FIFA Soccer 2004 info

Discussion in 'Games' started by olckicker, Jun 9, 2003.

1. Cbear5959

Cbear5959 New Member

Aug 11, 2002
    Rhody
    man that game looks great, especially the franchise

2. subbuteo

subbuteo New Member

Dec 17, 2002
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    definitely a step in the right direction

3. astabooty

astabooty Member

Nov 16, 2002
    China
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i have to say, ea really does do a great job on graphics. they always improve in that area. the stadia are great.

4. P-Rez

P-Rez New Member

Jun 13, 2003
    Los Angeles
    I loved playing 2003, totally blew 2002 out of the water i hope 2004 does the same to 2003. EA is finally getting this soccer thing right. My only complaint is that they dont have teams from the America's, at least the top teams in Mexico, Columbia, and Argentina or perhaps the teams that participated in the Libertadores tournament.

5. Quake87

Quake87 New Member

May 19, 2001
    San Jose
    its also going to be online..i cant wait to whoop some people with the quakes.

6. astabooty

astabooty Member

Nov 16, 2002
    China
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    im jw if online sports games are usually infested with cheats like other popular multiplayer games? and in general how is the cheating situation for mp games off of xbox or ps2?

7. honkifulovemls

Sep 5, 2001
    NY/MA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    wow, damn finally 2 things i've really wanted: a franchise mode and online capability [using PS2]!

i may actually join the dark force this fall...

8. Various Styles

Various Styles Member+

Mar 1, 2000
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    fifa 2004 info

Groundbreaking Gameplay: A fine-tuned game engine, and new animations dramatically enhance the smoothness in player movement

Groundbreaking gameplay should have nothing to do with Smoothness in player movement, its the games AI that counts. In WE6 the computer has scored some sweet goals against me and i have suffered some dramatic losses. I dont care how smooth FIFA 2004 runs i really doubt their ground breaking gameplay will come any close to Konamis Winning 11 series. Other than that the Franchise mode sounds sweet. Definately i wont buy this game as i feel that EA has ripped me off in their 99 and 00 games so i will just DL it from Kazaa..

:D :p

9. Wimp_lo2

Wimp_lo2 New Member

Nov 10, 2002
    Fresno, CA, USA
    same here. I already lost count on how much money i have wastes on fifa titles never truely being satisfied. Now that i have we6, i dont need any other soccer game.

10. MetroAndAGuinessPlz

MetroAndAGuinessPlz New Member

Apr 1, 2003
    NY
    The only thing for EA to do at this point is hand over the FIFA license to Winning Eleven.

11. spectra

spectra New Member

Aug 8, 2002
    The best FIFA game was Fifa 98: Road to the world cup. I still have that on Playstation!

12. profiled

profiled Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 7, 2000
    slightly north of a mile high
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Since moving to the UK I haven't had a chance to play the International Version of Winning Eleven 6, how does it compare to the Japanese versions (6, J-League, and Final Evolution?).

We play an english patched version of the import 6FE alot here at work, and it's a big step above Pro Evolution Soccer 2, just wondering what version the US ended up getting...

13. otterulz

otterulz Member

Arsenal, Atleti
    South Korea
    Jun 20, 2002
    LIC, NY
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well, if it plays anything like FIFA 2003, I'm not gonna get it. They have some improvements to make. Ok, make that a lot of improvements.

14. Various Styles

Various Styles Member+

Mar 1, 2000
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    fifa 2004 info

Oh the memories.. I made one of the weakest Brazilian National teams ever by droping all the high profile players and calling up unkowns. Despite losing my first two home games at Maracana i managed to qualify to the WC with a last minute goal by Caio over Peru. The FIFA France 98 WC game was also very good and an improvement in gameplay, however they took out so many of the options from RTWC. After that it all went down hill IMO..

15. Auriaprottu

Auriaprottu Member+

Atlanta Damn United
    Apr 1, 2002
    The back of the bus
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    RTWC '98 was the best FIFA game EA ever made. Here's a small list of features from that game that are not in FIFA 2003:

Zoom/Pan in replay
    Cut scenes that show player emotions
    Kit edit
    Player edit
    World Cup qualifying
    Weather choice
    Game time choice
    Player Call-ups
    More and better goal celebrations
    Custom League options

I had what is still one of my most memorable matches on this game (N64 platform). Came from a 0-2 hafltime deficit to beat France in the W/C semis. GG by Romario. Won the final 6-0 over the Germans.

16. Di7seconds

Di7seconds New Member

Feb 11, 2003
    Land of the Free!!!!
    That game was awesome, but I think the best fifa game was 2001. That was the breakthrough game.

17. BadReligion

BadReligion New Member

Dec 26, 2002
    Washington, DC
    Hell yeah it was. The new fifa engine doesn't even compare to the 2001 format. It was so much better. Crosses were more efficient and league format was way better.

18. astabooty

astabooty Member

Nov 16, 2002
    China
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    umm..wasnt there indoor soccer in rtwc?
    i loved that option.

19. Premium Hamatachi redded

Sep 9, 2002
    fifa 2001: spin yourself until you score

20. Ted Cikowski

Ted Cikowski Red Card

May 31, 2000
    FIFA 2001 was the worst one ever in my opinion. FIFA 98 was crap too, it had some good options and all but the gameplay was classic suck. FIFA 200 was the first decent attempt at football, and I emphasis the word DECENT. Fifa 2003 was thier first good game, and I mean good - not great.

I am looking forward to FIFA 2004 because if they keep making adjustments to what they have now it will be quality.

21. Alex_1

Alex_1 Member

Mar 29, 2002
    Zürich
    Club:
    Grasshopper Club Zürich
    Nat'l Team:
    Switzerland
    WE6 is a fun game - and I also picked up the World Tour Soccer game a while ago and that too I think is pretty good. I never picked up FIFA 2003 - I liked the creation center in 2002. But where EA screwed up was in a few bugs in the game + overall gameplay was pretty redundant. If you have FIFA 2002, ever notice how when you create a tournament, and you advance, the next round is never randomized? And the goal keeping is horrible. Basically if you play a top team, they can fire one in past you from the game-time kickoff spot.

I swear if they put me in a "think-tank" to develop a football game, every-one of you would be very happy with the result. ;) Heh heh, gameplay would be stellar and the features would be awesome.

I also liked the whole "Player Pool" in FIFA 98. That was a great feature.

22. stattosoftware

stattosoftware New Member

Feb 3, 2003
    RTWC '98 was life changing for me since I really paid REALLY close attention to the World Cup for a long time and also let's just say I recently attended a Blur concert having never heard of them before that.

23. MetroAndAGuinessPlz

MetroAndAGuinessPlz New Member

Apr 1, 2003
    NY
    My personal favorite was FIFA 99. But really I can not stress this enough - play Winning Eleven for a few days and all you are going to say is FIFA who? It is very difficult at first but the soccer experience is recreated to "T". As I said in an earlier post the only thing they lack is the FIFA license which is a total shame.

24. Pibe#10

Pibe#10 Member

May 1, 2003
    ArmeniA
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I think they will have some kind of America's tournament, where teams from all over the Americas will be included.