FIFA Soccer 10 (Part II)

Discussion in 'Games' started by Goodsport, Oct 22, 2009.

1. Goodsport

Goodsport Moderator
    Staff Member

May 18, 1999
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Continued from here.

2. Goodsport

Goodsport Moderator
    Staff Member

May 18, 1999
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I found this out recently myself. :eek:

If it helps, I found a post here that includes tips that could help improve the performance somewhat.

In any case, this is my first FIFA game since FIFA Soccer 06. I didn't bother getting FIFA Soccer 07 and FIFA Soccer 08 since they didn't include the San Jose Earthquakes, while my ancient PC video card was already way too weak to handle FIFA Soccer 09 (the rest of my old system barely fit the minimum system requirements) and I couldn't afford any of the next-gen console systems.

What helped my return to the franchise was that my old video card started giving out a few weeks ago and I finally replaced it with a somewhat old but still fairly decent one (it still had to fit an AGP slot, so I was fortunate to find one). I can now play FIFA Soccer 10 fairly well with only a few of the graphic options turned a bit down.

As I hadn't played it in a few years, I've been playing on the Easy setting with (you guessed it) the San Jose Earthquakes and the U.S. National Team until I fully get my bearings, after which I'll increase the difficulty. :D

One thing I'm very impressed with is how accurate the uniforms are, even down to the sponsor wordmarks and the small text on the back of the MLS jerseys' neck area. The only other time I can remember the franchise's designers doing such an accurate job with the uniforms was in FIFA Soccer 2003, with the designers then actually getting more and more lazy in the following three editions (the Earthquakes jersey logo was simply an upside-down triangle of some sort in FIFA Soccer 06, among many other examples).

One thing I've been trying to do with the help of the latest version of Creation Master 10 has been to change the Earthquakes primary kit from black jersey / black shorts / black socks back to blue jersey / black shorts / blue socks (like in the 2001-2005 era and hopefully starting next season again), only I found that the in-game uniforms are actually "skins", so I'll have to figure out another way of doing that. :eek:

Still, there's much of the gameplay for me to re-learn, and I can't wait to get back home to do just that.

-G

3. Goodsport

Goodsport Moderator
    Staff Member

May 18, 1999
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Oops, I forgot to mention that I have played EA's 2006 FIFA World Cup, which was my last foray into a soccer video game until just recently.

Sorry about the confusion. :eek:

-G

4. Inter4Life5

Inter4Life5 Member

Jul 16, 2008
    nyc
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    fifa 10 is so different than 09. the right analog stick is no longer cheap its great

5. FNU

FNU BigSoccer Yellow Card

Mar 6, 2007
    Monte Vesuvio
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I also use City, so far they're ok. I don't like gloryhunting, the only 5 star I'll use is Italy. I had the weakest goal scored on me today: a ground gross went THROUGH my GK's legs and to the other side for the tap in goal. HOW DOES THIS HAPPEN!? lol

6. harkes6

harkes6 Member

Apr 24, 2007
    san francisco
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    are the bugs listed in the previous thread really that problematic? are all copies of the game affected with all of those bugs? or are those just all of the reported ones in the millions of copies sold?

7. FNU

Mar 6, 2007
    Monte Vesuvio
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I don't play MM, but I'll say yes. New patches out today and tom for 360.

8. thejuggernaut

thejuggernaut Member

Mar 25, 2007
    PA
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'll tell you what. I went into the purchase a touch suspect, but at the end of the day. THE GAME IS QUALITY.

I can not disrespect a game that allows the sport to be played. I have lost games either by losing the ball in my own half or an outside shot by drogba, rooney, ibra. That was my major beef with 09's online mode. It would take minimal skill to hack through my defence, now grant it I'm playing pretty light competition but so far so good, and every game i've won i've played better, and every game I lost the reverse was true.

9. Inter4Life5

Inter4Life5 Member

Jul 16, 2008
    nyc
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    wat i meant was that in 09 the right analog stick in the direction of the run wuld beat the defender 90% of the time but in 10, the defender doesnt stop like in 09 he will push the foward off the ball or get beaten in a tough manner.

the game is obviousl quality. right now im playing manager mode on legendary to get used to the play style and then start playing online wen i get a good feel of the game speed and wat not

10. Prime Time

Prime Time Member

May 1, 2004
    South Florida
    The game is definitely quality. I'm now 23-2-2 online, and I had the most exciting game today. I was using U.S. (who I have yet to lose a game with) and played Spain.

The guy I played scored 3 goals in the first 8 minutes. The first half was 4-0, and then Charlie Davies broke through for a goal. He responded with a goal, and just before halftime, Davies was in a crowd in front of his box. He decided to go for a reckless slide tackle that gave Puyol a red card, and Davies a game-ending injury.

