PBP: FIFA 2018 World Cup - Group H - Colombia vs. Poland - 6/24/18

Discussion in 'Colombian National Team' started by Furnaccio, Jun 13, 2018.

1. Azucarero

Azucarero Member+

May 9, 2008
    OF course it wasn't his fault. We were down a man well before he came on and that was going to take it's toll eventually.

That said, as a sub, you have got to press defenders and make runs off the ball like mad so that the man disadvantage doesn't get exposed. He barely even jogged.

What's worse, James is our most fiery player and he has been since he debuted. Today, more than ever, we needed that fire. He had NONE of it. And that's the most concerning part. If he could barely jog around, then he must have known before coming on that couldn't possibly add the spark. Not good...

kromekote repped this.
  2. Azucarero

Azucarero Member+

May 9, 2008
    Anybody catch Poland Senegal? I saw most of the match before and after the goals. Even though I missed what matter most, I'd say the two teams were of about the same level. Senegal was definitely stronger on the counter, but they were also a little sloppy at times.

I'm glad we're facing Poland first and not Senegal. We need to play a team that'll try to play us straight up and is less likely to shock us on counters (our defense looks rough). Their match looked very open. NO REASON to play with a double 5 against them. We need to bring in Uribe and try to take the game to them.

ryu79 and Furnaccio repped this.
  3. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Senegal has nothing. Poland like us let their hype get to their heads

Their defense is utter shit

With all 11 men and playing with more then 1 up top should be an easy game

Both goals for Senegal were laughable defending from Poland

Froboy69 and Furnaccio repped this.
  4. Azucarero

Azucarero Member+

May 9, 2008
    You're ridiculous.

5. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Did you watch the game?

Both teams were trash. Fine we lost but because of a harsh call and a idiotic coach that you guys are getting off your knees for. Finally seeing the light.

We don’t beat Poland and it’s over. But Poland’s defense was laughablely bad. Their offense wasn’t anything. To write about either

Senegal’s 1st goal was a own goal. 2nd was a idiotic back pass that the other team stole and jogged in the goal.

6. Azucarero

Azucarero Member+

May 9, 2008
    You complain about our team constantly and about how bad we play. How on earth is Poland possibly going to be an easy game? You're out of your mind.

Can we win? Sure. Should we? Debatable; I think we should. An easy game? Today was our "easy" game. You saw what happened...

You have a weird sense of logic. If we lost because of an idiotic coach and a bad call, don't those same exceptions apply to Poland? That 2nd goal was on a much more controversial play than Sanchez' red. If the first was an own goal, doesn't that just highlight that Senegal wasn't able to score in open play?

You've been on this forum far too long to have these teenage-esque lapses in logic, dude.

dapip, ryu79, jay luis and 4 others repped this.
  7. Bomb8

Bomb8 Member+

Jun 19, 2017
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I'd have to see the match again to be sure, but if the rest of the team is super tired, I don't think it's a good idea for one player to press the opposing team alone. It's basically impossible.

Azucarero repped this.
  8. Bomb8

Bomb8 Member+

Jun 19, 2017
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    This guy has the most accurate analysis of the Poland-Senegal match.

Froboy69 and colombianballa91 repped this.
  9. JudeCaso10

JudeCaso10 Member

Nov 17, 2013
    Florida
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

I feel we we're in the game, quintero was starting to really get into the flow, thats how.

10. Froboy69

Froboy69 Member+

Inter Milan
    Colombia
    Mar 25, 2011
    San Diego
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Do you guys think Quintero and James should have stayed in at the same time?

11. Furnaccio

Furnaccio Member+

Feb 19, 2008
    New York, NY
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I was hoping Izzy was going to be the 2nd one subbed out. But perhaps James didn’t have enough strength to handle that LM work load especially with a man down.

12. Froboy69

Froboy69 Member+

Inter Milan
    Colombia
    Mar 25, 2011
    San Diego
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    FB_IMG_1529446007170.jpg Who the ******** made this...

