FIFA Soccer 10 (Part II)

Discussion in 'Games' started by Goodsport, Oct 22, 2009.

1. Tico Brohay

Tico Brohay New Member

Mar 29, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Sorry to barge in on the OP's thread but i cant start my own yet for some reason, anyway. Any one interested in joining a Pro Club (PS3)? Need a few more players to get a nice team going. If so please send an add request to K-DAWG42 and i will send you an invite. Thanks everyone.

2. Inter4Life5

Inter4Life5 Member

Jul 16, 2008
    nyc
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    im looking for a club that will play regularly, my psn is itzmario77 ill send an friend request.

3. Tico Brohay

Tico Brohay New Member

Mar 29, 2010
    Club:
    --other--

Cool. Will be on tonight. Also i just sent the club invite to you.

4. foxflyer5

foxflyer5 New Member

Feb 6, 2007
    so ive been getting into the ps3 version lately. what do most people do online, play the regular version of the game against each other or are more people doing the playing the Be a Pro mode?

5. BTV802

BTV802 BigSoccer Supporter

AFC Ajax
    Jul 11, 2006
    Vermont
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Be a pro sucks because 90% of the people play very selfishly and directly up the middle with no consideration of width. I usually like to play on the wing and I'll play an entire game without touching the ball once.

6. Inter4Life5

Inter4Life5 Member

Jul 16, 2008
    nyc
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    i do both- well i do the pro club championship when i get a steady squad. and i usually play any since nobody these days know how to defend... which is really annoying if you want to play just as your pro. so i usually work it around to everyone best i can since they usually play foward and never open up... if you find a good group, then it can be fun.
    i prefer to play by myself, mostly because nobody i know or play with is anywhere near my skill so them trying to do anything just ends up in a disaster so i usually take control of the players.

7. foxflyer5

foxflyer5 New Member

Feb 6, 2007
    thanks for the insights. ill probably just do the Be a Pro by myself, and then try to match up controlling a team with some people online. is there a trick to doing tricks? my players just seem to wanna cut back and thats it.

8. BTV802

AFC Ajax
    Jul 11, 2006
    Vermont
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    In the arena practice mode you have to go through and do certain tricks to gain the ability to do them all...I forget which one you have to do first. Maybe the Blanco where you click the right analog stick and the player jumps and lifts the ball up with both feet. As you complete all the tricks you'll see status updates saying you've leveled up I think...

Took me a really long time to figure out but once you do it your player can do every trick in the book.

9. Inter4Life5

Inter4Life5 Member

Jul 16, 2008
    nyc
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    if you go to the virtual pro option in the menu, go through the skills and it should tell you what youve done and what you need to do. then just go to the trick help cuz some of the simpler tricks are annoying to actually get down sometimes.

10. foxflyer5

foxflyer5 New Member

Feb 6, 2007
    thanks for the tips. ive been trying to do different moves and such, but didnt realize i had to do them in the warm up screen first.

11. BTV802

AFC Ajax
    Jul 11, 2006
    Vermont
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Yeah it's kind of silly and not clear really. I had to search all these forums on the web for an answer. I use the skill moves alot so it was really a pain in the ass not to be able to use them.

12. foxflyer5

foxflyer5 New Member

Feb 6, 2007
    yeah, you definitely need the skill moves. i got used to using them in previous editions of the game. and if all you can do is cut, you leave yourself open to the defender stepping. im gonna boost my skills this weekend and get back up to form.

13. Inter4Life5

Inter4Life5 Member

Jul 16, 2008
    nyc
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    i downloaded the world cup demo, games pretty sick im not gonna lie.

14. strangepup

strangepup Member

Mar 17, 2007
    LA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    yeah, it is definitely worth buying

15. Inter4Life5

Inter4Life5 Member

Jul 16, 2008
    nyc
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    im not gonna buy it only because it will be the same thing as fifa 11. they always put some new features into the world cup or euro editions, and just put those in fifa 11.

16. JediMindTricks

Jun 20, 2006
    Houston
    that's fine.

i plan on buying it because i really just play clubs in the normal fifa series, and the world cup version will have the netherlands and japan.

17. Inter4Life5

Inter4Life5 Member

Jul 16, 2008
    nyc
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    playstation store 20$- word on the street. so now i might have to buy it.

18. JediMindTricks

Jun 20, 2006
    Houston
    seriously?

wow.

19. soccerfan1309

soccerfan1309 New Member

Apr 14, 2010
  20. Inter4Life5

Inter4Life5 Member

Jul 16, 2008
    nyc
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    yes, i talked to a guy at gamestop. said theyre gonna do it like that. this is great because i was never gonna buy it for the full 60-65$, whatever it is. cuz its gonna basically be a preview of fifa 11/expansion of fifa 10 so theres really no point in spending full price when you play the game for like a week and you won the world cup with 17 different countries good and bad. but im probably gonna go straight online.

21. Laserbeard

Laserbeard New Member

Mar 23, 2010
    Lake Jackson
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    I'm on the fence about WC, I agree that its gonna be FIFA 10.5
    Besides,
    I've had FIFA 10 for only 3 months or so now, and I think its absolutely great, well and good enough to hold me over until FIFA 11 comes out.

BTW: I've created a club team and I'm looking for members on FIFA 10 xbox
    Hit me if you're interested.
    GT: I Laserbeard I

22. Inter4Life5

Inter4Life5 Member

Jul 16, 2008
    nyc
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    ya... gamestop lied to me... let down.

and fifa 10 is officially bullshit.

23. Inter4Life5

Inter4Life5 Member

Jul 16, 2008
    nyc
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    i was bored, so after i scored some legit goals i decided to record some of the goals with my fone, this isnt the best quality, but you should be able to make it out, its mostly just scoops and free kicks and stuff, im gona post my second video which should be up in like 10 minutes.[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v7SMYOowWfQ"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v7SMYOowWfQ[/ame]

24. Inter4Life5

Inter4Life5 Member

Jul 16, 2008
    nyc
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    heres my second video which is 5x nastier. [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bg-pYD0TS4g"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bg-pYD0TS4g[/ame]