FIFA Women's World Cup 2019 France - tickets

Discussion in 'Women's World Cup' started by zdog, Oct 18, 2018.

1. lmsRVA2019

lmsRVA2019 New Member

Washington
    United States
    Jun 7, 2019
    I'm in need of 4 tickets to the Final in Lyon. We'll be in town but didn't get our tickets in time. If anyone finds themselves unable to go please message me!!

2. Bauser

Bauser Member+

Dec 23, 2000
    Norway
    Club:
    Fredrikstad FK
    Do you know how many tickets that are sold for Norway - Nigeria tonight?

3. zdog

zdog Member

Apr 18, 2006
    akatime / virginia
    While it doesn't give any sense of how widespread the problems were/are, this article in The Washington Post suggests that a few kinks remain in the ticketing process ...

Women’s World Cup fans enraged after ticketing nightmare leads to confusion, massive lines
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/spor...ting-nightmare-leads-confusion-massive-lines/

More problems with the ticketing service at the FIFA Women’s World Cup in France emerged this weekend as the tournament began play, further frustrating fans — many of whom made the trip overseas for the event — and opening up the championship to ridicule.

Spectators headed to the tournament’s first match between France and South Korea on Friday at the Parc de Princes in Paris were emailed new tickets a day earlier that they were required to print out so as to enter the stadium. The email with the subject line “FIFA Women’s World Cup France 2019 — Download your e-tickets!” caused confusion among fans because tickets became available for download last month.

Spectators were unclear upon reaching the stadium which tickets, originals or replacements, would secure admission. Some waited up to two hours in snaking lines at the box office, then encountered more turbulence inside as ushers were uncertain where fans should sit based on the duplicate certificates.

“Getting in the stadium was a f------ nightmare,” Sophie Durieux, a French supporter from outside Paris, told The Washington Post.

She said many fans disregarded the email that reissued tickets because they had printed out theirs weeks ago. When they couldn’t enter the stadium and needed the help of box office workers, event staff outside the stadium did not know where to send them for help.

“We waited on line and got right up to the gates where there was a bar code scanner — the tickets didn’t work,” Jennifer Doyle, who traveled from Los Angeles to attend the match, said in an email. “There were quite a few people at our gate in the same situation; this must have been happening all evening but the guards working the gates didn’t have reliable advice.

“We were sent to another gate and they didn’t know what to tell us so we got on line at the ticket office; quite a long line of people who had tickets that weren’t being recognized at the gate.”

4. shlj

shlj Member+

Apr 16, 2007
    London
    Club:
    FC Nantes
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    My sister had no problem, she had the last tickets downloaded though.
    1M tickets sold 14 gqmes sold out

blissett repped this.
  5. shlj

shlj Member+

Apr 16, 2007
    London
    Club:
    FC Nantes
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    The spread city by city

6. soccernutter

soccernutter Moderator
    Staff Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    Aug 22, 2001
    Near the mountains.
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just to add to this...I spoke with a guy who is attending with friends, and they have all their tickets exactly as expected. Granted, it is for the semis and finals, but he reported no problems at all.

7. jnielsen

jnielsen Member+

May 12, 2012
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Revealed in the NY Times Wed. that FIFA inflated the # of tix sold, and # of matches sold out. Who knows how many didn't try to get tix bcuz of that. Fools

8. shlj

shlj Member+

Apr 16, 2007
    London
    Club:
    FC Nantes
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    I find it strange because the French LOC always had consistent numbers in the papers will FIFA quoted different ones

9. Cliveworshipper

Cliveworshipper Member+

Dec 3, 2006

I have several friends over there. No problems getting tickets for any matches they wanted.

jnielsen and soccernutter repped this.
  10. bwiorly

bwiorly Member

May 3, 2004
    Louisville, KY
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    We've got tickets to the R16 game in Le Havre, QF in Rennes and both semis and the final. Our R16 and QF tickets are available to download/print, but not or semis and final tickets. Our seat assignments are listed in the "Details" column, but there's nothing in the "Send" and "E-tickets" column. Anyone in the same situation?

Hope this is resolved soon because we're starting our trip in just a few days and printing will be a lot harder when we're travelling.

11. zdog

zdog Member

Apr 18, 2006
    akatime / virginia
    Yes, we are. We have not received any related communication from FIFA. Have a look at the Washington Post article I linked to earlier; we are expecting something similar with the Lyon matches. Good luck!

