FIFA vs. PES

Discussion in 'Games' started by El-CapitanoR7, Sep 13, 2012.

1. El-CapitanoR7

El-CapitanoR7 Member

Oct 30, 2008
    La la land
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Honestly Fifa is a kid's game. I have beaten so-called "masters" of the game. All you have to do is lob it to the wingers and your forwards.

PES is what you play if you enjoy a simulation.

Wytefang repped this.
  2. UnionFreak1

UnionFreak1 Member+

Oct 14, 2009
    Tucson, Baja AZ
    Club:
    FC Tucson
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Two licensed leagues! That's it.
    & you can go back to your forum.
    https://www.bigsoccer.com/community/threads/pes-2013.1973691/

3. El-CapitanoR7

El-CapitanoR7 Member

Oct 30, 2008
    La la land
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
  4. UnionFreak1

UnionFreak1 Member+

Oct 14, 2009
    Tucson, Baja AZ
    Club:
    FC Tucson
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I only (truly) care about the MLS & the USMNT. As long as FIFA has them, I'll keep buying the game.

Seraphim Renegade repped this.
  5. El-CapitanoR7

El-CapitanoR7 Member

Oct 30, 2008
    La la land
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    All 20 stadiums of La Liga with excellent chants, and important hymn's at the beginning/end of games( eg. Hala Madrid) . The games have clearly been separated :

1) Fifa- Child's game that is easy to play, lob, 1-2 passes, and EXTREMELY accurate heading . Silly dribble moves are extremely effective EVERY SINGLE GAME. Rainbow flicks GALORE !

2) PES- A tactical sandbox of a game with infinite possibilities and infinite number of goals. Silly dribble moves can be performed, but 9 times out of 10 it'll make the offensive player look silly. Defensive players do not run away randomly to allow silly lob passes that always lead to 1-1's.

Make that choice this year. Childish game that could be fun if you admit to yourself that it is nowhere near the real game (FIFA)

Realistic gameplay that actually allows players like Xavi and Pirlo to shine, and have excellent innovations like Player ID having special characteristics for certain players. A game where Athletic Bilbao can challenge Barcelona because of their superior size and strength. ( PES)

Wytefang repped this.
  6. ttrevett

ttrevett Member+

Apr 2, 2002
    Atlanta, GA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm assuming the EA Sports signs an exclusive contract with the leagues that PES does not have, and that is why PES doesn't have those leagues. It couldn't be that they don't have the funds or want to pay the funds to get the licenses?

7. UnionFreak1

UnionFreak1 Member+

Oct 14, 2009
    Tucson, Baja AZ
    Club:
    FC Tucson
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    EA has an exclusive license with the MLS & USMNT. That's all I really know about FIFA's licensing.

8. Cody667

Cody667 Member+

May 10, 2010
    Sudbury, ON
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England

That happens in every video game, some people (nowhere NEAR all people, like you seem to think) get really good at games and are able to turn every aspect of said game into a personal cakewalk. Don't for 1 second think that there aren't people who manage to pull that off in PES as well, because there are.

Second, PES doesn't have anywhere near the amount of leagues, clubs, players, nor does it have anything even close to comparable to Ultimate Team or Career Mode. FIFA also has a MUCH bigger online community, and the online seasons structure is absolute mint.

This final paragraph isn't specifically directed at you, but to everyone who prefers PES because of "more realistic online play." That's complete crap. The whining about opposing players constantly using skill moves to expose your defence is ridiculous. Just because you don't know how to utilize FIFA's defence system and can't properly stop the unrealistic spamming of skill moves (which really isn't very tough), isn't an indicator that PES is the better game. The hidden reasoning for that logic is that it's easier to play defence in PES, and therefore PES is better. That's complete and utter crap if you ask me.

Anyone who's played online seasons and has reached the top 4-5 divisions will begin to notice increasingly realistic online gameplay, and even more so as you hit divisions 1-3. The diversity of talent in the lower divisions is what makes people rage, because they're full of average/bad players who get matched up against good players who happen to be in the process of working their way up, and the lopsided results seem to enrage the lower division regulars, who:

A) Don't know how to use the defence system; because:
    i) (Most) They're too lazy to learn it; or
    ii) (Few) Aren't capable of learning it, which is fine considering this group usually doesn't care, they just play to have a good time, not as a competitive hobby. People who trash FIFA for all the reasons I've explained in my post just do not fit in this category, so it's actually irrelevant
    B) Aren't very adept with most skill moves (quite common); and:
    i) (Most) Seem to think that they're lack of ability to perform skill moves is the ONLY reason they lose so much; or
    ii) (Some) Don't have any desire to adapt to this inability by playing a passing, crossing, or counter attacking game (which all the better players from the top divisions do because of how easy skill moves and the 1 v 1 game in general is to defend)

Look, I'm an average FIFA player. My online peak was ONE season in division 2, and play most of my seasons in division 4. That being said, even when I was in div 2, I never got killed, and just barely got relegated. Speaking from experience there, most skill moves and other cheap unrealistic ploys (ping-pong passing, rushing the keeper, marking goal kicks, the excessive counter attacking on ultra-aggressive, and the give-and-go/lobbed through ball) just don't work anywhere near as often as people seem to think. In fact, the only skill moves that do tend to work in the higher divisions are the one's that are often used in real life, such as basic standing stepovers, elastico chops to change directions, fake shots, shoulder fakes, and the heavy touch with the right stick. I'm just sick of people trashing FIFA for all this reasons because there's just no truth to most of the crap it receives. The sales speak for themselves, there's a reason why FIFA is so much more popular, and it's not "Because EA makes it." The game isn't "too hard," "un-learnable," "cheap," or "heavily unrealistic."

