playing time. I am also interested to see him as a LCB in a 3-back formation (like Alaba for Bayern).

Suk Hyun Jun: If in form, the best classic striker we have. I hope he can find it back. If he does, we'll have one worry less.

Formation:

3-4-3:
    -------------------------GK (dont know who tbh)
    ------Kim Min Jae---Kwon Kyung Won----Park Joo Ho
    Ahn Hyun Beom---Koo Ja Cheol----Ki Sung Yong----Kim Min Woo/Chung Woon/Yeom
    -----Hwang Hee Chan--------Suk Hyun Jun----------Son Heung Min

4-3-3 offensive:

-------------------------GK
    Ahn-----Kim Min Jae-----Kwon Kyung Won-----Park Joo Ho
    ----------------Ki----------------Lee Myung Joo
    -------------------Lee Jae Sung/Kwon
    Hwang-----------------Suk--------------------Son

4-3-1-2:

-------------------------GK
    Ahn-----Kim Min Jae-----Kwon Kyung Won-----Park Joo Ho
    -----Lee Jae Sung-------Ki------Lee Myung Joo
    -------------------Kwon Chang Hoon
    -------------Hwang/Suk----------Son

joker: Lee Seung Woo

chook90, jessypjs and Kanuck repped this.
  17. Kanuck

Kanuck Member+

Feb 11, 2005
    La Belle Province
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    yeah, he has a certain delivery that is refreshing from all the other youtubers.

Seol Korea repped this.
  18. jessypjs

jessypjs Member+

May 3, 2010
    Club:
    AS Monaco FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Agree, excepted about your views on Nam Tae Hee and Kim Young Gwon.

19. aeh1991

aeh1991 Member+

Dec 16, 2015
    Club:
    FC Augsburg
    I forgot to mention Kim Tae Hwan from Sangju Sangmu. He's said to be a CDR type of fullback (also former wing forward). He is said to have good crossing skills and is known for his endless energy. Him and Ahn Hyun Beom should both get tested. They fit the description of a modern full back much better than the likes of CCS, LY, KCS, KYH, etc.

20. toohyper

toohyper Member+

Mar 23, 2004
    MI/NJ/NY
    Club:
    Gwangju FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    yeah Nam is a bit inconsistent but he can be a spark plug at times.

Kim Young Gwon is no good. I remember one poster here in BSK saying they rather have KYG than Phil Jones, LMAO.

Jung Woon would be an interesting option. He also has some European experience so he could be beneficial.

Jung Woo Young did better than I thought he would. Could be useful as a late defensive replacement if we are ever leading.

21. aeh1991

aeh1991 Member+

Dec 16, 2015
    Club:
    FC Augsburg
    Kim Young Gwon would have a place in my squad because he's left footed. Nothing more. And Nam Tae Hee would be replaced by Lee Seung Woo (both very skilled, good at dribbling, small height players).

Okay, agree on that.

22. toohyper

toohyper Member+

Mar 23, 2004
    MI/NJ/NY
    Club:
    Gwangju FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    I like Kim tae Hwan as well. Pacey back who can cross. No defense though.

23. aeh1991

aeh1991 Member+

Dec 16, 2015
    Club:
    FC Augsburg
    the question is, who from our RBs can defend anyway? ;)

24. toohyper

toohyper Member+

Mar 23, 2004
    MI/NJ/NY
    Club:
    Gwangju FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Agreed but a squad like us, I much rather have a defense-only back than a wingback. I honestly rather plug in a centerback with some pace. Not a popular opinion but how I feel.

25. aeh1991

aeh1991 Member+

Dec 16, 2015
    Club:
    FC Augsburg
    I'd use a 3-back system anyway. Then both AHB and KTH would be useful. I agree that as pure RBs they may be too offensive (esp KTH). And I don't think there's any CB who can play RB properly in our squad (and please no JHS... tho he'd be the only one CB who could do that..but we've seen how bad he is at it).