12. Clarkmeister

Clarkmeister Member

Flamengo
    United States
    Feb 22, 2018
    Still could use two or three tix for USA Sweden. Hit me up.

13. shlj

shlj Member+

Apr 16, 2007
    London
    Club:
    FC Nantes
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Although it is sold put, you might try at one of the ground's billeterie, there might be some returns or resale...

14. Clarkmeister

Clarkmeister Member

Flamengo
    United States
    Feb 22, 2018
  15. zdog

zdog Member

Apr 18, 2006
    akatime / virginia
    Anybody else still unable to download their Lyon tickets? I wrote recently to 'tickets@loc2019.fr', asking what was going on, noting that
    • we have been unable to download our tickets for weeks,
    • that there was a related message on our account saying that we would be contacted, but that we had not been contacted,
    • and that we were about to leave for France.
    The reply email that I received stated that my tickets are now available for download.

I logged into my account and, you guessed it, they are not available for download.

I just talked to a friend experiencing the exact same problem -- she can't download her families tickets either, and she has not been contacted by FIFA.

16. cpthomas

cpthomas BigSoccer Supporter

Portland Thorns
    United States
    Jan 10, 2008
    Portland, Oregon
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #166 cpthomas, Jun 21, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2019
    I have two tickets to dispose of for each of:

Round of 16 Canada v Sweden, June 24, 9:00 pm, Parc Des Princes, Paris (Gate B, Stand Paris, Access 205 (enter at 105), Row 3, Seats 73 and 74), right at mid-field line, we had these for an earlier game, good seats)

Quarterfinals, winner of Germany v Nigeria versus winner of Sweden v Canada, June 29, 6:30 pm, Roazhon Park, Rennes (Gate 11, Stand Tribune L'Orient, Stair L, Row 10,Seats 17 and 19 (which I think are right next to each other))
    If any is looking for tickets to either of those games, PM me.

17. Clarkmeister

Clarkmeister Member

Flamengo
    United States
    Feb 22, 2018
    ZDog, I had that issue and called the FIFA support phone number. They then emailed me the tickets.

zdog repped this.
  18. Clarkmeister

Clarkmeister Member

Flamengo
    United States
    Feb 22, 2018
    All,

Be aware FIFA is continuing their tradition of releasing a small number of tickets about 24-hours before each match. So keep trying if you still need them, often they are great seats.

19. shlj

shlj Member+

Apr 16, 2007
    London
    Club:
    FC Nantes
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Some people are also putting tickets on twitter for example a couple were offered for USA v Sweden yesterday.

Clarkmeister repped this.
  20. socceroh

socceroh New Member

BSC
    United States
    Mar 7, 2019
    I have six category 3 tickets in 7th row with great view for round of 16 in Paris (Parc des princes) on 6/24. I also have three tickets to quarter final in Paris on 6/28, if anyone is looking for tickets.

21. ChristianRevolution

Oct 27, 2017
    Hi everyone ;
    I have 2 tickets to sell in Paris for USA v France in parc des princes
    Please contact me in PM if interested
    Ps: if really needed I can provide with a bit more than 2

Regards

22. zdog

zdog Member

Apr 18, 2006
    akatime / virginia
    FYI For anyone who had separated seats for the SF:
    FWIW I received a call from a very nice lady from the ticketing office today letting me know that we had been assigned new seats and that the tickets were now available for download from my account. (They are indeed now available.) She also said that our finals tickets would be available for download some time next week. A friend received a similar call around the same time.
    (I’m one case we are now all in the same row, in the other we are grouped in two rows directly in front / behind each other.)

For those in a similar situation: Hopefully things will be resolved for you soon as well, if they have not already been.

OL69OL repped this.
  23. frenchy wc19

frenchy wc19 New Member

Bordeaux
    France
    Jun 26, 2019
    Hello guys,

I've got two extra tickets for the quarter final US/France on Friday.
    Those tickets are VIP shared suite (parking, foods and beverage included) for decent price compare to what you can find on internet.

Just PM me if you are interested or if you know someone who could be.

To ensure you, I will hand over the tickets in front the stadium and you would come with me inside in order to make sure that everything is fine.

See you!

24. CurlyA

CurlyA New Member

Canada
    Jun 29, 2019
    Hi everyone,

I have two Cat 1 tickets with hospitality service to the England - USA semi-final in Lyon. PM me if interest.

25. Clarkmeister

Clarkmeister Member

Flamengo
    United States
    Feb 22, 2018
    FIFA has a lot of tix available directly on the site