AllNats, slkdave and UnionFreak1 repped this.
  9. El-CapitanoR7

El-CapitanoR7 Member

Oct 30, 2008
    La la land
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Your signature : Alteltico Madrid. Lol. I wouldn't trust you with your footballing reasoning. In South America, Italy, and the Middle East PES kills Fifa.

10. Cody667

Cody667 Member+

May 10, 2010
    Sudbury, ON
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Because I like Atletico Madrid? I'm a Liverpool fan first and foremost, and if you knew anything about football you'd realize that my liking for Atletico and Espanyol stems from my hatred of Barca and Madrid.

Not to mention you gave no intellectual counter argument to combat my point. Provide evidence to your claim that PES is more popular in the locations you mentioned, or else I'll take it as desperate made-up bullsh1t.

11. ---Z---

---Z--- Member+

Cagalhao
    Nov 2, 2005
    CAMPEAO
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    PES is more popular in Portugal too and most of Europe from
    What I've heard

Pes is much more realistic than FIFA ., pes 2013 looks really good I love the feel of it and btw I'm not a bad FIFA player know how to play the game just I find pes 2013 looks to be FUN and that's the main reason I play the game

The rivalry between the games is epitomized by their cover stars . Fifa had messi
    Cause all the noobs , but
    Pes with Ronaldo the true great player on the cover of the true football game

Wytefang repped this.
  12. Clenbuterol

Clenbuterol Red Card

Aug 25, 2011
    Club:
    --other--
    I like both games. FIFA has more official uniforms, names of teams and other licencing so I think it is better due to that.

I also prefer the game play of FIFA. PES seems too Eurocentric and I don't get the same feeling of creativity.

13. UnionFreak1

UnionFreak1 Member+

Oct 14, 2009
    Tucson, Baja AZ
    Club:
    FC Tucson
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Um......
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. ---Z---

---Z--- Member+

Cagalhao
    Nov 2, 2005
    CAMPEAO
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Lol
    Those are when pes regressed . Pes 2013 looks good and a return to the superiority of past pes incarnations .

15. ttrevett

ttrevett Member+

Apr 2, 2002
    Atlanta, GA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I would assume that if they have that with MLS, they have that with the other leagues that PES doesn't have. Shrew bit of business if that is so. Really the only thing that kept FIFA going through the 2000-2010 PES challenge. They really seem to have the edge on PES currently though.

16. Diable Rouge

Diable Rouge Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    no, it's just a monetary issue. konami doesn't feel like paying licensing fees for pricier leagues like the EPL. they usually only pay for 3-4 teams in england.

17. Bolivianfuego

Bolivianfuego Your favorite Bolivian

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    I downloaded version 2 of the demo for PES 2013.... IMO it actually is NOT as good as version 1.....

I am not convinced by PES 2013. I bought last years game... and DIDNT even play it!!! A waste of almost 60 dollars. I will not make that mistake again...

With that said.... I think FIFA takes it again. Not to mention the online of PES 2012 sucked too.

18. ttrevett

ttrevett Member+

Apr 2, 2002
    Atlanta, GA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I appreciate that, as I was going to make the transition to PES after playing the FIFA 2013 demo. If the online PES experience sucks, there is no reason to switch.

19. SoccerPrime

SoccerPrime Moderator
    Staff Member

All of them
    Apr 14, 2003
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If I'm interest in playing minor league lower level teams and promoting them up. Which game is better for that?

20. DrownedElf

DrownedElf Member+

Jul 5, 2010
    Ogden
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    FIFA 13. Unless things have changed, PES never had any lower divisions in the game.

21. SoccerPrime

SoccerPrime Moderator
    Staff Member

All of them
    Apr 14, 2003
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I heard that something called Master League in PES allowed you to get "promoted" and to create your own leagues. Does FIFA 13 (or even 12) have that?

22. El-CapitanoR7

El-CapitanoR7 Member

Oct 30, 2008
    La la land
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    That's completely true. PES does that. You just need an option file .. download it. Very easy stuff.

Wytefang repped this.
  23. SoccerPrime

SoccerPrime Moderator
    Staff Member

All of them
    Apr 14, 2003
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So if I wanted to play obscure minor leagues and make up a team called Scranton Dunder Mifflin FC, which one would be my best bet? I would probably use a Wii.

billf repped this.
  24. Skevin

Skevin Member+

Aug 9, 2009
    Colorado
    Club:
    Aston Villa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    Fifa 13 because you can actually move your way up and get to play teams you actually recognize. You can also use real players to make the team. PES has like no licensed leagues or players so it is tough to play in the minor leagues. Like you can make a 4th division club in England and actually compete in the cups. Then work your way up to the Premier league. Can't do that in PES.

25. Skevin

Skevin Member+

Aug 9, 2009
    Colorado
    Club:
    Aston Villa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    I don't know about Portugal, but I know Fifa is much more popular in Czech and areas around Czech. England is big on fifa. Same with Germany, France, Italy, Netherlands, Slovakia, Austria, etc. I played PES and it is fun but I honestly just can't get over the names. I support Villa and I dislike how we were called West Birmingham FC. It also was a pain trying to figure out who was who with all the fake names. Signing players was more of a hassle than fun. I ended up selling the game back.