FIFA Women's World Cup 2019 France - tickets

Discussion in 'Women's World Cup' started by zdog, Oct 18, 2018.

1. Jeanne K

Jeanne K New Member

Portland Thorns
    United States
    Mar 2, 2019
    New to this wonderful forum - wish I'd found it months ago.

I'm live in the USA, have tickets in Montpellier and Nice, but awaiting tickets opening again for Lyon. I see now that reopen will be 7 March, 9:00 my time (USA Eastern. Thanks for this info!). PLEASE --- any advice on how I should prepare to be grab a Lyon Champion package once they open the site? (I already have an apt in Lyon rented for a week!)

Thanks very very much.

Jeanne K
    Vermont, USA

2. shlj

shlj Member+

Apr 16, 2007
    London
    Club:
    FC Nantes
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Hello and welcome here.

You need to prepare to be ready at opening as the Lyon games will sell out quickly. You will need to buy single games tickets for the SF and finals as the full package sold out super quickly.

3. Jeanne K

Jeanne K New Member

Portland Thorns
    United States
    Mar 2, 2019
    What would "prepare to be ready" mean --- Being logged in to my account and watching a countdown clock? Sounds like my husband and I should both be ready on separate accounts and computers, yes?

4. shlj

shlj Member+

Apr 16, 2007
    London
    Club:
    FC Nantes
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Yeah, the LOC manager said in an interview that some games would sell out quickly and some fans would miss out.
    I mean the fans who missed out on the Lyon packages and the VISA pre-sale will be up for it.

5. Jeanne K

Jeanne K New Member

Portland Thorns
    United States
    Mar 2, 2019
    Thanks, shlj for the good advice.
    I see that the Lyon stadium holds 57,900, and FIFA says they've already sold 150.000 tickets for Lyon, so there are hardly any left. Wish me luck! Worst case is we find a sports bar in Lyon and watch with other unlucky fans (assuming there won't be a broadcast blackout in Lyon if the match is sold out!).

6. shlj

shlj Member+

Apr 16, 2007
    London
    Club:
    FC Nantes
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Don't worry the games will be shown on TF1 live. Good luck for tomorrow, the ticketing queue will be busy.

7. shlj

shlj Member+

Apr 16, 2007
    London
    Club:
    FC Nantes
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Today is the day :

1500 CET
    1400 UK and Portugal time
    0900 East Coast
    0600 West Coast
    2300 Japan and Korea

Good luck to all buying tickets. Latest FIFA news:

Category 4 tickets for all group matches will be available from EUR 9, apart from the opening match between France and Korea Republic at the Parc des Princes on Friday, 7 June, for which prices will start at EUR 13.

Lyon will host the semi-finals (2-3 July) and the final (7 July) of the tournament, with prices for the final ranging from EUR 23 for category 4 to EUR 84 for category 1.

An impressive 535,000 tickets have already been sold. French supporters are leading ticket purchases (53% of sales), with a significant number of fans from the USA (23%) and the Netherlands (9%) also snapping up tickets.

The three stadiums that have sold the most seats so far are Lyon (150,000), Paris (120,000) and Rennes (55,000).

*For configuration reasons, the ticketing website will not be active until 15:00 tomorrow.

sbahnhof repped this.
  8. Jeanne K

Jeanne K New Member

Portland Thorns
    United States
    Mar 2, 2019
    Reporting back from East Coast, USA: we were in the queue 20 minutes ahead, not early enough as we didn't get to the site until :20 after sales opened. By then, finals had sold out, but I did purchase two Cat 1 tickets for each semi final. At least we'll be in Lyon for the finals after-party!
    Thanks again for all the help from this fan page.

(Post-script: If anyone purchased finals tickets for friends who cannot attend, please keep me in mind. I would like to be your friend! I can bring you maple syrup from Vermont, USA! :))

9. JanBalk

JanBalk Member+

Jun 9, 2004
    I will mention you to my friends, that like me bought follow your team tickets for the Final but then decided they wanted to se the Final even if Sweden didn't reach it and was able to get ticket for it. So if Sweden do reach the Final they should have two tickets over. So not much of a chance.

Jeanne K repped this.
  10. shlj

shlj Member+

Apr 16, 2007
    London
    Club:
    FC Nantes
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    I think the LOC and FIFA are trying to set-up a ticket exchange system, so you might have a chance later. I hope you will enjoy France.