Second half starts and I score two quick goals with Altidore. The guy never filled in Puyol's position with someone else, so I began to take advantage of that and ended up winning 6-5 in regulation. Crazy game, and still undefeated with the U.S. :cool:

11. flamepruf

flamepruf New Member

Mar 28, 2009
    Jackson, MO
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I can't wait to play, but after pre-ordering from the EA Store a month and a half ago (mainly cause I had a 25% off deal), I have yet to receive the dam game.

No notice that it's shipped and ea only responds that it's "processing"....grr

12. jcvf90

jcvf90 Member

Dec 12, 2006
    Boca Raton, FL
    How unrealistic is that :rolleyes:

13. nandoal28

nandoal28 Member

Feb 22, 2004
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I did the same thing. Except mine arrived on Tuesday afternoon. Guess I got lucky?

14. Prime Time

Prime Time Member

May 1, 2004
    South Florida
    Doesn't matter. The game plays pretty real, and not every game I play online is going to play out like a real game. Most online players use no strategy and just go all-out-attack, so it is hard to have every game play out to be realistic.

I also think that is the problem many are having with the learning curve of the game. In previous versions you could abuse the sprint and get by with that, but not anymore. With strength now playing a factor, I think a lot of people don't have a plan B when attacking.

I was always more a knock it around kind fof guy, so I have had no problems adjusting to this version of FIFA.

15. jcvf90

jcvf90 Member

Dec 12, 2006
    Boca Raton, FL
    That is why I hate online, little kids or people who know nothing only pick BArca Man U or Madrid and have the R2 button pressed all day. I only play online with friends other wise its lame and its not real football.
    Am not really enjoying fifa tbh, MM sucks

16. FNU

Mar 6, 2007
    Monte Vesuvio
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I started using Liverpool last night, perfect fit for me. The game is totally about physical strength unless you're REAL who are very cheap but fun to play with. I won't lie, I use them every time someone picks BARCA. :D

17. Henry Porter

Henry Porter Member

Dec 9, 2005
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  18. Guayaquileño

Guayaquileño Member

Dec 3, 2006
    New York City
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Fifa 10 is pretty good.... my 09 stats carried over and as espected on the highest difficulty... I'm not trying to gloat.. but it bores me to win so many times... don't believe me friend me .. SurOscura185 on xbox live.

I've had every fifa since fifa06 and this one is pretty good.

19. Inter4Life5

Inter4Life5 Member

Jul 16, 2008
    nyc
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    i got fifa on ps3 and im 10-1 already. ive been cheaping it out but whatever, only because ill get into the game with inter and the other guy will be real madrid so ill ust beat them with barcelona, but watever idc. ive been using arsenal also.
    i keep gettign the people who think its still 09 and they just try to cheap out the right analog stick to beat a defender and lose the ball everytime. its pretty sad.

20. Prime Time

Prime Time Member

May 1, 2004
    South Florida
    Online is the best, and the challenge is always there as your opponents style of play is constantly changing (based on opponent). It's real fun to strategize and play online, even against the "kids".

Online mode and playing multiplayer with friends and my brother are the reason I play this game. I don't even touch MM.

21. strangepup

strangepup Member

Mar 17, 2007
    LA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I am starting to play more online (haven't yet with 10...trying to adjust to it), but it seems like a take a lot of crap for passing the ball around instead of just hauling arse to the goal. Not sure if there are any unspoke rules of online play that I should know.

Also, has anyone been able to find Freddy Adu on this game? I searched for "Adu" and came up with nothing.

22. SeaOtter

SeaOtter Member

Nov 7, 2006
    Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He may not have been on any official roster at the time the game was completed. I did a search for Heath Pearce and got the same result.

23. nandoal28

nandoal28 Member

Feb 22, 2004
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He's on the USMNT on the reserves.

24. ArrozConPollo

ArrozConPollo Member

Dec 16, 2008
    Boston,Ma
    Club:
    Nacional de Medellin
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I dont like it as much if you pick a 2nd div team and promote them and even finish in the top spots your players dont really go up on their ratings very much

25. Guayaquileño

Guayaquileño Member

Dec 3, 2006
    New York City
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The rule in online gaming on fifa... is don't fuqen quit!! I don't care how badly I am destroying you, if you quit or "lose connection" I think of you as a coward and scum of the earth.

p.s. I am glad to see Ecuador in the game again and the players' stats improved and team is faster. The roster is actually pretty much the actual one.

out of S.A. in FIFA10

Brasil, Paraguay, Ecuador, Argentina, Uruguay