13. jay luis

jay luis Member+

Sep 14, 2013
    Corona, Nyc
    Club:
    Deportivo Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I never liked morcilla. Ima have my revenge on Japan this Friday by tearing up some Japanese food :)

dapip repped this.
  14. Froboy69

Froboy69 Member+

Inter Milan
    Colombia
    Mar 25, 2011
    San Diego
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    You guys think that Senegal will beat Japan? Personally, I feel like it's very possible but it would be quite troublesome if Japan won again because we wouldn't be able to influence their last game.

15. ryu79

ryu79 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 17, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Seriously that's obviously Korean made sushi. Poor form.

Froboy69 repped this.
  16. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Japan almost tied to a team with 10 guys for 90 minutes.....

The last 2 subs made by Colombia did not work. And cost us the game

I cant see Japan winning all 3 games but it doesnt matter as we need to win the next 2 games. As we need to win by goal difference right now both teams with 3 points have 1+. We have -1 as well as poland but because we got a red card that is a tie breaker. So we are last.

If we beat Poland 1-0. We still have to beat Senegal because of the tie breaker. .....

All the levels/ways that Carlos Sanchez FKd us today.... only thing we can do is win both games

17. Doogs

Doogs Member+

Dec 11, 2010
    Miami
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Despite us losing to them, I was not too impressed by Japan. Mind you we still made them look pretty good.

Id like to watch the Senegal game once i've cooled down to see what they're like.

who knows anymore, today was supposed to be a solid win for us and look at what we got instead.

18. ryu79

ryu79 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 17, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Wow. I really didn't see him that poor. He just looked like a guy who hadn't practiced as much and he usually is at his best in an open game or when he has partnership, off his game even a touch with the Japanese having the luxury of man or double man mark him he couldn't find space. I thought for sure he had scored on the run into the box where he received from the backheel.

I liked this response this evening, he will be ready for Poland and I really hope we see Mina too. That dude, like James is a winner.

dapip repped this.
  19. Doogs

Doogs Member+

Dec 11, 2010
    Miami
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    It was still Oscar Murillo's mistake which led to Sanchez rushing back to attempt (and fail) at cleaning up his mess.

20. Doogs

Doogs Member+

Dec 11, 2010
    Miami
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    well James started off strong in the first few minutes but he faded rather quickly.

I think I agree with Azu, I expected a bit more from him, I didn't think he was particularly bad though, he was probably one of the better ones if that's saying anything in a game like this.

Japan pressed very well and they knew who to target, they closed down all our attacking outlets, Falcao, Cuadrado, James and Sanchez (the 3 minutes he played anyway)

21. ryu79

ryu79 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 17, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    This is the worst Japanese team in ages (and of course I follow them). It's the tail end of what was a great generation with Shinji and Keisuke - but most are past their best and it was pretty much the same dudes we housed in Brasil.

What they are though is an OG team full of veterans and they saw a defense poop it's pants in front of them today and pounced. Then they had good discipline passing the ball around in the second half to wear us out and kill the game.

Wouldn't be surprised to see them housed by Lewandoski in the box (why wasn't Mina in the game to draw people from Falcao on set pieces, argh!) Or overmatched by Senegal's speed.

I say this all as a Colombian Japanese American, who is a realist. We totally wasted a game we should have won today but 66% of the first round is still left to play!

kromekote, jay luis and dapip repped this.
  22. Doogs

Doogs Member+

Dec 11, 2010
    Miami
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I love morcilla, sadly for some reason none of the bandeja paisa's they sell here in miami seem to have any morcilla, really irritating.

ryu79 repped this.
  23. Doogs

Doogs Member+

Dec 11, 2010
    Miami
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    the more I think about this game the more upset I get. I have no clue what happened.

I have to remind myself that we were a man down the whole game and I think there needs to be more blame on Oscar Murillo who caused this whole situation to happen.

24. ryu79

ryu79 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 17, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Love morcilla.

25. dapip

dapip Member+

Sep 5, 2003
    South Florida
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Morcilla is usually not part of bandeja paisa and it’s rather cumbersome to prepare, reason why I think restaurants go with easier sides. If you’re around Kendall or Pinecrest I strongly recommend Macita’s bandeja, enough to to feed a family of four.