11. socceroh

socceroh New Member

BSC
    United States
    Mar 7, 2019
    Hi everyone,
    I’m a mother of a 10 year old girl who deeply fell in love with soccer. She plays a club soccer and has been improving a lot since she started two years ago. We are in US and purchased some packages during winter and purchased more tickets for better seats today. Very excited to go visit France and watch the games!
    I am hoping to see some ticket exchanges in the future as I have too many extra tickets including Paris city package which we can only watch one or two games in Paris. Anyway, happy to see you all here!

12. Jeanne K

Jeanne K New Member

Portland Thorns
    United States
    Mar 2, 2019
    I'll watch for that news. We were bumped out of the queue four (4) times, and were restarted at 0% ---- knew that by the time we got in that finale would be gone, so I hope they do set up exchanges. Thanks for the tip. And I already love France. This will be our sixth trip in nine years. :inlove:

13. AK-WC2019

AK-WC2019 New Member

Lyon
    France
    Mar 7, 2019
    Hello everyone,
    We have extra tickets (all tickets are together) for Lyon: both semi finals and the final:
    - semi final #1, 2July: 5 tickets, Cat3
    - semi final #2, 3 July: 7 tickets, Cat3
    - final 7 July: 5 tickets, Cat4
    Let me know if you know someone who is interested.
    Thank you

14. shlj

shlj Member+

Apr 16, 2007
    London
    Club:
    FC Nantes
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    3 games have sold out for general sale. Opening game in Paris, Parc des Princes.
    First semi-final and final. Lyon, Groupama Stadium.

15. shlj

shlj Member+

Apr 16, 2007
    London
    Club:
    FC Nantes
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    55 000 tickets sold yesterday.

16. Fuleco

Fuleco New Member

May 14, 2014
    I managed to get in exactly at 3 PM CET. I was able to get 2 tickets for the
    final. Absolutely delighted. This will be my second Women's World Cup after Canada in 2015.

I really hope they will release further tickets and the ticket exchange for the people who missed out. The demand for this year tournament is unreal compared to 2015.

Last year I went for the Men's final in Moscow and looking forward for the same great atmosphere in France!

jnielsen and sbahnhof repped this.
  17. shlj

shlj Member+

Apr 16, 2007
    London
    Club:
    FC Nantes
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    #67 shlj, Mar 9, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 9, 2019
    Another game just sold out : France v Nigeria

Overall half of the tickets available have been sold now

The second Lyon semi-final sold out yesterday.

USA-Sweden and Netherlands-Cameroon are also close to sell out.

18. shlj

shlj Member+

Apr 16, 2007
    London
    Club:
    FC Nantes
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Now confirmed by FIFA

19. sbahnhof

sbahnhof Member+

Nov 21, 2016
    Aotearoa
  20. Lechus7

Lechus7 Member+

Aug 31, 2011
    Wroclaw
  21. toad455

toad455 Member+

Nov 28, 2005
    Didn't think France could top Canada in tickets sold, but they clearly seem on their way.

22. shlj

shlj Member+

Apr 16, 2007
    London
    Club:
    FC Nantes
    Nat'l Team:
    France
  23. Kritsada

Kritsada New Member

Nov 6, 2013
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    I want to have the actual tickets as souvenirs not the printed at home ticket.

Anybody have an idea if there will be some tickets left to be sold at the stadium?

Sound a bit silly but I've collected football tickets from several tournaments I've visited so the e-ticket policy frustrated me a little bit.

24. shlj

shlj Member+

Apr 16, 2007
    London
    Club:
    FC Nantes
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    I think it is e-ticket for all the general sale, I guess the corporate VIP will have tickets and the press will have tickets as well. If you want one of mines, you are welcome to one of them.

25. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I managed to buy the tickets for the two matches I was mainly interested to, Argentina-Japan in Paris and Japan-England in Nice, although I am not sure at the moment if I'll be really able to attend due to possible conflicts with my work schedule. Anyway, I hope I'll manage to attend at least one of the two games. :)

I was tempted to try to secure a place for one of the semi-finals in Lyon also, since in July it's more likely that I can be free from work committments, but: a) Japan advancing to one of the two semi-finals would have been a discrimating factor for me to choose one of them, but I don't even know if Japan will advance so far; b) of course, that's not a problem, because both semifinals, by now, appear on the website as sold out and not available! :laugh: